The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #4676
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

This is like the LeBron fiasco. All that's left is a Rick Reilly hosted ESPN special to announce it. Favre+LeBron=Manning.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #4677
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
Wasn't it Mort who said shanny was going to coach the chefs?
Mort's been all over the place on this as well.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #4678
vanbrugh
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The cap room is nearer 52m with players unsigned
vanbrugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #4679
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos-rock View Post
Wasn't it Mort who said shanny was going to coach the chefs?
No offense to you, but at this point, I could give a crap what Mort thinks. That MnFer has made my head hurt all day today and yesterday with his caterwallin' and I frankly want to end him.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #4680
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
If his back holds out then I'll give you decent.
This is the whole problem with Free Agency in the first place. For the most part, you're either buying unknown quantities, or you're buying damaged goods.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #4681
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I prefer Mario. We can haggle over price but notice Mario didn't string it along for a week while giving maybes and vagaries? Our squad is getting pumped and dumped and if Manning ends up in Denver it is because it was the last, best option but never his first choice.
String what along he just became the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #4682
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
String what along he just became the highest paid defensive player in the history of the NFL.
But he was decisive about it.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #4683
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
nobel of him...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #4684
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
As a corollary: if you think Tebow sux4life, you tend to think this team is a Super Bowl contender that's just a quarterback away from a possibly dynasty.

at Walton and Beadles blocking for Peyton.
Just wait til you see the gameplan that's going to use UFA linebackers to shut down HernandGronk.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #4685
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Just wait til you see the gameplan that's going to use UFA linebackers to shut down HernandGronk.
Wait until you see the Broncos defense try to be a shutdown defense when they're getting into shootouts every week.

I'm not saying it would be bad to score points early and often, but part of the reason the defense looked better this year is Foxball put them in a bunch of conservative chess matches where neither team wanted to blink first.

When you get a lead, you have to be able to stop the other team's best shot, letting it rip.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #4686
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
nobel of him...
I accept these guys chasing the pay day but FFS pull the trigger.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #4687
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
It been 3 days since FA started.....At what speed would you like him to make a decision that will impact him, his legacy and his family just to make you warm and fuzzy?

Did you choose your college in 1 day? Ever decided between 12 job offers with complex working relationships in hours? Decide to marry within minutes?

I believe if the Broncos or the Titans were ruled out, he would have let the team know. Just like the Fins and Cards. Sorry if the process isn't on your instant gratification timeline.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:43 PM   #4688
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Wasn't one of the nuthuggers biggest arguments for switching QB's heading into this past season was because they said Tebow playing QB would INCREASE our scoring?

Now, scoring points don't matter when we struggle to do so.....

Ahh, the irony.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #4689
USMCBladerunner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
It been 3 days since FA started.....At what speed would you like him to make a decision that will impact him, his legacy and his family just to make you warm and fuzzy?

Did you choose your college in 1 day? Ever decided between 12 job offers with complex working relationships in hours? Decide to marry within minutes?

I believe if the Broncos or the Titans were ruled out, he would have let the team know. Just like the Fins and Cards. Sorry if the process isn't on your instant gratification timeline.
Boom.
USMCBladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #4690
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post

It has been a week of this.

Second, it's not like this has been sprung on him out of nowhere. He's so thorough but did no prep? BS.

Third, he's been in the league for 14 years, I think he has a pretty good baseline on these teams. If not then he should do some prep,

Fourth, his agent has been through this countless times before. This is nothing new to him.

Which brings me to being jerked around. Either he's in or out. If I had been in college for 14 years I would have a damn clear idea where my next one would be. I made the decision to marry my wife in an instant and I wasn't dating her for 14 years beforehand. I do anything for 14 years I can clear a major decision in that field in under a week.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #4691
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Wasn't one of the nuthuggers biggest arguments for switching QB's heading into this past season was because they said Tebow playing QB would INCREASE our scoring?

Now, scoring points don't matter when we struggle to do so.....

Ahh, the irony.....
Naw, but you've never been able to follow a simple point, so I won't bother trying to explain it in simpler words.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #4692
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
Wait until you see the Broncos defense try to be a shutdown defense when they're getting into shootouts every week.

I'm not saying it would be bad to score points early and often, but part of the reason the defense looked better this year is Foxball put them in a bunch of conservative chess matches where neither team wanted to blink first.

When you get a lead, you have to be able to stop the other team's best shot, letting it rip.
Fox's gameplan was to go 3 and out the most in the NFL, good call
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #4693
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Fox's gameplan was to go 3 and out the most in the NFL, good call
You think so? I disagree, that makes no sense.

Nor does it follow from what I posted.

Here's a hint -- the post is about the defense, not the offense.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #4694
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It has been a week of this.

Second, it's not like this has been sprung on him out of nowhere. He's so thorough but did no prep? BS.

Third, he's been in the league for 14 years, I think he has a pretty good baseline on these teams. If not then he should do some prep,

Fourth, his agent has been through this countless times before. This is nothing new to him.

Which brings me to being jerked around. Either he's in or out. If I had been in college for 14 years I would have a damn clear idea where my next one would be. I made the decision to marry my wife in an instant and I wasn't dating her for 14 years beforehand. I do anything for 14 years I can clear a major decision in that field in under a week.
For real. Manning knew months ago he wouldn't be a Colt as did every football fan across the States. He is a shrewd tactician and is playing everyone working his way right toward what he has wanted all along.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #4695
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I made the decision to marry my wife in an instant and I wasn't dating her for 14 years beforehand.
this is probably why the US divorce rate is hovering around 50 percent

peyton manning's job while employed by the Colts was not to fish around the league to see where he'd go next. and even if it was, the NFL is not exactly your average work place. the turnover is ridiculous and the top team one year is the bottom the next. I don't think Peyton Manning gives the tinniest **** about the anxiety of the twitterverse. He'll sign somewhere when he makes a decision.

I mean christ, I applied to PhD programs this year and if any of them had told me to give them a decision in a week I would have told them to **** off. and this is a field where the schools hold 100% of the leverage.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #4696
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is the whole problem with Free Agency in the first place. For the most part, you're either buying unknown quantities, or you're buying damaged goods.
Exactly.

Which is a big reason why I am against this 'win now' mode we're on the brink of.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #4697
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
this is probably why the US divorce rate is hovering around 50 percent

peyton manning's job while employed by the Colts was not to fish around the league to see where he'd go next. and even if it was, the NFL is not exactly your average work place. the turnover is ridiculous and the top team one year is the bottom the next. I don't think Peyton Manning gives the tinniest **** about the anxiety of the twitterverse. He'll sign somewhere when he makes a decision.

I mean christ, I applied to PhD programs this year and if any of them had told me to give them a decision in a week I would have told them to **** off. and this is a field where the schools hold 100% of the leverage.
What you don't know about me could stun a team of oxen in their tracks so STFU when it comes to **** you don't know or understand.

You act like Peyton existed in a vacuum, he didn't. He's no babe in the woods he has been around the league for over a decade. He's talked to other players' coaches and I guarantee they've talked about thr pros and cons of various clubs.

Did you have a pretty good idea of the programs you wanted to apply to? Did you do some research and due diligence ahead of time? Did you linger in undergrad for 14 years? Do some programs have better reputations than others? Did you prioritize where you want to go? Yeah, all **** a thinking man does well before decision time and I guarantee PM had this **** in hand. Now is an exercise in pumping ego and bank accounts. Our guys need to show some nut. He who can walk away controls the deal.

Last edited by RaiderH8r; 03-16-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #4698
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Darren McKee (@dmac1043)
3/16/12 7:01 PM
“@dwest1221: @dmac1043 bronks r good ms Stokely and msmanning getting housing and daycare for the twins”seriously? Can't doubt you again!

This is from the same guy who told everyone about manning throwing to stokely in the park a couple days before it was news. Supposedly he is neighbors with stokely
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #4699
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Darren McKee (@dmac1043)
3/16/12 7:01 PM
“@dwest1221: @dmac1043 bronks r good ms Stokely and msmanning getting housing and daycare for the twins”seriously? Can't doubt you again!

This is from the same guy who told everyone about manning throwing to stokely in the park a couple days before it was news. Supposedly he is neighbors with stokely
His connection to our city through Stokely and Helton are the biggest thing we have going for us outside of Elway.

Also...who knows. Perhaps Ms. Manning is really, really good friends with Ms. Stokely. Might supersede any desire to go to Tennessee. Wouldn't that be something...if she was for Denver all along.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #4700
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Dan West@dwest1221 @dmac1043 I'm told it's sf or den. Tenn is just a courtesy.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF F***** YOU SAN FRANCISCO!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote