The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #1676
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoffs over the next 3 years.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #1677
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoff over the next 3 years.
This does not make situation look any better. In fact, it shines a whole new level of ****-colored light on it.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #1678
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And nowhere am I saying Elway is wrong to go after Manning.
Well I am. Because he is.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #1679
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
And can anyone really argue against that?
I can. I think there would be something to that take if we just rolled out the carpet for Matt Flynn or Rex Grossman, but this is Peyton Manning. A sure fire Hall of Famer, one of the best ever, who may still have something left in the tank. It's a very unique situation.

I'm sure Tebow is bummed about it, but if Manning goes elsewhere I don't think we've burned the Tebow bridge at all.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #1680
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
People are missing the point. This isn't about what Elway thinks about Tebow's potential or what he is like as person, this is about Bowlen wanting to win the Superbowl NOW. It appears that Bowlen is ready to retire from/sell this team but before he goes he wants to hold that trophy one more time and he directing EFX to make that happen ASAP. That why they are pursing Manning and will do what every we need to go deep in the playoffs over the next 3 years.
Pat won't remember any of this **** come Monday anyway.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #1681
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I can. I think there would be something to that take if we just rolled out the carpet for Matt Flynn or Rex Grossman, but this is Peyton Manning. A sure fire Hall of Famer, one of the best ever, who may still have something left in the tank. It's a very unique situation.

I'm sure Tebow is bummed about it, but if Manning goes elsewhere I don't think we've burned the Tebow bridge at all.
I agree. This is not a Cutler situation. Tebow is not going to throw a fit (at least not publicly) and have his daddy turn in the playbook. I'm sure he'll be pissed, but he will be a professional about it and move on. Plus, he has no leverage to demand a trade like Cutler did. There is little demand for his services and he has three years (I think) left on his contract.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #1682
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
the arm strength thing is apparently because of nerve problems that result from the neck issues. the bones apparently pinch the nerve. it uniformly gets better with time, but there's no way to know where manning is at without seeing him throw the ball
Google Peyton Manning at Duke....video of him throwing is available. Witnesses told Mortensen that he looked as good as he ever had.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #1683
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Google Peyton Manning at Duke....video of him throwing is available. Witnesses told Mortensen that he looked as good as he ever had.
The video is only marginally better than the Bigfoot tape. If Peyton wants the cash he's after he owes it to the club to do a workout.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #1684
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Nor this year.
You don't know that...but did it ever occur to you that with Manning on the team we might not have been the AFC's 6th seed, which meant our path to SB would have us playing different teams, and while that doesn't mean we don't play NE, doesn't mean we do either, correct....at least not unless both teams made it to conference title bout.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #1685
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
You don't know that...but did it ever occur to you that with Manning on the team we might not have been the AFC's 6th seed, which meant our path to SB would have us playing different teams, and while that doesn't mean we don't play NE, doesn't mean we do either, correct....at least not unless both teams made it to conference title bout.
Did it ever occur to you that if Tebow has started the entire season, we would have won a couple of more games anyway, and we might not have been the 6th seed? You can't make that argument one sided, sorry.

EDIT: we weren't a 6 seed, we were division winners, making us a 4 seed.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #1686
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.

Peyton did some stem cell **** so we're golden. It's science.
I doubt Peyton could hang 6 times the points on Pats....but it definitely would have been alot more than 10....and our defense wouldn't have had two offenses playing against them.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #1687
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
It's like saying the best indy car racer would have more success at a tractor pull than the 25th best tractor driver while pulling with an Indy car.
No, it's not really like saying that even a little bit. Dumb.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #1688
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I doubt Peyton could hang 6 times the points on Pats....but it definitely would have been alot more than 10....and our defense wouldn't have had two offenses playing against them.
considering how bad a defense NE had this past yr,peyton might have put up more.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #1689
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Hey Teboners. The Colts West would hang 60 easy on the Pats in the playoffs.
Come down off the ledge and start using some rational thinking skills. Give it a try. Nobody's saying we would've beat the Pats last year with Manning. But this year with Manning and the other improvements we make, if indeed this ends up happening, maybe we will.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 AM   #1690
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

