The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #901
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Went to Longhorn Steakhouse today for lunch, and was wearing Broncos hoodie....one of the other patrons walks up and says "God I hope your team doesn't sign Manning"

I'm figuring he's gotta be a non-bronco fan, so I ask him "why?" Thinking he'll say he wants his team to sign him.

He says "Tebow, man...that's my boy!"

Turns out I was right.....he's no Broncos fan.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #902
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I'll go ahead and call this one for everybody -- the Broncos don't end up with Manning, and we end concluding in hindsight that this whole thing was botched from a PR standpoint.
If we swing and miss on Manning we will swing again for RGIII. Everything the FO does shows this.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #903
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning would not sign with the Broncos with hopes they would then sign a bunch of free agents and hope they could be a very good team. People forget this team started out 1-4, coming off just going what 7-24 or whatever it was, and adding Manning is going to make this team a 11-12 win team? I just don't see this happening, at least for Manning's benefit.
It seems they forget this team finished 1-4, too.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #904
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
He says "Tebow, man...that's my boy!"

Turns out I was right.....he's no Broncos fan.
Maybe he's a Bronco fan who thinks Tebow has the potential to be a special QB and doesn't think dumping him for three years worth of Manning (who managed only one superbowl win in 14 years with the Colts) is worth it.

Or is that line of thinking restricted to Tebow fans only?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #905
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If we swing and miss on Manning we will swing again for RGIII. Everything the FO does shows this.
And miss again.

Search your heart. You know this ends up with no Manning, no Tebow, no RGIII.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #906
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

4 neck surgeries including one experimental stem cell treatment that he had to go outside of the U.S. to get.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM   #907
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It's already been reported that Denver has told Manning they will hand the reins to offense over to him and let him be the de facto OC.
Again.. this was the point I was trying to make.. Manning had a system in place he built over his whole career.. you think that is going to happen overnight in Denver without any coaches helping him? We saw how well the Broncos coaches adapted to Tebow.. they were awful. and all they had to do was keep McD's offense in place that was already there.. that was Tebow's offense.. that was why McD brought Tebow in. And Peyton had tons of experienced guys running his offense.. Broncos don't have that..

Quote:
And while Tebow no doubt helped the running game, it's a joke to pretend he "masked the weaknesses" of the WRs. Decker was on a 70 catch 12 TD pace before Tebow took over. DeMaryius kept pace with Calvin Johnson at the end of the season with Tebow throwing hail marys up to him. Imagine what a precision passer like Manning could do for his game?
How is Manning going to do that when the Oline was a sieve? They couldn't protect Orton or Tebow.. look how much better Orton looked on the Chiefs.. and the Chiefs stunk.. You are blaming Tebow for the olines weakness and the receivers weaknesses.. Tebow didn't even have Lloyd.. Tebow beat Roethlisbeger head to head.. what makes you think he couldn't have beat Peyton head to head on the Colts? He beat Philip Rivers head to head too. And Carson Palmer... with the world stacked against him. And he did it when Orton couldn't.. a conventional passer... who looked much better on the Chiefs..

Quote:
Furthermore, a QB who can audible and get rid of the ball in a hurry mask a lot of protection problems, as Manning demonstrated in 2010 with a couple of below average tackles protecting him in Indy. Plus, you have the cap space to make additional improvements.
Tebow's mobility masked the protection ineptitude.. Manning has no mobility... he could get SLAUGHTERED behind the Broncos inexperienced line with weak coaches around him. Weak run game and receivers too..

Quote:
You act like Tebow was some kind of beast.
Is Cam a beast? what does Tebow have that Cam doesn't? Other than Cam having a better offense around him.. If manning was smart he'd go to Carolina over over the Broncos in a heartbeat.. if you were Carolina would you play Peyton over Cam? If so then why not play Peyton over luck?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #908
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And miss again.

Search your heart. You know this ends up with no Manning, no Tebow, no RGIII.
I don't see how Tebow is gone if we miss on Manning or RGIII. He won't ask to be traded cause of the lack of support the FO gives him.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #909
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #910
Jay3

Quote:
I don't see how Tebow is gone if we miss on Manning or RGIII. He won't ask to be traded cause of the lack of support the FO gives him.
Tebow won't. But this is the beginning of the end. Not because they went after Manning. But because they aggressively leaked that Tebow would be dumped if they got Manning.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #911
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
You should have stayed a non active poster. You ignore the fact that Denver was being linked as one of the teams talking to the Rams for the number two pick. Elway doesn't want Tebow I really don't get why you don't understand that.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #912
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Tebow won't. But this is the beginning of the end. Not because they went after Manning. But because they aggressively leaked that Tebow would be dumped if they got Manning.
Elway really doesn't have much tact or guile, does he? it's been one misstep after another from him since he got the job. maybe Bowlen ought to look up Tommy Maddox and see if he'd be interested in being groomed for a FO job...

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #913
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
Elway really doesn't have much tact or guile, does he? it's been one misstep after another from him since he got the job. maybe Bowlen ought to look up Tommy Maddox and see if he'd be interested in being groomed for a FO job...

No, he's rather bush league when it comes to the PR and press relations. Would have been better here to hedge your bets in case it doesn't work out.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #914
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I agree 100%. I don't get why other posters can't see it. As I said before I don't think the FO cares what is leaked about Tebow. We will see how much they offer Manning. If it's what we think it will be then we all know how they really feel.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #915
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No, he's rather bush league when it comes to the PR and press relations. Would have been better here to hedge your bets in case it doesn't work out.
It's pretty obvious he doesn't care.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #916
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You should have stayed a non active poster. You ignore the fact that Denver was being linked as one of the teams talking to the Rams for the number two pick. Elway doesn't want Tebow I really don't get why you don't understand that.
Please show me a link that displays actual quotes from the Broncos and not a talk show host like Spanos or the media. Shefter has been wrong, Peter King has been wrong (both saying the Broncos where not going to trade Cutler, even though Cutler not calling Bowlen had happened).

You believe in everything they feed you... when actually most of the time the ones creating or leaking the rumors is the camp of the beneficiary.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #917
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
It seems they forget this team finished 1-4, too.
After going 7 of 8.. knocking a guy for going 1 of 4 after going 7 of 8 is complete lunacy...
Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #918
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
what does Tebow have that Cam doesn't?
Nothing.
What does Cam have that Tebow doesn't?
He is a way way better pocket passer than Tebow is and Cam was a rookie last year, oh yeah he broke all of Manning's rookie records as well.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #919
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Please show me a link that displays actual quotes from the Broncos and not a talk show host like Spanos or the media. Shefter has been wrong, Peter King has been wrong (both saying the Broncos where not going to trade Cutler, even though Cutler not calling Bowlen had happened).

You believe in everything they feed you... when actually most of the time the ones creating or leaking the rumors is the camp of the beneficiary.
Yes the Rams are really upping the bidding war by bringing Denver with its 25th pick in the draft I mean the Skins and Browns must be scared ****tless.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #920
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Again.. this was the point I was trying to make.. Manning had a system in place he built over his whole career.. you think that is going to happen overnight in Denver without any coaches helping him? We saw how well the Broncos coaches adapted to Tebow.. they were awful. and all they had to do was keep McD's offense in place that was already there.. that was Tebow's offense.. that was why McD brought Tebow in. And Peyton had tons of experienced guys running his offense.. Broncos don't have that..
No, they were terrific with adapting to Tebow by any reasonabnle, objective standard. They crafted an offense midseason to adjust to his poor passing but unique running skills.

Quote:
How is Manning going to do that when the Oline was a sieve? They couldn't protect Orton or Tebow.. look how much better Orton looked on the Chiefs.. and the Chiefs stunk.. You are blaming Tebow for the olines weakness and the receivers weaknesses.. Tebow didn't even have Lloyd.. Tebow beat Roethlisbeger head to head.. what makes you think he couldn't have beat Peyton head to head on the Colts? He beat Philip Rivers head to head too. And Carson Palmer... with the world stacked against him. And he did it when Orton couldn't.. a conventional passer... who looked much better on the Chiefs..
You totally ignored my point that a passer with a quick release and audibling skills can mask OL problems. Again, Manning had two poor OTs protecting him in 2010 and he threw for 4700 yards and they won 10 games.

Quote:
Tebow's mobility masked the protection ineptitude.. Manning has no mobility... he could get SLAUGHTERED behind the Broncos inexperienced line with weak coaches around him. Weak run game and receivers too..
No, he would raise the game of the Denver WRs, who as Ive already pointed out are talented. Once again, Decker was on a 70 catch 12 TD pace before Tebow became the QB. Thomas put big numbers the last month + of the season just with Tebow throwing hail mary bombs at him. Manning's precision will take Thomas's game to another level, as any objetive person can see.

Quote:
Is Cam a beast? what does Tebow have that Cam doesn't? Other than Cam having a better offense around him.. If manning was smart he'd go to Carolina over over the Broncos in a heartbeat.. if you were Carolina would you play Peyton over Cam? If so then why not play Peyton over luck?
Cam has better passing skills. That's what he has over Tebow. Again, as any objective person can see.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #921
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Getting traded is the best thing that could happen to Tebow..

....not to mention this messageboard.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #922
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
....not to mention this messageboard.
I bet 90% of the posters that joined in 2011 would stop posting.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #923
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Nothing.
What does Cam have that Tebow doesn't?
He is a way way better pocket passer than Tebow is and Cam was a rookie last year, oh yeah he broke all of Manning's rookie records as well.
That's what i meant to say.. what does Cam have that Tebow doesn't?

He had a far better offense around him.. he is not a better pocket passer. He had turnovers all over the place and lost to horrible teams.. he had a grear offense around him and a much better coach is all.

Cam couldn't win games until he saw how Tebow did it.. Tebow made the playoffs when Cam couldn't..

Orton put up great numbers last season just like Cam did and Tebow outplayed Orton..
Old 03-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #924
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
That's what i meant to say.. what does Cam have that Tebow doesn't?

He had a far better offense around him.. he is not a better pocket passer. He had turnovers all over the place and lost to horrible teams.. he had a grear offense around him and a much better coach is all.

Cam couldn't win games until he saw how Tebow did it.. Tebow made the playoffs when Cam couldn't..

Orton put up great numbers last season just like Cam did and Tebow outplayed Orton..
Oh Good Grief
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #925
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The problem is everyone seems to underestimate how good Tebow is and the impact he has on the team.. offensively and defensively. Same thing with the Offensive line.

If Manning comes it will be because he makes the same mistake.. and it will be a complete disaster for this reason..
And of course, YOU have not over-valued Tebow?