The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #5376
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah whoever fed you that was probably at the very least exaggerating. You are literally the only person in the world I have heard that from and from the endless documentaries and exposÚs that have since emerged about the process and how Peyton got here, there is nothing indicating Arizona was a favorite at all. There was more pointing toward us, the Titans and even the Niners than the Cards.
Those things only came out because they had to drop out early due to the Kolb contract.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #5377
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's none of your business.
It's because it is made up.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #5378
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It's because it is made up.
Dude, not only do I have zero reason to lie to you, but I also don't care if you believe me.

That's a two-pronged end to this stupid discussion.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #5379
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Dude, not only do I have zero reason to lie to you, but I also don't care if you believe me.

That's a two-pronged end to this stupid discussion.
It is a stupid discussion that you keep digging a deeper hole. Sorry but you are wrong about this. Manning cut them off early into the process. You are literally the only person in the world I have heard make this statement. Since whatever you say is the gospel though it has to be true.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #5380
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
It is a stupid discussion that you keep digging a deeper hole. Sorry but you are wrong about this. Manning cut them off early into the process. You are literally the only person in the world I have heard make this statement. Since whatever you say is the gospel though it has to be true.
I'm not digging anything. You're welcome to take it or leave it. I still don't care.

You're in a blind rage over a tiny detail because your bump backfired
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #5381
Kaylore
Genetically Superior
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Because I am better.

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,285

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Don't forget the Chiefs
/Phone rings

Tom Condon: "CAA, this is Tom."

Pioli: "Tom! This is Scott Pioli! I was wondering if we could talk to you about Peyton's recent unemployment. I think the Chiefs could really make for a nice..."

Tom Condon: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Pioli: "........"

Condon: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAH" /click
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #5382
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
The Tebow zealots are getting nervous. You can tell by how they lash out almost uncontrolably.
This is why there are "call out" threads...because Missouribronc was right.

Tebow nuthuggers were so butthurt over Manning being pursued they lashed out at any and all who dared to want Manning in a Broncos uniform
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #5383
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I'm not digging anything. You're welcome to take it or leave it. I still don't care.

You're in a blind rage over a tiny detail because your bump backfired
Tiny rage . Bump just showed the funny comments that you made were funny and has you making up info that you can't back up. Good Job REV you are the man. Since you said Manning told Whiz he wanted to be a Cardinal it is 110% true.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 10-01-2013 at 01:23 PM..
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #5384
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,151

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
This post still makes me laugh. This clown should've voluntarily left this site.
I would have if you (or anyone) had the sack to take the bet. I love the revisionist history that's rife in this thread.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #5385
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tiny rage . Bump just showed the funny comments that you made were funny and has you making up info that you can't back up. Good Job REV you are the man. Since you said Manning told Whiz he wanted to be a Cardinal it is 110% true.
Again I still don't care. I don't know what to tell you here. It's a two-and-a-half year old irrelevant discussion where I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Just answering your questions, bud.

-I've never said a bad word about Manning.

-I've never said Tebow was better than Manning.

-I liked and still like Tebow and think he's an effective player.

Not embarrassed about any of that, so what are you going for?

Maybe if you just come out and tell me I can help you achieve your goal here?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #5386
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I would have if you (or anyone) had the sack to take the bet. I love the revisionist history that's rife in this thread.
You still mad, bro?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #5387
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,228
Default

I'm just glad tebow is gone. Thank you John Elway.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #5388
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,541

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Here's a legitimate question:

Right now I feel we have the best football team that I've ever seen. We're having our way with opposing teams however we'd like.

Yet despite this, some of you still just want to talk about Tebow years later?

Is the team so good it's boring for you? Do you need to find some way to try to be divisive and create drama when none is present? Was the turmoil so exciting you need it?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #5389
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Manning never was going to play in AZ. Bullsh-t.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #5390
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

I failed on Punisher's thread. Weird because I have always loved Manning but maybe there was the chance of getting Luck? Who knows but I sang a different tune once we wanted him.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 10-01-2013 at 04:03 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #5391
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..
 
Jekyll15Hyde's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Here's a legitimate question:

Right now I feel we have the best football team that I've ever seen. We're having our way with opposing teams however we'd like.

Yet despite this, some of you still just want to talk about Tebow years later?

Is the team so good it's boring for you? Do you need to find some way to try to be divisive and create drama when none is present? Was the turmoil so exciting you need it?
Its because there are still a$$clowns who show up from time to time, seemingly unaware that Tebow bombed out of the league with claims of how he still won more playoff games than PFM, etc. This idiocity must not be tolerated.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:42 PM   #5392
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,910
Default

Elway is the man

Trevathon for Tebow

Might be the best deal this side of Manning
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #5393
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: St Augustine, FL
Posts: 7,374

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Elway is the man

Trevathon for Tebow

Might be the best deal this side of Manning
Don't forget that we traded Matt Willis to the Pats for Welker this year.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #5394
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,228
Default

The worst thing for tebow is that he might have a job... if it weren't for his 'fans'.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #5395
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,538

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
The worst thing for tebow is that he might have a job... if it weren't for his 'fans'.
That could be but I think just 1% of it is on Tebow and his inability to perform as a NFL QB.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #5396
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
That could be but I think just 1% of it is on Tebow and his inability to perform as a NFL QB.
He isn't any good. But Jacks could make money on him.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #5397
Shananahan
Custom User Title
 
Shananahan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 986
Default

The amount of insecurity in this thread is hilarious.

Time to lock it up and put it on the shelf.
Shananahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #5398
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,559

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

I don't believe that the Cards were a serious contender for Manning. Nor the Niners for that matter. We saw this year how PM really dislikes playing against Eli, and he knew the NFL would force a re-match each year.

Besides, after he met with the Cards and saw the bind they were in with QB's & OL, and their contracts, he probably thought better of it. Also, I think he confirmed that Harbaugh was a total a-hole after meeting him.

Besides, Vic Lombardi & Chris Mortensen knew all along that Manning favored the Broncos from the beginning, but had to be cryptic about it to respect the source.

I think Vic was getting his info probably straight from Elway. Vic hosted a weekly tv show with him and played golf. He probably has his cell number. Mortensen shares the same agent as Manning does. That is his source.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #5399
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,619
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I don't believe that the Cards were a serious contender for Manning. Nor the Niners for that matter. We saw this year how PM really dislikes playing against Eli, and he knew the NFL would force a re-match each year.
How would this be possible? The entire NFL schedule is a set formula...there are no games chosen by opinion or some random chance.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #5400
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,559

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
How would this be possible? The entire NFL schedule is a set formula...there are no games chosen by opinion or some random chance.
I believe there are 2 games in your conference that are like a wildcard. I could be wrong on this, but I think that is true, or at least it used to be. Besides, ginger hammer would make sure of it.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 PM.


Denver Broncos