The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #2126
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043
Ok pay attention this is my most important tweet in the whole manning saga. Just spoke with a high placed broncos source. The broncos are trying to give manning his space. There have been NO conversations today. The 95% broncos story is "WAY off". Again there have been zero
Keep in mind this is after they told Vic to STFU. They are in damage control now. They know they spilled too much and now need to keep a low profile. But it changes nothing, they are still the front runners.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #2127
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Good lord, this is pure speculation Jenga at this point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #2128
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

twitter and all of these 'sources' are a joke
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #2129
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,069
Default

Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #2130
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #2131
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Adam Schefter said what Mort said is right.

He said Manning is in no rush, and apparently neither are the Broncos.

I say the first FAs we go after is Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Jeff Saturday
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #2132
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #2133
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

it just makes me think he's hoping for another team to jump in that perhaps he was hoping would be interested in his services all along...

Houston perhaps?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #2134
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #2135
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
Houston perhaps?...
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #2136
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
i'm not sure what the cap ramifications are if they decided to move Schaub...

but thats a team that needs no additions... so if PM and Houston can agree on a decent contract, i'm sure Houston can rework things to get his contract under the cap...

i'm just speculating anyway of course...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #2137
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
exactly...

mike and mike don't think things completely through in their analysis (big shock)...

Denver isn't in a position to wait a long time... they have a lot of cap room and whether they sign PM or not will drive what direction the Broncos are going in free agency...

signing PM could mean leaving space for some of the Indy rejects...

once free agency starts, Denver can't afford to sit around waiting on PM... all of the top FAs will be gone quickly...

not to mention FAs decisions to join us or not is also impacted on them knowing whether or not PM is a Bronco or not...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #2138
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
but thats a team that needs no additions...
Very true. Other than figuring out the Schaub situatoin they can pretty much just plug Manning in and be done. I guess the risk they'd take here would be going from a possible "Super Bowl contender" with Schaub to just a "good team" if they get Manning and his arm never regains enough strength to play effectively. Different situations in Denver, Arizona and Miami where they really don't expect to compete at that level with their current QB's.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #2139
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans.
This makes me feel a lot better about persuing Manning. One of my concerns is that we would load up on old veterans to make a two-year run at the Super Bowl, then be left in the same boat as what the Colts or Vikings are in now. I like the fact that we are sticking to the same plan either way.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #2140
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,522

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #2141
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,621

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Peyton waiting until Wednesday, much less the end of the week, does not compute.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #2142
Liebs
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
you lead a blessed life
Liebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #2143
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,787
Default

The Peyton Manning tour was fun while it lasted.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it’s over.

Appearing on SportsCenter Monday morning, Schefter stated repeatedly that Manning won’t be taking any more free agent visits. Schefter explained that Manning “does not want to make this into a Reggie White tour,” and is already familiar with the Dolphins’ facility because the Colts used it during their two Super Bowl appearances in Miami.

Schefter called the Broncos the “favorites,” while acknowledging that the Cardinals are still “in contention.” The Dolphins seem to have been pushed to the backburner, though, since the South Florida frenzy that left Manning wary of joining Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland’s team.

The fact that Manning is also done with visits suggests other interested teams like the Titans are not being given serious consideration.

These things can change at any moment, but the Broncos and Cardinals are the clear-cut frontrunners to sign Manning at this point, with Denver possessing a slight edge.

A decision is tentatively expected by Wednesday.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ny-more-teams/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #2144
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,273

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
If PM waits until a week after FA period starts he is mucking things up for
all parties. Wherever he goes the teams have to know as soon as possible
due to the FA bidding process and what personnel they need to bring in to fill out the roster to match up with him. Him waiting to make a decision , or because of mental tiredness or emotional drain due to being released from Indy is a crock. He knows where he wants to go already.

Either he has his list narrowed down to one or two and its a toss up depending on money, or he is going all "Favre" and simply has no idea, and will end up screwing everyone on his short list. Az needs to get rid of Kolb and some O line. We need to bring in a TE and RB. Miami will need to restructure contracts also. Every team involved has to move players and contracts to accomodate him, and drawing it out screws every team that waits for his decision.

I said in aother thread that I thought he was "playing" Elway and co., and using us to dribve the price up for others. If he doesn't decide by Tuesday the chances of that being the case, are much higher.

Because we have a lot of cap room we are in a better position than others to withstand the screwing, but it will end up costing us as we'll have to overpay
for FAs that are left if he goes anywhere else After Tuesday.

If PM is coming here he will decide by Tuesday. After that Elway and co now have a problem with Tebow believing anything they ever tell him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #2145
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Archie loves a big market for his boys
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2146
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Archie loves a big market for his boys
(looks at Indy)

huh?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #2147
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

I'd be exhausted too after doing Den of Fri and Ariz on Sat and then having to deal with Mia. He's probably happy to be home. I don't blame him for waiting till mid week because that only puts his selected team one day behind in FA.

Ariz has the dome and Fitz.

Den has a much better FO and cap room.

But no one, not even Manning, knows how much arm strength he'll eventually have. But Montana was pretty much noodle armed in his KC years and got it done on grit and smarts.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #2148
bendog
Marginally Continent
 
bendog's Avatar
 
David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Folsom Prison
Posts: 19,872

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
(looks at Indy)

huh?
shaking head. lol
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #2149
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I'd be exhausted too after doing Den of Fri and Ariz on Sat and then having to deal with Mia. He's probably happy to be home. I don't blame him for waiting till mid week because that only puts his selected team one day behind in FA.

Ariz has the dome and Fitz.

Den has a much better FO and cap room.

But no one, not even Manning, knows how much arm strength he'll eventually have. But Montana was pretty much noodle armed in his KC years and got it done on grit and smarts.
yeah, that's a lot of free steak and BJ's
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #2150
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, people forget that Gabbert only started 2 years in college and was considered a bit of a developmental QB with really solid physical tools and potential.
development of a young qb? what is that. i learned on the mane that qbs dont get better. if they arent ready when they get here they never will be. maybe gabbart could play fb?

just wanted to say that you being patient with gabbert is a fresh perspective on young qbs.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Denver Broncos