The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #2101
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

@VicLombardi
Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM   #2102
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer
 
ChampBailey24's Avatar
 
SALUTE

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

MileHighReport ‏ @MileHighReport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
RT @VicLombardi: RT @MileHighMonday: Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #2103
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,841
Default

that's a insult to Tim Couch. he was highly talented but much like with David Carr he just beat up like a pinata that his confidence was shot and he had a ton of injuries to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Gabbert is Tim Couch 2.0.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #2104
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,841
Default

is it wrong that i just had a vision of 40+ TD's and AFC championship game berth when i read this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
MileHighReport ‏ @MileHighReport Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
RT @VicLombardi: RT @MileHighMonday: Why so confident... what changed?----Broncos were contacted by manning TONIGHT
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #2105
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer
 
ChampBailey24's Avatar
 
SALUTE

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043
Ok pay attention this is my most important tweet in the whole manning saga. Just spoke with a high placed broncos source. The broncos are trying to give manning his space. There have been NO conversations today. The 95% broncos story is "WAY off". Again there have been zero
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #2106
razorwire77
Champions of the World!!!
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
Greatest win/loss of all-time

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Seems to me like Vic's source was inside the Bronco (cough Elway, cough) organization and now they're saying you better walk this **** way back. The Manning contacted the organization thing was probably too much information, but also probably true.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 PM   #2107
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 4,679

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Gotsis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043
Ok pay attention this is my most important tweet in the whole manning saga. Just spoke with a high placed broncos source. The broncos are trying to give manning his space. There have been NO conversations today. The 95% broncos story is "WAY off". Again there have been zero
Keep in mind this is after they told Vic to STFU. They are in damage control now. They know they spilled too much and now need to keep a low profile. But it changes nothing, they are still the front runners.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:43 PM   #2108
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Good lord, this is pure speculation Jenga at this point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #2109
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

twitter and all of these 'sources' are a joke
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #2110
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,426
Default

Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #2111
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:01 AM   #2112
KevinJames
HE-MANuel Sanders
 
KevinJames's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
What Mort says doesn't make any sense. What does make sense is that Manning wants to put whatever team he picks in the best position to sign the FA's they need for him to be successful, and that means he would need to make his decision before the FA deadline.
Adam Schefter said what Mort said is right.

He said Manning is in no rush, and apparently neither are the Broncos.

I say the first FAs we go after is Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Jeff Saturday
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:02 AM   #2113
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,825
Default

i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #2114
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,825
Default

it just makes me think he's hoping for another team to jump in that perhaps he was hoping would be interested in his services all along...

Houston perhaps?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #2115
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
i don't think it's a good sign that PM doesn't plan on making up his mind soon...

he has visited with Denver already... if he was sold on us like some reported he is, then why wait to make the decision?...

to me waiting to let anyone know seems like a tactic to wait on another team(s) to jump into the fray...
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #2116
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
Houston perhaps?...
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #2117
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I just don't see how they can be in play with their cap situation. They're having a hard enough time trying to figure out a way to keep Mario Williams.
i'm not sure what the cap ramifications are if they decided to move Schaub...

but thats a team that needs no additions... so if PM and Houston can agree on a decent contract, i'm sure Houston can rework things to get his contract under the cap...

i'm just speculating anyway of course...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #2118
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer
 
Gcver2ver3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 6,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
exactly...

mike and mike don't think things completely through in their analysis (big shock)...

Denver isn't in a position to wait a long time... they have a lot of cap room and whether they sign PM or not will drive what direction the Broncos are going in free agency...

signing PM could mean leaving space for some of the Indy rejects...

once free agency starts, Denver can't afford to sit around waiting on PM... all of the top FAs will be gone quickly...

not to mention FAs decisions to join us or not is also impacted on them knowing whether or not PM is a Bronco or not...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #2119
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
but thats a team that needs no additions...
Very true. Other than figuring out the Schaub situatoin they can pretty much just plug Manning in and be done. I guess the risk they'd take here would be going from a possible "Super Bowl contender" with Schaub to just a "good team" if they get Manning and his arm never regains enough strength to play effectively. Different situations in Denver, Arizona and Miami where they really don't expect to compete at that level with their current QB's.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:23 AM   #2120
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 14,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans.
This makes me feel a lot better about persuing Manning. One of my concerns is that we would load up on old veterans to make a two-year run at the Super Bowl, then be left in the same boat as what the Colts or Vikings are in now. I like the fact that we are sticking to the same plan either way.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #2121
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 16,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Mort said its HIGHLY UNLIKELY Peyton signs before Wednesday.

