The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #4651
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

http://helloflight.com/Flight.Cfm?flight=OPT978
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #4652
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
But none of this is even remotely true. It's just you barking belligerently into a keyboard. We have no idea how this is going to turn out.
I have no problem with this exercise failing but the way it is failing is so utterly predictable. Peyton's high maintenance and is being courted like the prize pig at the state fair and our guys are chasing this at the expense of all else. It hasn't bitten us hard yet but that time is rapidly approaching. Just because EFX put FA on hold for their courtship doesn't mean anyone else will.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #4653
Drunken.Broncoholic

Lost in all this is Bunkley. But I guess no one is calling his phone? Maybe the longer they wait if there's no interest in him they can lower their offer?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #4654
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Lost in all this is Bunkley. But I guess no one is calling his phone? Maybe the longer they wait if there's no interest in him they can lower their offer?
Pat Bidwell and EFX are getting us value.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #4655
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Whos plane is this?
Old 03-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #4656
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
The complaint is simple TJ

They put everything else on hold for Manning.

When a team has near $50m in caproom you expect them to be at least a little aggresive in free agency, yet we put every other position on the team on the backburner, now I can live with that with offensive personnel but not defensive, because the acquistion of Manning shouldn't affect the defense in anyway whatsoever.

We are currently sitting with 2 DT starters who played 0 games between them last year and both are major injury concerns, we still have Andre Goodman as a starting CB, Dawkins by all accounts is retiring, sure we brought in an average safety to compete with Moore but it is nowhere near good enough. LB concerns across the board aside from Von Miller, the list is endless and although signing McClain would be a start the 2 other players Trufant and Hayes were 2 of the worst starters at their position in the league last year and Trufant has a serious injury history.

My point is if you want Manning in to win you a Superbowl you better strengthen other areas of the team, Denver haven't even looked near that at any level worth making note of.

I guess I just don't have any problem putting everything on hold to risk getting Manning. I'm pumped that we're doing it. If we lose, we lose. There's plenty of free agency left, even if we're not overpaying for Mario Williams.

I think that you're right that we have plenty of holes to fill, but I don't understand this idea that we've done nothing to begin to address them. We've got free agents coming in - including a great CB and a great prospect MLB, we've signed a safety, and there's more to come on top of a draft.

I can't understand why all the piss about this.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #4657
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Whos plane is this?
My guess, the returning hero's that didn't sign anyone today.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #4658
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
My guess, the returning hero's that didn't sign anyone today.
All hail the triumphant return of Larry, Mo, Curly, and Shemp. All hail President Skroob!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #4659
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I guess I just don't have any problem putting everything on hold to risk getting Manning. I'm pumped that we're doing it. If we lose, we lose. There's plenty of free agency left, even if we're not overpaying for Mario Williams.

I think that you're right that we have plenty of holes to fill, but I don't understand this idea that we've done nothing to begin to address them. We've got free agents coming in - including a great CB and a great prospect MLB, we've signed a safety, and there's more to come on top of a draft.

I can't understand why all the piss about this.
No offense TJ but you must be using a tardis if you think Trufant is a great CB, try used to be great now done CB.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #4660
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I bet the Broncos would have issues getting players to sign anyway, who wants to play with a piece of **** like Tebow?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #4661
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I don't think they ever intended to go after the high-priced people like Williams, Nicks, Jackson, etc. Even if Manning had never entered the picture.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #4662
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"8:00 pm Chri$ Morten$en reported on ESPN that he is 51% sure that Manning would pick a team by 4pm on Monday; further, when he was pressed with a guess on which team it would be, he picked Denver.

