The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #4601
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
EFX is feeding people like Klis (and others) That's why they sound so sure about themselves while often being completely wrong.
only non-idiotic thing you've said in about three months
extralife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #4602
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
i think the 15-18 is after rogers, but I could be wrong
I haven't been able to find a straight answer on that. I'm going under the assumption it is. I don't believe that number accounts for Randy Moss. Or maybe that's why the number is so often cited as $15-$18.

I wish there was one centralized salary cap resource. It's such an important part of the game - why can't the league get this stuff right and out in the open?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #4603
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
At least they were kind of discreet.
Discreet? They have a contract offer for smith on the table before manning sweepstakes started. Baalke said they were NOT interested in manning then. Smith has made no effort to sign it. So they put on pressure. This doesn't look like discreet genius play to me. It sounds pretty standard for Jed York.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #4604
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I hate our FO. the only thing they do well is step on their own *****.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #4605
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So they said "we are behind Alex smith 100%" SEVERAL times this offseason.

Didnt tebowites get upset after the broncos front office did the same thing by saying tebows "our guy"
I can see what you're saying, in spirit.

But Alex was a free agent. He had a contract put in front of him and he didn't sign it. Had he done so, the 49ers wouldn't be in this game.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #4606
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I haven't been able to find a straight answer on that. I'm going under the assumption it is. I don't believe that number accounts for Randy Moss. Or maybe that's why the number is so often cited as $15-$18.

I wish there was one centralized salary cap resource. It's such an important part of the game - why can't the league get this stuff right and out in the open?
agreed. the article I linked was from this morning thats why im assuming its after all that.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #4607
extralife
Ring of Famer

The Niners are the best team by far, they have a legacy better than ours and a fan base almost as good, their coach is another ex-Colt QB who just spent years in the college game learning how to recruit, and you're nuts if you don't think Randy Moss will play hard for Peyton Manning. With Peyton they aren't just super bowl favorites, they are a solid step ahead of the Packers and two steps ahead of everyone else. If they don't **** it up, there is no reason for Peyton to even consider anywhere else. Alex Smith overestimating his own value after years and years of awful play and a choke job in the NFCG is the best thing he's ever done for the Niners.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #4608
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I can see what you're saying, in spirit.

But Alex was a free agent. He had a contract put in front of him and he didn't sign it. Had he done so, the 49ers wouldn't be in this game.
Thats the thing. They are interested as a result of a reaction, not cause they were truly 100% interested in manning.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 03-16-2012 at 03:39 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #4609
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
The Niners are the best team by far, they have a legacy better than ours and a fan base almost as good, their coach is another ex-Colt QB who just spent years in the college game learning how to recruit, and you're nuts if you don't think Randy Moss will play hard for Peyton Manning. With Peyton they aren't just super bowl favorites, they are a solid step ahead of the Packers and two steps ahead of everyone else. If they don't **** it up, there is no reason for Peyton to even consider anywhere else. Alex Smith overestimating his own value after years and years of awful play and a choke job in the NFCG is the best thing he's ever done for the Niners.
You can polish them all you want. They still play in the highway 101 toilet bowl.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #4610
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You can polish them all you want. They still play in the highway 101 toilet bowl.
Oh, and I forgot: if he sticks around, he'll even get to christen a new stadium. And then win a super bowl in it.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #4611
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
EFX is feeding people like Klis (and others) That's why they sound so sure about themselves while often being completely wrong. They're only getting one side of the story, and it's because our FO is blabbing all over town.

I think it's a mistake to believe that Klis is only talking to one source. Klis talks to a LOT of sources - and from what I like to hear, Klis likes to talk. If i were to take an educated guess, it would be that Klis talks to Xanders - probably has him on text and cell. He, of course, talks to everyone at the Post including Woody and Kisla, all of which have contacts of their own. I'm sure he's got some inroads with some agents - whether he has a direct line to Condon or not - I couldn't guess. Some of the agents have specific go-to guys (ie. Schefter). I'm certain he talks to Les Shapiro, who if you follow Les at all, it's pretty clear to me that he talks to Elway himself. I'm also sure that Klis has reporter contacts in other cities. He's getting a lot of input to process.

I get it though - people bashed Schefter when he was here; some of it was deserved. It goes with the territory. Frankly, I like the job Klis does. I think he's a good home local reporter, who like Schefter, people will miss when he's gone.

Last edited by Taco John; 03-16-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Old 03-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #4612
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
only non-idiotic thing you've said in about three months
Thanks man. Progress!
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #4613
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot: if he sticks around, he'll even get to christen a new stadium. And then win a super bowl in it.
You are saying Peytons gonna be playing in 2015? You are crazy to think they will even finish that stadium by then with all the regulations in Cali.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #4614
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
for only 2 more years
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #4615
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing our guys get out of this with some dignity.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #4616
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

The whole thing is giving me a headache.

49ers have an offer on the table for Smith at the same time that they are secretly flirting with Peyton (despite the fact that Smith and Manning have the same agent).

Ouch.

When exactly did this secret workout take place? Wasn't Manning in Nashville that day? Is that why his trip was delayed?

Ouch.

