The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #651
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

But I, I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #652
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Is this THE PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS that rated Kuper as one of the worst left guards in football? And has Denver's O-Line ranked 30th?

Sounds like a dream scenario for Peyton Manning to win Trophieses.
I doubt it because I'm sure they know Kuper plays RG.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #653
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Alrighty then. Let's tease this out.

How much is Manning going to command in salary? Just ball park it. Is he going to just eat up a solid 20% of our available cap space this year? $16 M isn't out of the question and that's if we get him relatively cheap.

Now, what WRs does he want because Peyton's going to need his guys to install his offense. We still need a solid RB alternative to McG in case he gets hurt. Oh, and McG wants a pay raise too so that scenario nets out about an extra $1.5-$2 M/yr. Maybe with Peyton we can make a run at Vincent Jackson but we might need to get Reggie Wayne instead. Either way there's about $5-$7 Mil/yr in that position. If Pey pey wants both Pey pey gets so figure that cost about $12M/yr.

Begin to see real quick that we eat into our cap room pretty fast for a bunch of guys whose best years are in the rear view mirror and we still haven't touched the D side of the ball where we are woefully wanting for depth and starters.

Stay the course, suppliment through FA for starters and depth and draft well and rely on a running game to pound the rock for 60 minutes. If we're going to throw money out there let it be on D and let us get 4 starters for the price of 1 Peyton.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #654
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BS tebow and manning couldnt co exist. BS that we would trade tebow if we landed manning.

Manning would be the best thing to ever happen to tebow here. manning would mentor the **** outta tebow and tebow would be able to learn from two of the greatest. John and Peyton.

How could this go wrong.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 AM   #655
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I doubt it because I'm sure they know Kuper plays RG.
My mistake.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #656
DENVERDUI55

If manning is back to normal we could be legit afc contenders. He masks more team weaknesses than any other player in NFL history.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #657
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
If manning is back to normal we could be legit afc contenders. He masks more team weaknesses than any other player in NFL history.
Yet bats under .500 in playoff games. Nobody's saying Peyton can't make a team better. But he doesn't win Super Bowls without great teams.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #658
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post

How much is Manning going to command in salary? Just ball park it. Is he going to just eat up a solid 20% of our available cap space this year? $16 M isn't out of the question and that's if we get him relatively cheap.

Now, what WRs does he want because Peyton's going to need his guys to install his offense. We still need a solid RB alternative to McG in case he gets hurt. Oh, and McG wants a pay raise too so that scenario nets out about an extra $1.5-$2 M/yr. Maybe with Peyton we can make a run at Vincent Jackson but we might need to get Reggie Wayne instead. Either way there's about $5-$7 Mil/yr in that position. If Pey pey wants both Pey pey gets so figure that cost about $12M/yr.

Begin to see real quick that we eat into our cap room pretty fast for a bunch of guys whose best years are in the rear view mirror and we still haven't touched the D side of the ball where we are woefully wanting for depth and starters.

Stay the course, suppliment through FA for starters and depth and draft well and rely on a running game to pound the rock for 60 minutes. If we're going to throw money out there let it be on D and let us get 4 starters for the price of 1 Peyton.
Your $ numbers are extremely conservative as well. The aforementioned guys will be around 50% more than what you listed them each as.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #659
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
BS tebow and manning couldnt co exist. BS that we would trade tebow if we landed manning.

Manning would be the best thing to ever happen to tebow here. manning would mentor the **** outta tebow and tebow would be able to learn from two of the greatest. John and Peyton.

How could this go wrong.
It will stunt his growth. Starting him then sitting him then starting then sitting, etc. At this point it's at the point where he needs to play. He can't really go back to sitting imo.
UberBroncoMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #660
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yet bats under .500 in playoff games. Nobody's saying Peyton can't make a team better. But he doesn't win Super Bowls without great teams.
What QB wins super bowls on bad teams lol?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #661
Drunken.Broncoholic

ive heard manning has a short list of teams he wants to go to.....broncos are on that list..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #662
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

There is no way that Tebow would agree to sit a year or two, or three and learn under Manning. Nor should anyone expect him to. I still think there is probably a less than 10 percent chance of Manning in Denver, but should it happen I think you'll see Tebow to the Jags for a conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder before the draft.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #663
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
What QB wins super bowls on bad teams lol?
I'm told Tom Brady doesn't have any receivers that are worth a damn. Yet he's 16-6 all time in the playoffs (to Manning's 9 wins and 10 losses)
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #664
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Why are you so worried about salaries, it's not coming out of your pocket, and there are gazillions of ways to tweak the cap. Every year there's a team that's scraping the cap ceiling that has no problems getting FA's.

The one thing about Peyton that worries me, and its a big concern, is that even if he signs an incentive laden contract, it will require an overhaul: People talk about outfitting an offense to benefit tebow, but the same goes for manning. If Denver were to sign him, Manning would implement his own offense. We’d need to outfit it to run stretch running plays, make sure we have a running back who is a duel threat (Moreno would be great, but he cant stay healthy), and sign older guys like Wayne and Saturday. If we sign manning, you’d have to think they’d go all in, and probably use up chunks of cap space to improve the defense as well. So, you do all that and what happens if Manning can’t play? Or he gets hurt the first game?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #665
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm told Tom Brady doesn't have any receivers that are worth a damn. Yet he's 16-6 all time in the playoffs (to Manning's 9 wins and 10 losses)
Mannings Colts remind me of Elway's 80's Broncos teams. He's IT. Look at the Colts this year, they were complete and total garbage. The year before they were a playoff team. What was the difference? How the hell are you hating on Peyton F'n Manning. If youre worried about his health, that's one thing, but you're criticizing his PLAY? Youre insane.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #666
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
You've been told Manning has had some of the best olines in the NFL. You might think about listening to other people.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 03-08-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #667
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Why are you so worried about salaries, it's not coming out of your pocket, and there are gazillions of ways to tweak the cap. Every year there's a team that's scraping the cap ceiling that has no problems getting FA's.

The one thing about Peyton that worries me, and its a big concern, is that even if he signs an incentive laden contract, it will require an overhaul: People talk about outfitting an offense to benefit tebow, but the same goes for manning. If Denver were to sign him, Manning would implement his own offense. We’d need to outfit it to run stretch running plays, make sure we have a running back who is a duel threat (Moreno would be great, but he cant stay healthy), and sign older guys like Wayne and Saturday. If we sign manning, you’d have to think they’d go all in, and probably use up chunks of cap space to improve the defense as well. So, you do all that and what happens if Manning can’t play? Or he gets hurt the first game?
That's my point. We get Manning and we're on the line for a tremendous commitment and in the NFL that means cap space. With cap space you can pivot direction, without it you're boxed in. Manning and his new offense is going to require a significant commitment of that cap space, space we need to sign depth and starters, particularly on D. Moreover, all of this commitment hinges on whether or not his neck can hold up, not to mention all the other injury bugs that come with being 36+ yrs old in the NFL. Are we really going to commit that much and hope a 36 yr old with a gimp neck can hold up?

Sure, we get Manning and his HOF career. YAY! Does anybody, ANYBODY remember what happened to the Colts when he went down? Now he's one year and 4 neck surgeries further away from his prime. This makes no sense for the long term growth and stability of this club.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #668
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
That's my point. We get Manning and we're on the line for a tremendous commitment and in the NFL that means cap space. With cap space you can pivot direction, without it you're boxed in. Manning and his new offense is going to require a significant commitment of that cap space, space we need to sign depth and starters, particularly on D. Moreover, all of this commitment hinges on whether or not his neck can hold up, not to mention all the other injury bugs that come with being 36+ yrs old in the NFL. Are we really going to commit that much and hope a 36 yr old with a gimp neck can hold up?

Sure, we get Manning and his HOF career. YAY! Does anybody, ANYBODY remember what happened to the Colts when he went down? Now he's one year and 4 neck surgeries further away from his prime. This makes no sense for the long term growth and stability of this club.
But its still Peyton Manning. I will not hate on this if they take the risk.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #669
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You've been told Manning has had some of the best olines in the NFL. You might think about listening to other people.
I heard it on NFL Fan Messageboards.

And I'm told on an NFL Fan Messageboard that NFL Fan Messageboards are the best place to learn.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #670
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I heard it on NFL Fan Messageboards.

And I'm told on an NFL Fan Messageboard that NFL Fan Messageboards are the best place to learn.
Well they are not. I will tell you no bad team has ever won the SB. Brady might not of had the best WRs of all time but he sure did have the most clutch kicker of all time.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #671
BroncoBeavis

Oh, and you might want to tell Pro Bowl voters how bad the Colts suck, because Peyton was one of 7 Colts sent in 2010. More than any other AFC team.

But hey, at least you've still got Pro Football Focus.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #672
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Well they are not. I will tell you no bad team has ever won the SB. Brady might not of had the best WRs of all time but he sure did have the most clutch kicker of all time.
uhhhh, you mean the guy who went to the Colts for Peyton's only title?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #673
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Oh, and you might want to tell Pro Bowl voters how bad the Colts suck, because Peyton was one of 7 Colts sent in 2010. More than any other AFC team.

But hey, at least you've still got Pro Football Focus.
How many did they send this year without Manning?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #674
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
uhhhh, you mean the guy who went to the Colts for Peyton's only title?
Yeah the same guy for all of Bradys as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM   #675
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Yeah the same guy for all of Bradys as well.
SIGN VINATIERI NOW!!!111!11ELEVENTY! Guaranteed Superbowl Champions.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote