The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #1851
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
One tough selling point to Manning is that somehow the coaching staff, Fox to be exact, who is a conservative-minded coach, is going to open up the offense a bit.

Fox is conservative to a fault, but rumor has it that they've told Peyton he would have a huge amount of input into the offense. Whether that is true remains to be seen, but i think that if Fox would listen to Tebow's input, he'd also be receptive to Manning's

This idea that somehow Tebow will play at all with Manning at QB is fantasy.

Well, he did go many seasons without missing a game, and quite frankly, there's no need for a "gimmick" or "wildcat" offense when you've got a QB like Manning running your offense.

Manning will not sign a contract with the Broncos to come out of the game in short yardage situations and I don't see Tebow, after being told he was the starter going into camp and after feeling he had the job going into camp last season, willing to move to a different position. Not for the Broncos at least. Why would he? It is obvious the team does not have confidence in him, so why would he want to stay? Why would anyone want to stay in an organization that doesn't believe in you, and worse, after they tell you they do, but that was obviously not true?

Well, in fairness to them, they told him that when Manning was still a Colt and whether or not he'd be available was still up in the air. But now Tebow knows how Jake Plummer felt. Helps to lead us to AFCCG appearance, and his reward was the Broncos drafting his replacement.

Oh, they had a chance to get Manning, but if they don't, they can now tell him they believe in him again? Until another QB they like better becomes available?

Pursuing Manning doesn't necessarily mean they don't "believe" in Tebow as much as it means they believe more in Manning. And every player is facing the "until someone we like better" comes along.....it is a business afterall...and performance based one at that.

Why should Tebow believe a thing they tell him now? I don't see a scenario other than trading Tebow now. Once trust is gone, that is rarely fixed.

Well, that's his decision to make...he has several options like holding out, demanding a trade or retiring and pursuing his higher calling. The problem is that he has little leverage as his passing skills are lacking, and the best trade scenario (Jacksonville) has said "thanks, but no thanks...."
in bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #1852
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

3:53 p.m. (MT) Fox Sports‘ Jay Glazer is reporting that Manning is scheduled to fly to Arizona and visit with the Cardinals this evening.

I feel like they have been saying this all day, but every time they give a deadline for him to leave he stays longer.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #1853
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
And if it boils down to his "belief" that only shows how bad he is at his job.

...or how bad Tebow was at his job. For all the hype and "all he does is win" chatter, he still is very much a below average (if that) passer. Hopefully he'll get better, but a Peyton Manning usually only comes around once in your lifetime

It isn't about what you believe. It's about the results on the field.

OK, what kind of results does Manning produce when he plays?

And we won with Tebow. That should be enough to buy him time to develop and grow. But I'm beginning to think it's not really about "winning" so much as "winning his way", when it comes to Elway. And "his way" is going to wreck this franchise if you ask me...

And we won with Griese and Frerotte and we won with Jake...and guess what, they too were replaced...by players the coaching staff felt were better, upgrades, etc. If we sign Manning this franchise will be ahead of the game at the game's most important position.....sure we still need to upgrade other positions, but when you don't have to worry about the most important one, it makes it alot easier.

in bold
Old 03-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #1854
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We are in the same class as Arizona. This has become readily apparent in recent years.
Well Arizona came within a last minute drive of winning the SB with a older, oft injured QB (Warner) after he replaced the QBOTF (Leinart).....so yeah, I'll take that.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #1855
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Then he can go through the paces at the Broncos facilities. For $20M/yr he owes it to them. If our FO clowns don't insist upon a work out then I want to be the guy to sell those dip****s a car, or a bridge, or a house.
Has the FO said he doesn't have to work out for them? If the answer is "no", or "i don't know" then perhaps you should wait and see if that is the case before you call anyone a dip****.

I doubt very seriously they don't ask him to take a physical, and i doubt they don't want to see if he's as close to 100% as possible....just like pursuing him upon his release, it's called due dilligence.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #1856
JPPT1974
Peyton's 506 TD!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning!

Every team is after Peyton. But not if Broncos fans have their way with Tebow.
JPPT1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #1857
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Vic Lombardi (@VicLombardi)
3/10/12 4:15 PM
Good news and bad news. Golf game is surprisingly serviceable. Manning leaving Denver within the hour w/o a deal. Headed to AZ
Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1858
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
Every team is after Peyton. But not if Broncos fans have their way with Tebow.
huh wat?

Basically it's down to 3 or maybe 4 teams (including Denver). And the last poll I saw showed that 65 or 70 percent of Bronco fans were in favor of making a move to get Manning.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #1859
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
So He can throw short! Woop de do!!!