Mort also said he wouldn't be surprised if Manning doesn't sign at all this week and could go past the deadline for Kolb's bonus. Manning doesn't want to be rushed he is "exhausted" and "he wants to relax and get back into his passing regime"

If this does drag into FA and past the Kolb deadline Mort said that it highly benefits the Broncos, because they already have their starting QB in place, and Manning or no Manning won't effect our FA plans. For that reason he believes Denver has the advantage especially if it drags on into April. All the other teams that want Manning need a QB and maybe they can't wait and they will try to go after another FA.

He said Denver doesn't care how long it takes for Manning to sign because they have Tebow in place as the starting QB as of right now. If Manning signs whenever it is they can move Tebow by trading him and he confirmed Jaguars would likely be interested.
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #2122
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 
Steve Sewell's Avatar
 
Patrick and Ty's pimp

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,764

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers
Default

Peyton waiting until Wednesday, much less the end of the week, does not compute.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #2123
Liebs
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
This better not ****ing happen, whether it benefits us or not. I'm having trouble sleeping right now. I can't get focused on anything. Last night my wife was wanting to get some and I tried but all I could think about was Peyton Manning wearing orange and blue. It was humiliating. And she was pissed. I hope this is over soon, because I can't keep going like this. And I know I'm not the only one either.
you lead a blessed life
Liebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #2124
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,388
Default

The Peyton Manning tour was fun while it lasted.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it’s over.

Appearing on SportsCenter Monday morning, Schefter stated repeatedly that Manning won’t be taking any more free agent visits. Schefter explained that Manning “does not want to make this into a Reggie White tour,” and is already familiar with the Dolphins’ facility because the Colts used it during their two Super Bowl appearances in Miami.

Schefter called the Broncos the “favorites,” while acknowledging that the Cardinals are still “in contention.” The Dolphins seem to have been pushed to the backburner, though, since the South Florida frenzy that left Manning wary of joining Stephen Ross and Jeff Ireland’s team.

The fact that Manning is also done with visits suggests other interested teams like the Titans are not being given serious consideration.

These things can change at any moment, but the Broncos and Cardinals are the clear-cut frontrunners to sign Manning at this point, with Denver possessing a slight edge.

A decision is tentatively expected by Wednesday.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ny-more-teams/
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #2125
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 7,245

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I agree. I understand what Mortensen and Schefter are saying, but I think there are as many negatives as positives for the Broncos. It hugely impacts how much $ they have to spend in FA and any possible plans they have to move Tebow. Not to mention it leaves the door open for other teams to get involved.
If PM waits until a week after FA period starts he is mucking things up for
all parties. Wherever he goes the teams have to know as soon as possible
due to the FA bidding process and what personnel they need to bring in to fill out the roster to match up with him. Him waiting to make a decision , or because of mental tiredness or emotional drain due to being released from Indy is a crock. He knows where he wants to go already.

Either he has his list narrowed down to one or two and its a toss up depending on money, or he is going all "Favre" and simply has no idea, and will end up screwing everyone on his short list. Az needs to get rid of Kolb and some O line. We need to bring in a TE and RB. Miami will need to restructure contracts also. Every team involved has to move players and contracts to accomodate him, and drawing it out screws every team that waits for his decision.

I said in aother thread that I thought he was "playing" Elway and co., and using us to dribve the price up for others. If he doesn't decide by Tuesday the chances of that being the case, are much higher.

Because we have a lot of cap room we are in a better position than others to withstand the screwing, but it will end up costing us as we'll have to overpay
for FAs that are left if he goes anywhere else After Tuesday.

If PM is coming here he will decide by Tuesday. After that Elway and co now have a problem with Tebow believing anything they ever tell him.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Denver Broncos