Where is SF finding the cap space? Oh, and they not only signed Moss, but are also bringing in Manningham and Lloyd as well?

Ouch.

Bud Adams basically tells the world that he's going to circumvent the salary cap by giving Peyton a future office job, but the only jobs that pay that much are the jobs of the guys ordered to recruit him?

Ouch.

Manning tells Miami they are out on Thursday, but the Cards aren't eliminated until Friday, at the last moment.

Ouch.

Denver's front office drops everything to fly out and do a physical, and when it's over, Manning's body language says "hey let's just be friends"

What?

Denver is still in it. But no they aren't because SF is an automatic super bowl favorite. But they don't have money. But Denver does. But suddenly SF does too. And the Titans see it all as a courtesy, because he can't turn them down without being a turncoat / traitor even though he's spent his whole career beating them up.

And meanwhile, Denver, which has the 2d most salary room of any team in the NFL, has signed one lower to middle level free safety. And they aren't the least concerned.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #4617
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
You are saying Peytons gonna be playing in 2015? You are crazy to think they will even finish that stadium by then with all the regulations in Cali.
Odds are good he won't be around for it's opening, but he may be. In the meantime, the Broncos don't have that question, so it's a good point.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #4618
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Discreet? They have a contract offer for smith on the table before manning sweepstakes started. Baalke said they were NOT interested in manning then. Smith has made no effort to sign it. So they put on pressure. This doesn't look like discreet genius play to me. It sounds pretty standard for Jed York.

The way most are spinning it, Smith didn't sign the contract because he has the same agent as Peyton, and was advised to wait. If the deal is small enough, they could deal Smith if they were able to land Manning.

Smith is on record as sayin the 3 year deal is fair....so, why not sign it?....

Smith doesn't want to sign until the Manning thing is decided.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #4619
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

49ers have an offer on the table for Smith at the same time that they are secretly flirting with Peyton (despite the fact that Smith and Manning have the same agent).

Ouch.

When exactly did this secret workout take place? Wasn't Manning in Nashville that day? Is that why his trip was delayed?

Ouch.

Where is SF finding the cap space? Oh, and they not only signed Moss, but are also bringing in Manningham and Lloyd as well?

Ouch.

Bud Adams basically tells the world that he's going to circumvent the salary cap by giving Peyton a future office job, but the only jobs that pay that much are the jobs of the guys ordered to recruit him?

Ouch.

Manning tells Miami they are out on Thursday, but the Cards aren't eliminated until Friday, at the last moment.

Ouch.

Denver's front office drops everything to fly out and do a physical, and when it's over, Manning's body language says "hey let's just be friends"

What?

Denver is still in it. But no they aren't because SF is an automatic super bowl favorite. But they don't have money. But Denver does. But suddenly SF does too. And the Titans see it all as a courtesy, because he can't turn them down without being a turncoat / traitor even though he's spent his whole career beating them up.

And meanwhile, Denver, which has the 2d most salary room of any team in the NFL, has signed one lower to middle level free safety. And they aren't the least concerned.
But this flirtation didn't cost us anything, right? I hated this from the beginning. Elway just got drug around by his Johnson. I am stoked to hear about all the "value" we got out of FA.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #4620
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Peyton has to know what a huge risk John Elway is taking here. That's the message today had to carry:

'I've put my reputation and career here on the line here, and I have to most to lose if this falls through. I've been where you are, I know what it takes to go out on top, and I'm committed to taking you there. Here's our updated roadmap of free agency once you sign, along with a couple new ideas we want to run by you. And here is a $90 million dollar contract. Wanna toss the ball around for a bit?"
Old 03-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #4621
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Peyton has to know what a huge risk John Elway is taking here. That's the message today had to carry:

'I've put my reputation and career here on the line here, and I have to most to lose if this falls through. I've been where you are, I know what it takes to go out on top, and I'm committed to taking you there. Here's our updated roadmap of free agency once you sign, along with a couple new ideas we want to run by you. And here is a $90 million dollar contract. Wanna toss the ball around for a bit?"
Question is, does peyton care. I thought he was a class guy, but the longer this drags out, the more I wonder how much class he has.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #4622
extralife
Ring of Famer

For all the b****ing about FA, if we sign McClain, bring in a guy like Tolbert (or Bush!), sign a serviceable corner, re-sign Bunk, get a vet at QB, and bring in a depth pass-rusher--well, that's all we were ever going to do. What more do you want? Sign Manning and Clark and maybe Mike Wallace are in play. Or whoever SF doesn't get out of BLloyd and Manningham. We were never going to give Finnegan or Carr 10 million a year, or Nicks 8 million. We were never going to sign Mario Williams to a 90 million dollar deal.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #4623
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

Ouch.

What?

That about covers it.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #4624
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I hate our FO. the only thing they do well is step on their own *****.
I remain baffled about what this front office has done wrong, in this situation and in the general case.

I see a team that has gotten measurably better in the last 12 months. I see a front office attempting to make a big move (and not afraid to fail publically if that what it takes) to put this team over the top.

And yet it's a parade of b****ing here.

Color me confused.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #4625
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Agreed, Taco
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote