The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #2126
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043
Ok pay attention this is my most important tweet in the whole manning saga. Just spoke with a high placed broncos source. The broncos are trying to give manning his space. There have been NO conversations today. The 95% broncos story is "WAY off". Again there have been zero
Keep in mind this is after they told Vic to STFU. They are in damage control now. They know they spilled too much and now need to keep a low profile. But it changes nothing, they are still the front runners.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #2127
BroncoBeavis

Good lord, this is pure speculation Jenga at this point.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #2128
Tim

twitter and all of these 'sources' are a joke
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #2129
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #2130
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 AM   #2131
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Adam Schefter said what Mort said is right.

He said Manning is in no rush, and apparently neither are the Broncos.

I say the first FAs we go after is Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Jeff Saturday
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:02 AM   #2132
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #2133
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

it just makes me think he's hoping for another team to jump in that perhaps he was hoping would be interested in his services all along...

Houston perhaps?...
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #2134
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #2135
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Houston perhaps?...
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #2136
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
i'm not sure what the cap ramifications are if they decided to move Schaub...

but thats a team that needs no additions... so if PM and Houston can agree on a decent contract, i'm sure Houston can rework things to get his contract under the cap...

i'm just speculating anyway of course...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #2137
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
exactly...

mike and mike don't think things completely through in their analysis (big shock)...

Denver isn't in a position to wait a long time... they have a lot of cap room and whether they sign PM or not will drive what direction the Broncos are going in free agency...

signing PM could mean leaving space for some of the Indy rejects...

once free agency starts, Denver can't afford to sit around waiting on PM... all of the top FAs will be gone quickly...

not to mention FAs decisions to join us or not is also impacted on them knowing whether or not PM is a Bronco or not...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #2138
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
but thats a team that needs no additions...
Very true. Other than figuring out the Schaub situatoin they can pretty much just plug Manning in and be done. I guess the risk they'd take here would be going from a possible "Super Bowl contender" with Schaub to just a "good team" if they get Manning and his arm never regains enough strength to play effectively. Different situations in Denver, Arizona and Miami where they really don't expect to compete at that level with their current QB's.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #2139
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans.
This makes me feel a lot better about persuing Manning. One of my concerns is that we would load up on old veterans to make a two-year run at the Super Bowl, then be left in the same boat as what the Colts or Vikings are in now. I like the fact that we are sticking to the same plan either way.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:52 AM   #2140
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 AM   #2141
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Peyton waiting until Wednesday, much less the end of the week, does not compute.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #2142
Liebs
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
you lead a blessed life
Liebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #2143
TonyR
Franchise Poster

The Peyton Manning tour was fun while it lasted.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it’s over.

Appearing on SportsCenter Monday morning, Schefter stated repeatedly that Manning won’t be taking any more free agent visits. Schefter explained that Manning “does not want to make this into a Reggie White tour,” and is already familiar with the Dolphins’ facility because the Colts used it during their two Super Bowl appearances in Miami.

Schefter called the Broncos the “favorites,” while acknowledging that the Cardinals are still “in contention.” The Dolphins seem to have been pushed to the backburner, though, since the South Florida frenzy that left Manning wary of joining Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland’s team.

The fact that Manning is also done with visits suggests other interested teams like the Titans are not being given serious consideration.

These things can change at any moment, but the Broncos and Cardinals are the clear-cut frontrunners to sign Manning at this point, with Denver possessing a slight edge.

A decision is tentatively expected by Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ny-more-teams/
Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #2144
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
If PM waits until a week after FA period starts he is mucking things up for
all parties. Wherever he goes the teams have to know as soon as possible
due to the FA bidding process and what personnel they need to bring in to fill out the roster to match up with him. Him waiting to make a decision , or because of mental tiredness or emotional drain due to being released from Indy is a crock. He knows where he wants to go already.

Either he has his list narrowed down to one or two and its a toss up depending on money, or he is going all "Favre" and simply has no idea, and will end up screwing everyone on his short list. Az needs to get rid of Kolb and some O line. We need to bring in a TE and RB. Miami will need to restructure contracts also. Every team involved has to move players and contracts to accomodate him, and drawing it out screws every team that waits for his decision.

I said in aother thread that I thought he was "playing" Elway and co., and using us to dribve the price up for others. If he doesn't decide by Tuesday the chances of that being the case, are much higher.

Because we have a lot of cap room we are in a better position than others to withstand the screwing, but it will end up costing us as we'll have to overpay
for FAs that are left if he goes anywhere else After Tuesday.

If PM is coming here he will decide by Tuesday. After that Elway and co now have a problem with Tebow believing anything they ever tell him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #2145
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Archie loves a big market for his boys
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2146
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Archie loves a big market for his boys
(looks at Indy)

huh?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #2147
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

I'd be exhausted too after doing Den of Fri and Ariz on Sat and then having to deal with Mia. He's probably happy to be home. I don't blame him for waiting till mid week because that only puts his selected team one day behind in FA.

Ariz has the dome and Fitz.

Den has a much better FO and cap room.

But no one, not even Manning, knows how much arm strength he'll eventually have. But Montana was pretty much noodle armed in his KC years and got it done on grit and smarts.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #2148
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
(looks at Indy)

huh?
shaking head. lol
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #2149
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
I'd be exhausted too after doing Den of Fri and Ariz on Sat and then having to deal with Mia. He's probably happy to be home. I don't blame him for waiting till mid week because that only puts his selected team one day behind in FA.

Ariz has the dome and Fitz.

Den has a much better FO and cap room.

But no one, not even Manning, knows how much arm strength he'll eventually have. But Montana was pretty much noodle armed in his KC years and got it done on grit and smarts.
yeah, that's a lot of free steak and BJ's
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #2150
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Yup, people forget that Gabbert only started 2 years in college and was considered a bit of a developmental QB with really solid physical tools and potential.
development of a young qb? what is that. i learned on the mane that qbs dont get better. if they arent ready when they get here they never will be. maybe gabbart could play fb?

just wanted to say that you being patient with gabbert is a fresh perspective on young qbs.