The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #951
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
I didn't realize this team was only a questionably healthy, 35 year old Peyton Manning away from a dynasty. If we sign him, when can we start making parade plans?
yeah, cause that's what everyone is saying.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #952
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The more I think of it, the less and less it becomes Manning signs with the Broncos. They have little established on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that still ranked in the lower 3rd of the NFL. The only way Manning signs with the Broncos is if he is deemed damaged goods by the other teams and the Broncos are the only ones left who would take a chance. I wouldn't get my Super Bowl hopes up if that was the case.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #953
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Here...more speculation for you all.

Quote:
While Peyton Manning is reportedly not interested in going to the Washington Redskins, there is another team with a realistic shot at landing the superstar QB — the Arizona Cardinals, according to Adam Schein of FOX Sports.

Sources tell Schein that Manning has “put out feelers about the Cardinals,” and is “very intrigued by playing with Larry Fitzgerald and bringing [Reggie] Wayne along as his wingman.” Manning reportedly likes Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt and has reached out to learn more about him.

If the Cards are able to sign Manning, they are expected to unload Kevin Kolb and retain John Skelton as the backup behind Manning.

Key words in bold
What? Arizona over this talent-laden roster? Fitzgerald would be lucky to be our #3 receiver. Clearly, word hasn't gotten to Manning yet that he'll win 3 straight Super Bowls with this team.
winstoncup bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #954
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
yeah, cause that's what everyone is saying.
Well, if he's not going to take Denver to a Super Bowl in 3 years, remind me why he should be signed again?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #955
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Lol how is going from being rumored to be talking to the Rams about the number two pick for RGIII, then one of the top 3 teams in the running for Manning NOT about Tebow!?!?! We spent a crap ton of time scouting QBs and talking to them. I guess that is just hearsay as well.
We did...until Tebow played us out of position of drafting either of them. Keep hating buddy. If we are trading to the top of the draft we are going for #1. If we have to mortgage the farm that's the only logical choice.
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #956
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Orton sucked ass by Tim outplaying him he just sucked a little less
Then why did Orton look every good when he played under McD and with the Cheifs?

Quote:
and if your saying Tebow made everything so much better why did he lead the NFL in 3 and outs?
Because this is part of the ball control offense. The Broncos would not let Tebow pass or risk turnover until the opposing team scored. This made things 10 times harder for Tebow.. He could only run when they knew he was going to run and only pass when they knew he had to pass... Tebow didn't even have Lloyd like Orton did.. and he still won basically coaching himself when he had to win those games and bail the defense out. Even after carrying them the whole game..

While Tebow did have a lot of three and outs because the offense was so predictable under Fox.. art times the run game dominated which allowed them to dominate the time of possession protecting the defense. It looked like the D was carrying the O but it was really the other way around. McGahee was good but he could only show that because of Tebow. Tebow is also incredibly durable which allowed him to pass deep even taking hits that would have crushed guys like Manning... this also opened the run game so much...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #957
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Well, if he's not going to take Denver to a Super Bowl in 3 years, remind me why he should be signed again?
Because he gives you a better shot over the next 3 years than a the guy that currently holds the position. Keep up, Skippy.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #958
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
What? Arizona over this talent-laden roster? Fitzgerald would be lucky to be our #3 receiver. Clearly, word hasn't gotten to Manning yet that he'll win 3 straight Super Bowls with this team.
I don't know why AZ wouldn't be his first choice. I guess the NFC does have better teams right now though.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #959
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The more I think of it, the less and less it becomes Manning signs with the Broncos. They have little established on the offensive side of the ball and a defense that still ranked in the lower 3rd of the NFL. The only way Manning signs with the Broncos is if he is deemed damaged goods by the other teams and the Broncos are the only ones left who would take a chance. I wouldn't get my Super Bowl hopes up if that was the case.
I think this is what the Broncos were banking on.. it's a shame... I really think the excuse of signing Manning would have been best for both parties.. just horrible for the Broncos fans.

