The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
If you look at all the Bronco starter free agents that must be resigned, it doesn't leave a lot of cap space left:

Starters:
Bunkley - $4M-$5M per year
Thomas - $2-$4M per year
Royal - $3M per year
Fells - $1.5M per year
McBean - $1-$2M per year
Colquitt - $1M - $1.5M per year

Reserves:
Woodyard - $2M per year (if I was him I'd go somewhere else to start for more $)
Haggan - $1M per year (if he agrees to take a pay cut)

And what to do with Dawkins? Last year he counted $9M against the cap. Could we resign him for $5M? Hope they don't sign Meriweather to big $. New England cut him for a reason.

That's about $20M gone. Right now the Broncos are at about $94M...that would puot them at about $114M...still needing an MLB.

Bring in Hawthorne at $3M per year, and sign the draftpicks...

CAP SPACE = GONE
The Broncos rolled over $28m from last season and the cap is yet to be set for 2012 and in all likelyhood it'll be more than $120m to help the Raiders/Steelers out and to sort out the franchise tags.

Minimum the Broncos have about $50m in caproom should they need to use it all. Dawkins is also a free agent and if he's ever cleared to play would only come back into the league in Denver for a minimum contract in reality.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
Rolandftw

For some reason, I keep reading this headline as: Broncos have cap space, but won't spent wisely
Old 03-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
The Broncos rolled over $28m from last season and the cap is yet to be set for 2012 and in all likelyhood it'll be more than $120m to help the Raiders/Steelers out and to sort out the franchise tags.

Minimum the Broncos have about $50m in caproom should they need to use it all. Dawkins is also a free agent and if he's ever cleared to play would only come back into the league in Denver for a minimum contract in reality.
I can't see the Broncos spending any of the rolled over cap unless it is on Manning. The cap is going to be right around $120M. If they spend $148M this year, they would still have to cut down to $120M next year. That whole rollover cap thing is confusing.

I don't think Dawkins would come back for league minimum. I would rather pay Dawkins $4M for one year, than sign Meriwheather to a longterm contract.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #29
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I can't see the Broncos spending any of the rolled over cap unless it is on Manning. The cap is going to be right around $120M. If they spend $148M this year, they would still have to cut down to $120M next year. That whole rollover cap thing is confusing.

I don't think Dawkins would come back for league minimum. I would rather pay Dawkins $4M for one year, than sign Meriwheather to a longterm contract.
They'll have to spend it if Manning comes here, cos he'll be wanting Wayne, Saturday and co as well.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #30
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Bunkley - $4M-$5M per year
Thomas - $2-$4M per year
Royal - $3M per year
Fells - $1.5M per year
McBean - $1-$2M per year
Colquitt - $1M - $1.5M per year

Reserves:
Woodyard - $2M per year (if I was him I'd go somewhere else to start for more $)
Haggan - $1M per year (if he agrees to take a pay cut)
Bunkley - wouldn't give him anything more than $3.5M AAV.
Thomas - Got $1M last year, I'd offer him $1.5M at most for next year.
Royal - $1.5M is the most I'd pay a slightly above average punt/kick return guy.
Fells - No interest in bringing him back. Time to let Thomas and Green show what they've got with another young athlete drafted in behind them.
McBean - <$1M or he can walk. Might not even make it through camp if we bring him back.
Colquitt - RFA tender of a 2nd round pick is $1.4M, so that is the absolute most he'd see. Could easily get him to take less per year for a long term deal.
Woodyard - I'd offer about $1M, but not a penny more. I'd like to know what team would let him start though.
Haggan - Not needed back.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #31
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Bunkley - wouldn't give him anything more than $3.5M AAV.
Thomas - Got $1M last year, I'd offer him $1.5M at most for next year.
Royal - $1.5M is the most I'd pay a slightly above average punt/kick return guy.
Fells - No interest in bringing him back. Time to let Thomas and Green show what they've got with another young athlete drafted in behind them.
McBean - <$1M or he can walk. Might not even make it through camp if we bring him back.
Colquitt - RFA tender of a 2nd round pick is $1.4M, so that is the absolute most he'd see. Could easily get him to take less per year for a long term deal.
Woodyard - I'd offer about $1M, but not a penny more. I'd like to know what team would let him start though.
Haggan - Not needed back.

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote