The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #801
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
It sure would be nice to have a QB that could hit WR's in stride, throw into tight windows anticipating when they will come open, lineup everyone to exploit a defense, execute an audible, make all the throws for a change
Amen.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #802
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I agree with this with one qualifier.

That team may also be completely butt****ed if he isnt healthy enough to be Peyton Manning anymore.
could you imagine ponying up the money to pay him without an injury clause...shipping out Tebow and then watching Manning go down in Week 5??

could set the franchise back 5 years or so? scary thought
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #803
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
according to Dave Logan, rumors are that Manning and his agent are looking for a 3-year deal, $45M of GUARANTEED money, with NO injury clause.

does anyone believe for a moment that Bowlen could or would do that deal? seriously? anybody??
Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #804
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Everyone saw what the Colts were with Manning, and then what they were without him. Now imagine our team, how much better than the Colts it was last season, and add Peyton Manning and all the leadership, playmaking ability, all of it to our team. Any team Manning joins is immediately at least a playoff team.
That only holds up assuming that Tim Tebow = Curtis Painter.

I can't imagine even 90% of the Tebow haters would be that naive.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #805
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Everyone saw what the Colts were with Manning, and then what they were without him. Now imagine our team, how much better than the Colts it was last season, and add Peyton Manning and all the leadership, playmaking ability, all of it to our team. Any team Manning joins is immediately at least a playoff team.
so Manning plays defense now too?

GB put up 49 on us.
DET put up 45 on us.
MIN put up 32 on us.
NE put up 41 and 45 on us.
BUF put up 40 on us.

we need help on defense. spending money on Manning and satisfying his additional offensive requirements would set this franchise back at least 5 or 6 years.

we're not a playoff team just because Manning is under center. we're a rebuilding team. still. why can't people see this? whatever happens with Tebow is irrelevant... we need to spend money wisely and draft well for 2 or 3 more years before we could be considered truly ready for a SB run.

did anyone think that the 2011 Seahags were a SB contender just because they beat NO in the 2010 playoffs? no.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #806
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
Manning is not the answer. He just isn't.
Very convincing

Quote:
Go Tebow!
ah, and there's the rub
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #807
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
exactly....who is "on the cusp" then? only the teams that made it to the NFCCG and AFCCG? the defense is there for the most part....if we could put up 25 ppg we could go deep....special teams play improved this year and we have a running game (although Tebow was a HUUUGE factor with that)

Manning would immediately put us on a short list of contenders
Nope. The Broncos are not on the cusp because they greatly over achieved.

Although I believe a Tebow led offense has great potential it would be amiss to not believe that they over achieved. The same goes for the defense that got their butts handed to them several times last season.

The Broncos are at least 2 or 3 years away from being a serious contender. Great strides were made with key players last season so the course of action should be to proceed with them in the line up.

The future is bright and as fans I believe we have much to look forward to. Unfortunately, for all of the Grampy Gimpy fans the Broncos future doesn't or shouldn't include Manning. Just my opinion.

Go Broncos! Go Elway! Go Tebow!
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #808
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
according to Dave Logan, rumors are that Manning and his agent are looking for a 3-year deal, $45M of GUARANTEED money, with NO injury clause.

does anyone believe for a moment that Bowlen could or would do that deal? seriously? anybody??
I dont think anyone would do that deal...i assume it to be false
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #809
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Very convincing

ah, and there's the rub
I like Tebow and my posts reflect that. Very astute. You dislike Tebow and your posts reflect that.

Hmmm, I think we're on to something here.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #810
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
I like Tebow and my posts reflect that. Very astute. You dislike Tebow and your posts reflect that.

Hmmm, I think we're on to something here.
No, I'm just not a moron willing to throw out any rational argument on account of one player. I'm also not interested in bending the team to Tebow, because I'm actually a Broncos fan. If we don't get Manning, I'd like to stick with Tebow. But if we can get Manning, he's Peyton Manning.

I like the Broncos, and my posts reflect that
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #811
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont think anyone would do that deal...i assume it to be false
Dave Logan is fairly well plugged in. i don't think he's blowing smoke here. that's the position that he's hearing where Manning and his agent will start contract negotiations.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #812
KO5K

Quote:
Dave Logan is fairly well plugged in. i don't think he's blowing smoke here. that's the position that he's hearing where Manning and his agent will start contract negotiations.
Did you get that from the radio?
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #813
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
Did you get that from the radio?
yes. i'm listening to him and Krieger on KOA right now talking about the chances of Manning winding up here.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #814
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
yes. i'm listening to him and Krieger on KOA right now talking about the chances of Manning winding up here.
He better submit to a battery of medical tests to get that kind of cash.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #815
MacGruder

Why do people think it is logical to kick Tebow to the curb or trade him for Manning when the Colts themselves aren't doing that either... and Manning gave them his whole career...

And regardless of the hype... Andrew Luck is far far less proven than Tebow... the only reason Luck is so hyped is because he hasn't had the opportunity to get exposed that Tebow faced all through college and in the NFL.

