The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #2051
pokenation
Solid Starter
 
whatever.....

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southwest Wyomng
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
So why would it be logical to trade for a complete scrub?
dude, i just said ok....
i dont have to agree with your ideas......look it up, its in the geneva convention. ha ha

and im not going to sit here and argue the point. if you cant see that he needs a little help and would ,IMO, be helped by sitting behind manning then nothing im going to say will convince you other wise.

or....we can sign manning and trade tebow and be ****ed with no QB in three years, but whatever.
pokenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #2052
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
But PM wasn't smiling with Elway
That is so going to take off! Hey lets judge outcome by looking at one nanosecond of time. When the shutter closed. That is science!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #2053
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 12,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenation View Post
dude, i just said ok....
i dont have to agree with your ideas......look it up, its in the geneva convention. ha ha

and im not going to sit here and argue the point. if you cant see that he needs a little help and would ,IMO, be helped by sitting behind manning then nothing im going to say will convince you other wise.

or....we can sign manning and trade tebow and be ****ed with no QB in three years, but whatever.
Or we could sign Manning, trade Tebow and draft a QB to groom who might not be the complete panty waste that Gabbert is.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #2054
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 33,569

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I think he signs with Denver. Just a feeling I have is all.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #2055
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,940
Default

ATTENTION: The "second source" that was tweeted a bit ago by Vic Lombardi is BS. Read it. It's an article that sites ESPNs article, AKA the first source, which is based on a "gut feeling" from one NFL insider.

We've been Fox Newsed.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #2056
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Yes it is.
Says the guy who a couple of days ago said there was no way the Broncos were going to be involved for Peyton Manning, and was so certain was willing to bet a one year ban. And we're supposed to think your opinion carries any weight? GTFOOH. And nowhere did I endorse the trade, I just don't think the possibility of it is all that outlandish.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #2057
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 64,604

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

My dogs just came up to me and said, "**** Peyton Manning. Put some food in our bowls."

Dogs have no perspective.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #2058
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 19,233
Default

Ironic how the majority of nuthuggers wanted McDaniels gone, but cry a river over the QB he drafted in 1st round.....never did they think that if McDaniels were still here this whole Manning thing wouldn't even be happening....LoL.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #2059
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
That is so going to take off! Hey lets judge outcome by looking at one nanosecond of time. When the shutter closed. That is science!
I heard it on the mane so it must be true
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #2060
Ratboy
It's all over...
 
Ratboy's Avatar
 
ಠ_ಠ

Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 17,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Ironic how the majority of nuthuggers wanted McDaniels gone, but cry a river over the QB he drafted in 1st round.....never did they think that if McDaniels were still here this whole Manning thing wouldn't even be happening....LoL.
I got a pretzel in my head!
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #2061
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
OBF1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Posts: 16,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr Castro.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
It's not, and you're not the first to bring it up. Tebow for Gabbert and a mid round pick isn't crazy at all.
Crazy...maybe not, Suck Rocky mountain oysters, for sure.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2062
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Crazy...maybe not, Suck Rocky mountain oysters, for sure.
I don't have much of an opinion, I just think that if Elway wants Tebow out they might not do any better than this.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #2063
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 
OBF1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Posts: 16,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr Castro.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't have much of an opinion, I just think that if Elway wants Tebow out they might not do any better than this.
It would be better to just take the draft pick and let Jacksonville have the QB controversy and let them keep his salary on their books.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #2064
BroncoFox
Cheervixen
 
BroncoFox's Avatar
 
If I have fleas.. they are happy.

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 3,171
Default

People underestimate Manning, as well as how important it is to have a top of the line QB to win a SB. In Mannings twilight years, he is going to be very serious about getting another SB. Elway had his best years in his last years. Manning if he fully recovers from his injury, will still be a force, and in a pretty mediocre conference. We have a great chance of sweeping the West.

I'm pretty happy all in all. If we get him of course. =)
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #2065
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Gabbert would be terrible for the Broncos. If we fail with Manning, I'd target a veteran QB to be a stopgap while they develop a young QB in this year's draft.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #2066
Denver724
Ring of Famer
 
Denver724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
People underestimate Manning, as well as how important it is to have a top of the line QB to win a SB. In Mannings twilight years, he is going to be very serious about getting another SB. Elway had his best years in his last years. Manning if he fully recovers from his injury, will still be a force, and in a pretty mediocre conference. We have a great chance of sweeping the West.

I'm pretty happy all in all. If we get him of course. =)
Ditto. I hope it happens. Get a great QB and get rid of the circus.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #2067
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
It would be better to just take the draft pick and let Jacksonville have the QB controversy and let them keep his salary on their books.
How would that be better? Who cares about their books?

If Denver gets Manning they obviously can't afford to let their team live and die with him. They'd be in a good spot to do something like GB did grabbing Rodgers before Favre went all Favre. I want a young, talented backup. I'm not wild about Gabbert, but he's certainly young and talented.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #2068
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,325
Default

Manning, Weeden, and Weber
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #2069
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Ideally the young and talented guy would be Tebow, but I just don't see how that's going to be possible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #2070
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I'm not wild about Gabbert, but he's certainly young and talented.
Yup, people forget that Gabbert only started 2 years in college and was considered a bit of a developmental QB with really solid physical tools and potential.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #2071
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Gabbert has a great arm and very good mobility. His size is good as well. He's almost a prototype of what you'd want in your QB from the physical-talent standpoint. All of his problems fall under the 'accuracy and decision making' umbrella.

This whole thing of trading Tebow, if it happens, will make me very, very annoyed and unhappy. If it has to happen, though, I just hope they get a stud prospect for when Manning dies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #2072
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
All of his problems fall under the 'accuracy and decision making' umbrella.
so like Tebow, then.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #2073
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer
 
ChampBailey24's Avatar
 
SALUTE

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,657

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...roncos-sources
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #2074
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 11,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I don't think anyone can suck more than Clausen that guy gives new meaning to suck
But he played in a pro system in college and was pro ready. And his mechancs are solid. How could this be?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #2075
pokenation
Solid Starter
 
whatever.....

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southwest Wyomng
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Or we could sign Manning, trade Tebow and draft a QB to groom who might not be the complete panty waste that Gabbert is.
yeah, cause we are going to be in a great spot to get a high caliber QB.
pokenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Denver Broncos