Mortensen sat on the 49ers info all week long, he's in bed with CAA, and is probably being fed information from Manning's camp. Hard to imagine he guesses wrong"
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #4663
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I don't think they ever intended to go after the high-priced people like Williams, Nicks, Jackson, etc. Even if Manning had never entered the picture.
Who cares about the high priced people? Why can't we sign the younger starter with upside types like McClain or Soliai? Why aren't we going after guys like Jones, Okoye, etc.?
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #4664
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
No offense TJ but you must be using a tardis if you think Trufant is a great CB, try used to be great now done CB.
I probably would have been better using the word "solid" rather than great. Either way, the point still stands.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #4665
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
The whole thing is giving me a headache...
You almost perfectly encapsulated my confusion with this post.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #4666
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
I probably would have been better using the word "solid" rather than great. Either way, the point still stands.
If his back holds out then I'll give you decent.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #4667
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I have no problem with this exercise failing but the way it is failing is so utterly predictable. Peyton's high maintenance and is being courted like the prize pig at the state fair and our guys are chasing this at the expense of all else. It hasn't bitten us hard yet but that time is rapidly approaching. Just because EFX put FA on hold for their courtship doesn't mean anyone else will.

Just trying to understand what the issue is... are you saying you're fine with free agency the way the FO has gone about it other than their pursuit of Manning? Say... if they'd spent the $90 million on Williams instead?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #4668
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Who cares about the high priced people? Why can't we sign the younger starter with upside types like McClain or Soliai? Why aren't we going after guys like Jones, Okoye, etc.?
That wouldn't bother me if we were but I haven't come across any links to Jones or Okoye aside from Kils speculation before FA.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #4669
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
They tried to sign Soliai, he took a home town discount. They can still go after Jones and Okoye.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #4670
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

So more importantly what's the over/under on the pages on this thread before 18 gets his head out of his ass and signs for us
Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #4671
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Considering the number of Tebow fans pretending to be bronco fans... I'm not real surprised by the reaction.
This is of course a moronic way to spin the issue but it does touch on it. It all splits on Tebow. If you think Tim has a chance to be a long time starter, you're going to be much slower to pull the trigger on any sort of Mangini Gambit.

If you think Tebow sux4life, you'll take the chance for two years.

There are varying degrees inbetween. Some people think we can have both.

But it still all hinges on the same issue.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #4672
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Just trying to understand what the issue is... are you saying you're fine with free agency the way the FO has gone about it other than their pursuit of Manning? Say... if they'd spent the $90 million on Williams instead?
I prefer Mario. We can haggle over price but notice Mario didn't string it along for a week while giving maybes and vagaries? Our squad is getting pumped and dumped and if Manning ends up in Denver it is because it was the last, best option but never his first choice.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #4673
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
I feel you, but know this, Young players with high upside expect to be paid when they pan out. Not that that is a bad thing, but you do have to take that into account. I think the Broncos want to go long in the Draft in the next couple of years if they get manning and Begin to build for 3 years from now as well as now. Which is the smart thing to do, and not many teams have the cap space to both build and win. We are in a good spot here. No reason to go absolutely crazy in the FA market until we know we have a legit shot at taking it all.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #4674
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"8:00 pm Chri$ Morten$en reported on ESPN that he is 51% sure that Manning would pick a team by 4pm on Monday; further, when he was pressed with a guess on which team it would be, he picked Denver.

Mortensen sat on the 49ers info all week long, he's in bed with CAA, and is probably being fed information from Manning's camp. Hard to imagine he guesses wrong"
Wasn't it Mort who said shanny was going to coach the chefs?
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #4675
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This is of course a moronic way to spin the issue but it does touch on it. It all splits on Tebow. If you think Tim has a chance to be a long time starter, you're going to be much slower to pull the trigger on any sort of Mangini Gambit.

If you think Tebow sux4life, you'll take the chance for two years.

There are varying degrees inbetween. Some people think we can have both.

But it still all hinges on the same issue.
As a corollary: if you think Tebow sux4life, you tend to think this team is a Super Bowl contender that's just a quarterback away from a possibly dynasty.

at Walton and Beadles blocking for Peyton.