Yet people act as if you would be nuts to let Manning go and play Tebow instead.. the Colts are doing that with Luck...
Old 03-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #816
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:

GB put up 49 on us.
DET put up 45 on us.
MIN put up 32 on us.
BUF put up 40 on us.

we need help on defense. spending money on Manning and satisfying his additional offensive requirements would set this franchise back at least 5 or 6 years.
Do you think once we sign Manning we're going to ignore the defense? I guarantee that will not happen.

Tebow under center or Manning under center, the same positions will be drafted.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #817
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

If you're going to skip on getting the best QB to ever play, my opinion, then why on earth would you add another end when we already apply pretty good pressure from both sides of the d-line? Take that Mario money and spend it on Finnegan and a Safety, grab a DT in the draft.

We need interior DL, not another pass rushing hybrid.

We need a veteran corner that doesn't suck in FA. That's Finnegan + a safety.

Again, my opinion.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #818
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
could you imagine ponying up the money to pay him without an injury clause...shipping out Tebow and then watching Manning go down in Week 5??

could set the franchise back 5 years or so? scary thought
Peyton Manning will NOT sign an injury clause. There's no reason for him to.

He's going to jump back in to being one of, if not THE, highest paid QBs/players in the NFL on name alone with a large signing bonus and no injury clause.

Many many teams are willing to roll those dice and, looking at the body of work throughout his career, with good reason. Manning is, imo, far and away the GOAT (yeah yeah sucks for me to admit it too but he's much better than Elway ever was).

But hed be an idiot to sign here over teams with deeper rosters AND pockets and quite frankly, that is why it wont happen.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #819
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

http://kdvr.com/2012/03/08/lynch-bro...er-teams-cant/

DENVER – Former NFL Pro Bowl Safety John Lynch thinks the Denver Broncos have one key advantage in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes.

John Elway.

“I think Peyton’s going to look at (the Broncos) and say ‘I know they’re going in the right direction,” Lynch, who played 4 seasons with Denver, told FOX31’s Ron Zappolo Thursday. “They’ve got a pretty good president (Elway) who knows how important a quarterback is.”
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #820
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Why do people think it is logical to kick Tebow to the curb or trade him for Manning when the Colts themselves aren't doing that either... and Manning gave them his whole career...

And regardless of the hype... Andrew Luck is far far less proven than Tebow... the only reason Luck is so hyped is because he hasn't had the opportunity to get exposed that Tebow faced all through college and in the NFL.

Yet people act as if you would be nuts to let Manning go and play Tebow instead.. the Colts are doing that with Luck...
You are a silly, silly person.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #821
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
You are a silly, silly person.
Am I? I guess you forget they talked about Jake Locker at one time the same way they talk about Luck.. except Locker had one bad season in college and that talk totally disappeared..

They said Bradford was a god too.. then look at him last season..
Old 03-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #822
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Peyton Manning will NOT sign an injury clause. There's no reason for him to.

He's going to jump back in to being one of, if not THE, highest paid QBs/players in the NFL on name alone with a large signing bonus and no injury clause.

Many many teams are willing to roll those dice and, looking at the body of work throughout his career, with good reason. Manning is, imo, far and away the GOAT (yeah yeah sucks for me to admit it too but he's much better than Elway ever was).

But hed be an idiot to sign here over teams with deeper rosters AND pockets and quite frankly, that is why it wont happen.
I completely agree, there is not a reason in the world he would sign something like that. I was just pointing out the fact that whoever signs him is one big hit away from being set back as a franchise. It's sort of like what the Nets did over here in Jersey. Traded away the future to try and pick up Deron Williams and Dwight Howard this year. But the way its going to work out is that they are getting neither and have no draft picks left. Set back 4-5 years easily
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #823
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Am I? I guess you forget they talked about Jake Locker at one time the same way they talk about Luck.. except Locker had one bad season in college and that talk totally disappeared..

They said Bradford was a god too.. then look at him last season..
Youve never watched Luck play, have you
Old 03-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #824
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:

GB put up 49 on us.
DET put up 45 on us.
MIN put up 32 on us.
BUF put up 40 on us.

we're not a playoff team just because Manning is under center. we're a rebuilding team. still. why can't people see this? whatever happens with Tebow is irrelevant... we need to spend money wisely and draft well for 2 or 3 more years before we could be considered truly ready for a SB run.

did anyone think that the 2011 Seahags were a SB contender just because they beat NO in the 2010 playoffs? no.
If we had an offense that could stay on the field for some sustained drives before the final 2 minutes of a game that might limit the other teams ability to put up points. Not saying Manning is the answer or that the defense doesn't need help, just pointing out that your logic is lopsided.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #825
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Youve never watched Luck play, have you
The exact opposite.. I HAVE watched him play and was very underwhelmed... and this was against weak defenses...

He is very polished and sophisticated in his skills but that really doesn't mean much. There are lots of guys who were very polished skill wise and stink in the NFL.