And so the Broncos would only do this for a Manning type of QB? Manning signs and Tebow is expected to believe that in a couple years or so, he is the starter now after already believing at least once if not twice he had the job? The bottom line is if the Broncos don't believe Tebow will develop into a QB, then there is no point of him being on the roster. Trade him and move on already.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #1691
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Tebow will not demand a trade. He is the type of guy who just will not re-sign with denver.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1692
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
The video is only marginally better than the Bigfoot tape. If Peyton wants the cash he's after he owes it to the club to do a workout.
While video is grainey, you can still clearly see Manning throwing ball very well, with pretty good velocity and his typical accuracy....not mention EYEWITNESSES like his former OC said he looked like he always had.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #1693
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Tebow will not demand a trade. He is the type of guy who just will not re-sign with denver.
True, it is doubtful he would demand a trade, but maybe the Broncos would just keep him around for ticket sales so people could catch a glimpse of Tebow standing on the sideline or whatever.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1694
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
You know where our defense is? I put out a missing persons report after they didn't show up for the Pats game.

The defensive performance in that game can most charitably be called impedimentry. They were about as effective at stopping the pats as the speed bump their team bus rolled over coming into the stadium. Our D was flat weak that game. Weak. Sauce. And our OL was offensive for all the wrong reasons. Whiffmeisters.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #1695
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
While video is grainey, you can still clearly see Manning throwing ball very well, with pretty good velocity and his typical accuracy....not mention EYEWITNESSES like his former OC said he looked like he always had.
Then he can go through the paces at the Broncos facilities. For $20M/yr he owes it to them. If our FO clowns don't insist upon a work out then I want to be the guy to sell those dip****s a car, or a bridge, or a house.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #1696
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
There you have it. I heard his parents said good things too.

I didn't see the video, and maybe he looked good throwing in a controlled environment without guys breathing down his neck, and without getting his bell rung on a hard sack or whatever. Maybe we can petition the league to ban all types of tackles and pressure on Manning, so this way all this worrying about his neck will be moot.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #1697
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
There you have it. I heard his parents said good things too.

I didn't see the video, and maybe he looked good throwing in a controlled environment without guys breathing down his neck, and without getting his bell rung on a hard sack or whatever. Maybe we can petition the league to ban all types of tackles and pressure on Manning, so this way all this worrying about his neck will be moot.
To be fair the league doesn't really allow people to hit QBs any more so you've been beat to the punch there. Unless you're Tebow then the league sits on their flags because they are douches.

No doubt, I would put a bounty on Peyton if I were the Saints though.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #1698
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
Did it ever occur to you that if Tebow has started the entire season, we would have won a couple of more games anyway, and we might not have been the 6th seed? You can't make that argument one sided, sorry.

EDIT: we weren't a 6 seed, we were division winners, making us a 4 seed.
I agree, had Tebow started the whole year we might not have 1-4.....and I stand corrected on the seeding, but my point is still valid in that with Manning as our QB, our chances of success is greater. Like Papa Johns says "better ingredients, better pizza"
Old 03-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #1699
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So He can throw short! Woop de do!!!

This is from today:

Quote:
Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, citing three unnamed sources, reports that, while Peyton’s arm strength is improving, a full recovery is “still far off.”

“So far, so good,” a source with one of the teams interested in Manning told Cole. “The question is still where is it going to stop, but the progress over the past month has been steady and that’s what you’re looking for.”

Fine, but the “where is it going to stop” line should be causing some concern, shouldn’t it?

“Some of this stuff is in the eye of the beholder,” another source told Cole. “I don’t think there’s anything there that would discourage you from going forward, but you’d have to consider the risk.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...still-far-off/

But pleas...keep telling us he looks like his old self
If we sign Peyton we have to assume the risk. Simple as that...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #1700
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
So He can throw short! Woop de do!!!

This is from today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...still-far-off/

But pleas...keep telling us he looks like his old self
If we sign Peyton we have to assume the risk. Simple as that...
At some point, in the very near future, Peyton hits the point of diminishing returns; trading recovery from these surgeries for recovery required by a 36, 37, and 38 year old body in the NFL. So his arm strength isn't 100% this year and he's throwing whiffle balls causing self doubt and hesitation. Oh well, maybe next year...when he's 37. Then he misses 2-3 games due to other injuries and now we're on to year three and a 38 year old QB, the same age John was when he hung'em up and what did John say? "My body can't take it anymore."

We are flirting with disaster but our FO clowns have, once again, stepped on their ***** handling another QB situation. I swear, these idiots could **** up a wet dream.