This is from today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...still-far-off/

But pleas...keep telling us he looks like his old self
If we sign Peyton we have to assume the risk. Simple as that...

He threw the ball farther than 10-20 yards clown...and he had good zip on the ball. Your statement leads me to believe you've either not watched the video, or well, i guess you're just ****ing blind.

And i didn't say he looked like his old self...Chris Mortensen said eyewitnesses at the workout said he looked like his old self

Sure, they could be lying, but I doubt they would lie because they (witnesses) have nothing to gain by lying.

And again EVERY PLAYER in the NFL is one good hit away from a wheelchair.....so there's a risk regardless of who you sign. but a higher reward makes such a risk worth it in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #1860
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

4:26 p.m. (MT): Klis is reporting that the Broncos’ two days with Manning were very productive and the team is hopeful and encouraged after meeting with him.

4:23 p.m. (MT) BT has learned that the Broncos are confident that Manning will sign with the team. It has not been confirmed but we assume that the team has offered him a contract.

http://broncotalk.net/2012/03/31174/...nning-tracker/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #1861
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I don't think anyone is arguing that Manning isn't better than Tebow.

You must have missed alot of posts by alot of the nuthuggers, or have alot of them on ignore. We've got clowns in here saying Tebow's better than Aaron Rodgers....for reals

For me, the argument is, is Manning a better option.

Not sure how a better QB isn't a better option, but if you wanna stick to that, ok....

Signing Manning is going for broke, period. You're signing splashy FA's to big contracts, just to build as fast as you can. Maybe even trading draft picks for other team's backups or disgruntled starters.

so would you have a problem if we traded a draft pick for another team's players if Tebow was our QB? And if you wouldn't, then why would it bother you if we did likewise for Manning?

And then, assuming Manning plays 3 years, you better be able to look back and have something to show for it. Not, well, it was so exciting. Not, he sure threw for a lot of yards. Not, well we lost, but we sure lost pretty, didn't we? This move is to bring home the Lombardi(s). Anything less than a SB win makes this move an abject failure.

Regardless of whether we sign Manning or not, the goal of this team is to win a SB. so by the same token, how many years of "well, hopefully Tebow will get better" are you willing to go thru? If the answer is one, then maybe you'd have a point...but if the answer is 3, what difference does it make if we go the next 3 seasons without a title? Whether we go 0-3 with or without Manning, we're still 0-3 correct? Champ Bailey isn't getting any younger, and neither is Dawkins (who amazingly half the nuthuggers want back despite being two years older with a neck injury himself), or McGahee....i mean by the time Tebow finally does improve enough (if at all) we'd have to start all over anyways by replacing the older vets like them. I'd rather go down swinging with a very good at worst, elite at best QB....than watch great veterans like Bailey and Dawkins suffer through Tebow's growing pains

And I'm not saying Tebow would win a SB in that time, but at least we wouldn't be mortgaging the teams future either. If Tim doesn't show improvement, or the team just stops winning with him, then yeah, you're moving on, without aging FA vets taking up cap space because you thought they would fast track you to the SB.

Well if Tebow won't win a SB in that same 3 year window, then why risk having him as our QB either? and wouldn't that make having him as our QB an abject failure as well?and then what, we move on with no replacement...because if Manning isn't good enough at 36, then I doubt you'd want him at 39, correct? Manning is a free agent right now....this season.

We should do whatever we can to upgrade any position. You act as if we shouldn't gamble on Ed Reed (who has had injuries himself) if he were available because Carter showed some promise.

in bold
Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #1862
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Here you go BOBO

Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
As for Chiefs. There is no scheduled visit. Chiefs will try to get a meeting after AZ, but all signs point to low interest now from PM camp
Old 03-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #1863
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I really don't understand the argument though that a selling point the Broncos have is playing in a weak division and signing with Miami would be bad for him because they have tougher teams in their division.

Which do you think is easier division to win, AFCW or AFCE? Facing Brady twice a year is tough regardless if you're a 30 year old Manning or 36 year old Manning. Add in the always dangerous Jets, and the Dolphins and Bills are not cakewalks either....vs. playing against the enigmatic Chargers, the undisciplined Raiders, and the who the **** knows Chiefs? Winning the division is always better than being a wild card team as you're guaranteed a home playoff game....which while no guarantee you'll win that game, makes it a little easier to advance in playoffs.

So we want to spend money on Manning who would really consider such a thing in his decision? Oh no, their division is too hard. And here I was told Tebow should be happy to compete for his job with Manning and be a pro, yet here is a veteran QB who would be scared to compete in a tougher division. Makes so much sense.

It's not that he's "scared" to compete in a tougher division, but why swim off the island to the mainland, when you can just drive over the bridge? Why not just shoot for the wild card spot instead of winning division at all then? Isn't it generally easier to advance in playoffs as division winner vs on the road as a WC? I think if he signs with Denver it will be because he thinks he can win in Denver, that he thinks we have great fans (outside of the nuthuggers of course), and that it's a great place to play in the twilight of his career.

in bold
Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM   #1864
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well that assumes we sign all those "Colts scraps" and do nothing else.

As far as Peyton vs. Tom, if Manning didn't have the Brady/Belichick to contend with his career numbers would be even more impressive. The Pats have just generally been a better all around team, and Brady was sometimes the better QB. No shame in that.
I know right? these clowns act like Elway losing to Montana or Staubach losing to Bradshaw, or Kosar losing to Elway is some kind of embarrassment and shameful thing....I mean it's not like being a two time SB winning QB losing to a virtual rookie that hardly completes half his passes, right?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #1865
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And yet you fail to see why transplanting Manning to Denver will utterly fail to result in anything meaningful. Amazing...
Fail? In what respect? Perhaps we don't win a SB with Manning...but I bet we get alot closer to one than we will if your hero doesn't improve his passing skills.

Fact is you have no clue how we'll do with Manning anymore than I know how we'd fare with Tebow. bottom line is if this void of talent team is that bad, then why are you so resistant to upgrading a very important position on the team?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1866
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Well, we went from the worst team in football to the first Division title and playoff victory in 6 years. Did you miss that?
and the colts went from perennial SB contender to worst team in NFL without Manning playing QB for them...or did you miss that?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #1867
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Strangely some that like to label Tebow as "crap" and the "worst" think they should keep him around for some reason. More making sense around here.
Very few have used the word crap or worse when describing Tebow except maybe in the context of his passing skills. He is a huge unknown right now...excellent runner, and very good leader, but the knock is alot of people have no idea if he can improve enough as a passer.

If this team could sign Ed Reed right now, even with his bad neck, would you do it? Or would you hope that Moore or Carter will improve enough that they'll be a notch below Ed?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #1868
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

its way too quiet right now. He was supposed to leave within the hour. so at 5 o' clock. we should have heard about him leaving or something. this is too quiet for there to be nothing happening.

Last edited by ChampBailey24; 03-10-2012 at 04:33 PM..
Old 03-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #1869
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And some people don't understand the difference between wins and losses, apparently.
Well, some on here (you nuthuggers know who you are) don't understand the goal of every NFL franchise.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #1870
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And then beat the #1 defense in football once they got there. Try watching games.
The #1 defense that was without it's leading tackler in Clark, and lost two of it's starting DL in the first qtr of the game...remind me...when exactly did Tebow start throwing for alot of his yards? Before or after the other guys lost those two main cogs?
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #1871
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Well, some on here (you nuthuggers know who you are) don't understand the goal of every NFL franchise.
I understand it very well. I watched the FA chase with Shanny. It got us debt and disappointment. We finally clean up our cap, put some pieces in place to build upon and we're going to jeopardize this progress and the future by gambling on a 36 yr old with a bad neck.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #1872
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The #1 defense that was without it's leading tackler in Clark, and lost two of it's starting DL in the first qtr of the game...remind me...when exactly did Tebow start throwing for alot of his yards? Before or after the other guys lost those two main cogs?
Do you want to **** on every Broncos playoff win or just the ones Tenow plays in? I guarantee you John caught his fair share of breaks during his career. *****. Did Tebow kick your dog or something?
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1873
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
They played cover zero to stop the run. Which is the bind Tebow puts people in. Guess what, teams will drop into coverage next year against manning because our whiffmeister can't block and manning can't move and without the threat of a mobile QB on the boot the backside is going to destroy our running game. FFS you are new to football aren't you.

Wouldn't dropping more into coverage open up the running game? And if that's the way to beat Manning, why is so hard to do despite knowing this? He's led his team to an average of what? 11 wins per season for over a decade now? If they haven't stopped him by now, i doubt they will again.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #1874
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
its way too quiet right now. He was supposed to leave within the hour. so at 5 o' clock. we should have heard about him leaving or something. this is too quiet for there to be nothing happening.
Where's Apa with the airport reports?!?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #1875
TheDave
Sauced...

Nearly 50 pages of spite and vitriol... Subscribing!!!
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote