The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #5401
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I believe there are 2 games in your conference that are like a wildcard. I could be wrong on this, but I think that is true, or at least it used to be. Besides, ginger hammer would make sure of it.
6 games within your own division
4 games vs. an entire division within your conference (rotating)
4 games vs. an entire division in the other conference (rotating)
2 games vs the teams that finished in the same place within their division as you did in yours the year prior, one from each division that a) aren't your own and b) aren't already in that year's rotation

So the Cardinals would play the Giants once every 4 years by rule, and it's possible that they could play every year, ONLY if the 2 teams both finished in the same place. Like if the Cards and Giants both finished third in their respective divisions, then they would play each other the next season. That's the "wildcard" you're thinking of.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #5402
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
6 games within your own division
4 games vs. an entire division within your conference (rotating)
4 games vs. an entire division in the other conference (rotating)
2 games vs the teams that finished in the same place within their division as you did in yours the year prior, one from each division that a) aren't your own and b) aren't already in that year's rotation

So the Cardinals would play the Giants once every 4 years by rule, and it's possible that they could play every year, ONLY if the 2 teams both finished in the same place. Like if the Cards and Giants both finished third in their respective divisions, then they would play each other the next season. That's the "wildcard" you're thinking of.
Yes, you are right. I thought that at one time that was the case, but maybe not. Anyway, I am not sure Manning wants to play his brother anymore than he has to.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #5403
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't think he wanted to face Eli in playoffs. Peyton was is and will always be an AFC guy.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #5404
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
So the Cardinals would play the Giants once every 4 years by rule,

once every 3 years
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #5405
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I don't think he wanted to face Eli in playoffs. Peyton was is and will always be an AFC guy.
I think Manning looked a lot of things. I think he wanted to stay in the AFC is possible, I think he wanted a place with a coaching and front office staff who could and would work with him rather than around him. I think he looked at the supporting cast he would have and on balance you have to give the Broncos offense the edge on that one over the Cards. I do think the prospect of playing too many Manning bowls also weighed in.

Ultimately I do think the John's were a big selling point and it is my impression that the Broncos as an organization have a good reputation for taking care of their own. Obviously having Champ Bailey in the house who Manning has played against and with in Hawaii a lot and Brandon Stokley who is close to Manning helped too. I think getting positive feed back on the team and the town from people who have a lot of cred in the NFL helped.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #5406
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I think Manning looked a lot of things. I think he wanted to stay in the AFC is possible, I think he wanted a place with a coaching and front office staff who could and would work with him rather than around him. I think he looked at the supporting cast he would have and on balance you have to give the Broncos offense the edge on that one over the Cards. I do think the prospect of playing too many Manning bowls also weighed in.

Ultimately I do think the John's were a big selling point and it is my impression that the Broncos as an organization have a good reputation for taking care of their own. Obviously having Champ Bailey in the house who Manning has played against and with in Hawaii a lot and Brandon Stokley who is close to Manning helped too. I think getting positive feed back on the team and the town from people who have a lot of cred in the NFL helped.
Not to mention Denver's NFL leading 43 year sell out streak...
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #5407
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I did 2x ... why? because I wanted to refresh my memory of the posters that need to be put on ignore.. going through this thread can give you insight on the football minds on this board.. some are knowledgeable but there are plenty of posters who don't know d*ck about football or their a$$ from a hole in the ground but they post like they are an NFL GM.. Hilarious
Could you publish a cliff notes list of who are armchair GMS, Teboners, and good football minds to save us some time?
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #5408
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
sorry but I'm not gonna "call out" anyone ... most old timers on this board already know who those posters are

I LMAO @ one poster in particular who just can't stand to be wrong... I didn't realize this poster was like this until I read all his posts in this thread so I did a little digging on all his posts & all his posts have that "I know more than you" undertone, I got to keep an eye out for his posts so I can get a good laugh
Just say his name so you can be on his ****list.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #5409
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Could you publish a cliff notes list of who are armchair GMS, Teboners, and good football minds to save us some time?
Not to toot my own horn but I think I fit all three.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #5410
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
sorry but I'm not gonna "call out" anyone ... most old timers on this board already know who those posters are

I LMAO @ one poster in particular who just can't stand to be wrong... I didn't realize this poster was like this until I read all his posts in this thread so I did a little digging on all his posts & all his posts have that "I know more than you" undertone, I got to keep an eye out for his posts so I can get a good laugh
The guy who stood up for you when people were mocking your size and what you look like?

Yeah, what a dick.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #5411
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The guy who stood up for you when people were mocking your size and what you look like?

Yeah, what a dick.

So I wasn't the only one who knew exactly who he was talking about....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #5412
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:

Yeah, what a dick.
I was not talking about you in any way... I have no problem w/ any of your posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Just say his name so you can be on his ****list.
pretty sure I'm already on that list.. lol

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-03-2013 at 12:32 PM..
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #5413
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Yeah Rev can't stand to be wrong that when he is, he gives rep to the person who corrected him....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #5414
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I was not talking about you
Everyone assumed you were talking about him even REV himself.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #5415
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Quote:
I know, but I promise I'm not talking about Rev, I like Rev
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #5416
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
It's not a difficult leap to make, but an inaccurate one. I'm pretty happy to admit when I'm wrong.

In fact, we've got a hilarious discussion about Peterson and Clairborne that you threw a hissy fit about at the time and thought I was "wrong" when your facts were completely off (which is pretty standard) and well, look at it now.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #5417
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

loves haters & trolls

Please disregard my post... douchebag post by me... deleted.. feel free to neg rep me.. lol but I want to make it 100% clear I was not referring to Rev & I will just leave it at that

Last edited by i4jelway7; 10-03-2013 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 12:48 PM   #5418
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not a difficult leap to make, but an inaccurate one. I'm pretty happy to admit when I'm wrong.

In fact, we've got a hilarious discussion about Peterson and Clairborne that you threw a hissy fit about at the time and thought I was "wrong" when your facts were completely off (which is pretty standard) and well, look at it now.
I said it was pretty silly to rank a guy based off of his first game in his NFL career. Would you agree with that? Now you were right Mo looks like a bust and it is pretty stupid to play him in a cover 2 scheme when he is a man to man CB. I will admit when I'm wrong unlike someone who was mentioned in this thread. I'm pretty sure everyone thought comments were about you.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #5419
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I said it was pretty silly to rank a guy based off of his first game in his NFL career. Would you agree with that? Now you were right Mo looks like a bust and it is pretty stupid to play him in a cover 2 scheme when he is a man to man CB. I will admit when I'm wrong unlike someone who was mentioned in this thread. I'm pretty sure everyone thought comments were about you.
Here's what you're missing:

I wasn't basing his NFL career of his first NFL game. I was basing it off his collegiate career.

Here's a Couple Predraft Links:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...5&postcount=27

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...2&postcount=61

And Clairborne is just one of many where you've been completely factually wrong and embarrassed by me. Only I don't go around bumping discussions because I just don't care. You do, tried to bump something to embarrass me, but I wasn't embarrassed by it and it backfired. End of story.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #5420
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Here's what you're missing:

I wasn't basing his NFL career of his first NFL game. I was basing it off his collegiate career.

Here's a Couple Predraft Links:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...5&postcount=27

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...2&postcount=61

And Clairborne is just one of many where you've been completely factually wrong and embarrassed by me. Only I don't go around bumping discussions because I just don't care. You do, tried to bump something to embarrass me, but I wasn't embarrassed by it and it backfired. End of story.
Will you show me where I was wrong about Clairborne? Again all I said was it is pretty silly to base a guys first game in the NFL on how his career will be and that his first game was better than Peterson's which it was as a CB. You make all sorts of predictions about players and love to bump your own threads when your right occasionally. When you are wrong such as with Clay Matthews(You said the other 2 USC were much better) we never hear about it again. Good Job you were right about Clairborne kudos to you. You are awesome and should apply for a scout job in the NFL. Jacksonville could use you.

The end of story is the statement jelway made fit you so well you even got your panties in a bunch over it and everyone else assumed it was you he was talking about.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 10-03-2013 at 02:02 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #5421
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I know, but I promise I'm not talking about Rev, I like Rev
well now you pretty much have to name names. If it's me, whatever.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #5422
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Will you show me where I was wrong about Clairborne? Again all I said was it is pretty silly to base a guys first game in the NFL on how his career will be and that his first game was better than Peterson's which it was as a CB. You make all sorts of predictions about players and love to bump your own threads when your right occasionally. When you are wrong such as with Clay Matthews(You said the other 2 USC were much better) we never hear about it again. Good Job you were right about Clairborne kudos to you. You are awesome and should apply for a scout job in the NFL. Jacksonville could use you.

The end of story is the statement jelway made fit you so well you even got your panties in a bunch over it and everyone else assumed it was you he was talking about.
What? The only thread I've EVER bumped to show I was right was last week's football write-up and I only did that because it was late, posted a couple hours before the game and not many people got to see and read it.

If I wanted to thump my chest, I'd spend every ****ing podcast talking about how spot on I was last week, bump threads about every DB I've spoken about (from nailing Alford back when he was a UDFA prospect, to the entire 2012 draft class), bump discussion about Cedric Thornton a UDFA DT who is now a starting DL and one of the few to sack Manning, an OM mock draft record that ****s on every GM in the league, and so so so much more. In fact, I woke up to a rep from Taco regarding this post back at the start of last season when Denver was on a losing streak and everyone was hand-wringing:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...3&postcount=11

As far as Clairborne, yes, you used him to claim Peterson had a terrible first game, meanwhile almost every catch you cited to be "Steve Smith destroying him" was either actually against another player or incredibly well covered.

People think I think I'm right all the time because I'm right almost all the ****ing time. If I actually did bump threads and shove it in people's faces, it'd be inherently obnoxious.

Answer honestly:

Do you have a crush on me? Is that what's going on here?

Last edited by TheReverend; 10-03-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #5423
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Oh and yes, my bad. I definitely whiffed on Clay Mathews. I thought he was roiding with his pal Cushing (and I still think he likely was/is) considering the quantum leap in ability, size and speed in one off-season.

Btw, that was another thing I nailed. Cushing popping for roids. Put it on the board, bro.

If you want embarrassing posts or times I was wrong, just ask. Like I said, I don't mind being wrong at all. Happy to just show you.

The "wouldn't trade Cutler for Manning one because we drafted him and he was ours" is probably my worst hour. Feel free to look that up.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #5424
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I also called RGIII a 4th round pick

To be fair I said it was because I didn't think his play-style and body would hold up in the NFL, so it's a partial hit, but when healthy he's amazing so yes, incredibly embarrassing football take unless he never recovers.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #5425
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What? The only thread I've EVER bumped to show I was right was last week's football write-up and I only did that because it was late, posted a couple hours before the game and not many people got to see and read it.

If I wanted to thump my chest, I'd spend every ****ing podcast talking about how spot on I was last week, bump threads about every DB I've spoken about (from nailing Alford back when he was a UDFA prospect, to the entire 2012 draft class), bump discussion about Cedric Thornton a UDFA DT who is now a starting DL and one of the few to sack Manning, an OM mock draft record that ****s on every GM in the league, and so so so much more. In fact, I woke up to a rep from Taco regarding this post back at the start of last season when Denver was on a losing streak and everyone was hand-wringing:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...3&postcount=11

As far as Clairborne, yes, you used him to claim Peterson had a terrible first game, meanwhile almost every catch you cited to be "Steve Smith destroying him" was either actually against another player or incredibly well covered.

People think I think I'm right all the time because I'm right almost all the ****ing time. If I actually did bump threads and shove it in people's faces, it'd be inherently obnoxious.

Answer honestly:

Do you have a crush on me? Is that what's going on here?
Awesome post thanks for the entertainment. I know that is how you really feel. BTW you do spend half of the podcast talking about yourself I just never bring it up because I like them and I know it is a lot of work to do them. Smith did destroy PP but we are done talking about that. Anyways I just learned this last week you don't need facts to argue a point you can just say Somebody told me and it's none of your business.