The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #1801
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Hey guys let me jump in here and end all the arguing for you:

Is Peyton Manning better than Tim Tebow?

If yes, sign Peyton Manning. If no, do not sign Peyton Manning.

The rest of this "well in 2016 Tebow might be a GOD and I would rather win a super bowl in 2016 than 2013 because I like the number six" stuff is fantasy, and a fantasy that is counter to how the NFL works.

k see y'all later
The problem is it is going to cost $20m/yr to find out. And he's a 36 yr old coming off of multiple neck surgeries, one of which he tried to keep from his own team.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM   #1802
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
That seems off-cuff and unsourced. I'm not sure Burger Bill has a better inside source than the many other reporters following this. When Manning is reported to actually leave Denver, I think the visit will be "complete."
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #1803
Drunken.Broncoholic

Given Mannings articulate personality on researching unless he plans a flight to KC I don't see him going there.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #1804
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
That seems off-cuff and unsourced. I'm not sure Burger Bill has a better inside source than the many other reporters following this. When Manning is reported to actually leave Denver, I think the visit will be "complete."
3pm flight back to miami per ESPN
Old 03-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #1805
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

2:47 PM Michelle Beisner: Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen, along with John Elway, and Brian Xanders all in the building here at Dove Valley. Lots for them to discuss!!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:53 PM   #1806
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"12:43 p.m. (MT) Affirming ESPN‘s report, Bienvenu ‏says that Manning’s visit in Denver is done. There is a private jet flying back to Miami at 3:00 p.m., per Bienvenu."
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1807
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

definitely, this is going to be a very interesting off-season no matter how it plays out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudofool View Post
2:47 PM Michelle Beisner: Broncos team owner Pat Bowlen, along with John Elway, and Brian Xanders all in the building here at Dove Valley. Lots for them to discuss!!
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #1808
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

12:55 p.m. (MT): Bienvenu reports: “Again I don’t think Manning would sign without exploring all options. Cardinals, Dolphins. Now private jet listed to Phoenix at 7:00.”

I would be pissed right now if Manning doesn't chose us. I think we have reached a point of no return. If Manning doesn't sign it's going to be an awkward situation with Tebow. RG3 is no longer available so those thinking we would push for the 2nd pick can cross that option out. Flynn (Don't think highly of him as some of you do) will go to either SEA, MIA or CLE (since they blew the chance to land the #2 pick). If Flynn comes here we would have to run the WC offence because that's the only system he has been...and what actually makes valuable to the other teams. Weeden? Please.... And Tannehil (or however you spell his name)...Will probably go to whoever loses on Flynn. Maybe us too. Who knows....

If Manning used us as a spring board to get Ross or Arizona to pony up...I'll go livid. Yes I like Tebow...but I think the damage is done. Whatever happens... I just see Tebow getting traded on draft day. Hope I am wrong.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #1809
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
12:55 p.m. (MT): Bienvenu reports: “Again I don’t think Manning would sign without exploring all options. Cardinals, Dolphins. Now private jet listed to Phoenix at 7:00.”

I would be pissed right now if Manning doesn't chose us. I think we have reached a point of no return. If Manning doesn't sign it's going to be an awkward situation with Tebow. RG3 is no longer available so those thinking we would push for the 2nd pick can cross that option out. Flynn (Don't think highly of him as some of you do) will go to either SEA, MIA or CLE (since they blew the chance to land the #2 pick). If Flynn comes here we would have to run the WC offence because that's the only system he has been...and what actually makes valuable to the other teams. Weeden? Please.... And Tannehil (or however you spell his name)...Will probably go to whoever loses on Flynn. Maybe us too. Who knows....

If Manning used us as a spring board to get Ross or Arizona to pony up...I'll go livid. Yes I like Tebow...but I think the damage is done. Whatever happens... I just see Tebow getting traded on draft day. Hope I am wrong.
We don't get manning somebody's head needs to roll. Maybe that's why they keep Xander's around.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #1810
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

QB drama..QB drama...me head wants to explode...
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #1811
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

It makes sense for Manning to do his due diligence. He might also have obligated himself to visit even if he has already decided to sign with us.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1812
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Given Mannings articulate personality on researching unless he plans a flight to KC I don't see him going there.
Yeah, never mind the fact that the Chiefs are more talented than the Broncos...more playmakers on offense, better defense by FAR...yeah, Manning won't see that at all.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #1813
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

Prepare to go livid.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #1814
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
Very reliable source has just told me that Peyton Manning is at Broncos Headquarters at Dove Valley right now.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #1815
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I gave Denver a 10 percent chance of signing Manning before this trip. Now I'd say it's a coin-flip (50 percent). I don't think he's going to wind up in KC or Arizona. Obviously Washington and N.Y. have been eliminated.

It comes down to Denver vs. Miami. Denver's real advantage here is Manning's relationship with both Elway and Fox, and the fact that the AFC West top to bottom is a much easier path to the playoffs than the AFC East. Also, those that are touting the weather issue, keep in mind conference road games as well. Sure Manning gets to play in Miami, but Florida in late August is pure hell and later in the season he would have roadies @ Buffalo, @ N.Y. and @ N.E.

Honestly, I like Denver's chances. Whether they sign him or not, the trajectory of the franchise has been altered pretty drastically over the past 48 hours.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #1816
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Yeah, never mind the fact that the Chiefs are more talented than the Broncos...more playmakers on offense, better defense by FAR...yeah, Manning won't see that at all.
Shut up Bobo....He would never chose Teddy Bear Crennel over Fox and Elway.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #1817
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I think the Mullets scare him
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #1818
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
Very reliable source has just told me that Peyton Manning is at Broncos Headquarters at Dove Valley right now.
Sorry but Spanos sources suck most of the time. Wasn't it confirmed that he had a 3pm flight to MIA?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #1819
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Sorry but Spanos sources suck most of the time. Wasn't it confirmed that he had a 3pm flight to MIA?
it was changed to 7pm flight to Arizona last i heard
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #1820
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
I can confirm, Peyton Manning is still in Denver. He's sort of a big deal around here.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #1821
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
it was changed to 7pm flight to Arizona last i heard
Ok....I thought he was heading to MIA latter to go to ARI at 7pm. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #1822
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Shut up Bobo....He would never chose Teddy Bear Crennel over Fox and Elway.
Yes, why go to a place where the head coach has five Super Bowl rings, vs a place where the GM is a n00b and the head coach has never won a Super Bowl, and coaches a team lacking talent.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #1823
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Ok....I thought he was heading to MIA latter to go to ARI at 7pm. Thanks for clearing that up!
i could be wrong. but thats what im seeing on everything that im looking at. but no worries!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #1824
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

To think Manning would even consider the Chiefs is a joke. Wherever Manning goes, he wants a shot at a title, like today, and the Chiefs haven't been in a Super Bowl in 40+ years and have a crap OL.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #1825
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
To think Manning would even consider the Chiefs is a joke. Wherever Manning goes, he wants a shot at a title, like today, and the Chiefs haven't been in a Super Bowl in 40+ years and have a crap OL.