They would have to deal with the mess left over when they see how bad the team really is. Then Peyton retires and the Broncos have to rebuild all over again..
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #960
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Because he gives you a better shot over the next 3 years than a the guy that currently holds the position. Keep up, Skippy.
Cool, so we'll roll the dice for a guy who gives us a "better shot".

Makes sense to me. Bank the next 3 years on that neck of his and hope for a better shot. We'll worry about everything else some other time.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #961
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

If we sign Peyton will MacGruder go away??
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:38 PM   #962
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I bet 90% of the posters that joined in 2011 would stop posting.
....one could hope.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #963
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
I think this is what the Broncos were banking on.. it's a shame... I really think the excuse of signing Manning would have been best for both parties.. just horrible for the Broncos fans.

They would have to deal with the mess left over when they see how bad the team really is. Then Peyton retires and the Broncos have to rebuild all over again..
You're so odd, bro.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #964
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Manning at 35 and coming off neck injuries is going to want to go to a team that can contend now, not in a couple years. Somehow the Broncos can build this great team in free agency and the draft this offseason, but can't if Tebow is the QB. Whatever.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #965
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

You lookin at me?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual

Quote:
I don't know why AZ wouldn't be his first choice. I guess the NFC does have better teams right now though.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #966
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Playing with Fitz, and not worrying about weather, for starters....
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #967
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
We did...until Tebow played us out of position of drafting either of them. Keep hating buddy. If we are trading to the top of the draft we are going for #1. If we have to mortgage the farm that's the only logical choice.
Yeah that is why John Elway and Xanders went to watch the OU/Baylor game right after Denver 4th win in 5 games.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...or-game/10747/
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #968
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Yes.. it was a regular Algonquin Roundtable before...
The funny thing is that while some may miss Tebow, I doubt any one will miss you.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #969
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Manning at 35 and coming off neck injuries is going to want to go to a team that can contend now, not in a couple years. Somehow the Broncos can build this great team in free agency and the draft this offseason, but can't if Tebow is the QB. Whatever.
Manning would draw people here. No?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #970
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Manning would draw people here. No?
So he drew all that great talent to the Colts to be able to win even without him last season? Doesn't look like it.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #971
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah that is why John Elway and Xanders went to watch the OU/Baylor game right after Denver 4th win in 5 games.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...or-game/10747/
You are too dumb for school....

Yeah...we were 5-5 at that time...still bottom pickers. What was the story once we captured the west lead...and even better playoff win We are out of trading range. Sorry...that's just the way it is. Keep living in denial.
Heyneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #972
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss I. View Post
Wut

Brees, Rodgers, and Manning laugh at that.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #973
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
So he drew all that great talent to the Colts to be able to win even without him last season? Doesn't look like it.
Well to be fair, they didn't have Willis McGahee or Eric Decker either.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #974
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

You lookin at me?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dom Casual

Based on the genius speculation on the internets, Arizona seems like a more likely scenario than Denver.

Arizona: has Larry Fitzgerald and a stronger offense (other than QB), a dome, better weather, a weaker division to win and coach Peyton seems to approve of.

Denver has a nasty history of eating it's QBs alive and Tebow is a huge media storm right now and I doubt Peyton would want that anymore than he would want to deal with the crap to come if he went to NYC. Peyton from a fan perspective is the only QB in general anyone would be okay with benching Tim for so he could mentor him, but the price tag and the things Peyton will want are unlikely to work but hey if Peyton loves Elway that much I am sure he'd do it just for the chance to work with inexperienced receivers and a beat up o-line in an open air stadium and cold weather.

He's not coming here. I would bank on it. If we actually do manage to get Peyton here I will take whatever repercussions that Hotrod makes up a poll for (within reason, no animals, dead things or illegal things).
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #975
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Went to Longhorn Steakhouse today for lunch, and was wearing Broncos hoodie....one of the other patrons walks up and says "God I hope your team doesn't sign Manning"

I'm figuring he's gotta be a non-bronco fan, so I ask him "why?" Thinking he'll say he wants his team to sign him.

He says "Tebow, man...that's my boy!"

Turns out I was right.....he's no Broncos fan.
Super fan remains super.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote