The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #401
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
PFT makes a good point....if this doesn't work, its going to make it alot more awkward for the FO/Tebow relationship than it already is. Be careful, John. If Manning is what they really want, they sure as hell better get him, or else there are going to be issues. I'm not sure Manning is a great idea at this point anyway, since I don't think we are one player away and he has just a couple years left anyway.
Same pitfalls as McKd's flirtation with Cassell.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #402
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

We can either keep bunting with Tebow or swing for the fences with Manning. If you can't complete 50% of your passes in this pass crazy day and age you simply don't belong.
phisig150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #403
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
PFT makes a good point....if this doesn't work, its going to make it alot more awkward for the FO/Tebow relationship than it already is. Be careful, John. If Manning is what they really want, they sure as hell better get him, or else there are going to be issues. I'm not sure Manning is a great idea at this point anyway, since I don't think we are one player away and he has just a couple years left anyway.
This is my concern as well. If they make a big push for Manning, how can they come back and claim that they believe in Tebow as the QBOTF? I'm sure Tebow would be a professional about it and not have his daddy turn in the playbook, but it couldn't be good for his confidence.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #404
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I'm not sure Manning is a great idea at this point anyway, since I don't think we are one player away and he has just a couple years left anyway.
Agree, but I don't think Manning would go to Denver without a larger overall plan to make some improvements. Since plenty of teams will be willing to throw large sums of $ at him he'll have the ability to have some other demands and stipulations.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #405
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I got a weird weird feeling their backup plan is to throw the farm at STL for RG3

just a weird feeling 0-10% of it happening but I am just use to crazy moves by our organization.

I'd rather have Manning.
Welcome to spring, 2009....maybe.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #406
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
This is my concern as well. If they make a big push for Manning, how can they come back and claim that they believe in Tebow as the QBOTF?
It's very possible that moving Tebow would be part of the whole deal from the get go. I've been saying for weeks that I'm not convinced Elway is sold on Tebow, and of course I've been bashed mercilessly for having this opinion.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #407
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I don't think even Tebow fans will disagree with this post.

The problem is the last sentence. If Lombardi is right and the Broncos traded Tebow, what happens if Manning does go down injured?

You're left with nothing.
well, seeing as how the guys who are "all in" with getting Manning are also mostly firmly anti-Tebow, i'm pretty sure their silver lining is that no matter what happens to Manning, it was worth it just to get rid of Tebow.

try to take Tebow out of the equation and explain how it still doesn't make sense and you might as well be teaching calculus to your dog.

this whole thread is very much about the idea that anybody other than Tebow is an improvement. hell, you could start a thread on why it makes sense to bring Jamarcus Russell out of retirement to replace Tebow and you'd have errand and bendog and mcdman and several others high fiving you over what a great idea that is.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #408
KO5K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, if Tebow were to be moved we'd have to go after a quality #2 guy. The whole move would initially raise as many questions as it answered. But I'll leave that up to EFX to sort out. They wouldn't go into such a thing blindly, and neither would Manning from at least a short term perspective and to a certain extent.
Thinking about it a bit more, I think the way they would protect themselves is by drafting a QB.

You bring in Manning and the FAs that come with him and you figure the team is championship worthy and so you draft a QB early, Tannehill or someone.

Then you've got the insurance in case Manning goes down.

EFX just better make sure Tebow doesn't become the QB some think he could become otherwise they're ****ed.

EDIT: KevinJames beat me to the same idea.

Last edited by KO5K; 03-07-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #409
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Welcome to spring, 2009....maybe.
lol bet you Tebow won't cry like Cutler did about rumors though
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #410
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
this whole thread is very much about the idea that anybody other than Tebow is an improvement.
That's a really lame and stupid take. Really weak. We're talking about Peyton Manning here, not "anybody". Really bad post.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #411
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

hell, you could start a thread on why it makes sense to bring Jamarcus Russell out of retirement to replace Tebow and you'd have errand and bendog and mcdman and several others high fiving you over what a great idea that is.[/QUOTE]

Is he under 300lb? Tempting. Probably have a higher completion percentage and still scrape up 8 wins just like his holiness
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #412
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
This is my concern as well. If they make a big push for Manning, how can they come back and claim that they believe in Tebow as the QBOTF? I'm sure Tebow would be a professional about it and not have his daddy turn in the playbook, but it couldn't be good for his confidence.
Yeah I dont think he appreciates these things.....especially how they seem to be occuring constantly. It creates the environment for a poor(er) relationship.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #413
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

Quote:
That's a really lame and stupid take. Really weak. We're talking about Peyton Manning here, not "anybody". Really bad post.
I like it Faux Johnny U versus Faux Jesus
Old 03-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #414
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
well, seeing as how the guys who are "all in" with getting Manning are also mostly firmly anti-Tebow, i'm pretty sure their silver lining is that no matter what happens to Manning, it was worth it just to get rid of Tebow.

try to take Tebow out of the equation and explain how it still doesn't make sense and you might as well be teaching calculus to your dog.

this whole thread is very much about the idea that anybody other than Tebow is an improvement. hell, you could start a thread on why it makes sense to bring Jamarcus Russell out of retirement to replace Tebow and you'd have errand and bendog and mcdman and several others high fiving you over what a great idea that is.
Prove it. There are two QBs that I guess would be a "possibility" that Denver could land Manning or Luck that I would take over Tebow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #415
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

I don't know about anyone is an improvement but I can name 33 QB improvements over Tebow at least
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #416
KO5K

Quote:
I wouldn't blame him.

You don't often see a player get treated as badly by his front office as Tebow has over the last year, especially considering what he's done for them.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #417
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
we're not talking about 30 year old Manning in his prime without injury.

we're talking about 36 year old Manning, who wants a ton of money, who missed all of last season, had multiple neck surgeries, and still can't even throw the ball with any velocity.

if we were talking about the 30 year version, i wouldn't say a word. but we're not. we're talking about the 36 year old version that is damaged goods. that's why i'm trying to convince you it's a bad idea. since you can't be convinced, i will stop. if Elway figures out a way to do this, it will come at a very high cost and will not end well. mark my words. i'll pull up this thread in 3 or 4 year's time and rub your nose in it, just like i would a puppy who pooped on the living room carpet.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #418
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisig150 View Post
I don't know about anyone is an improvement but I can name 33 QB improvements over Tebow at least
They aren't biting
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #419
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
I don't have a problem with how Cutler reacted (except that I wish he made even more incendiary comments about McD and Bowlen than he did) and I won't have a problem if Tebow is upset, either. It's natural to be upset (esp when you are being constantly slighted), although Tebow's greatest advantage here is the PR war, and I'm sure he'll brush it off publicly so as to continue to maintain the upper hand in that battle.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #420
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
I wouldn't blame him.

You don't often see a player get treated as badly by his front office as Tebow has over the last year, especially considering what he's done for them.
Exactly how have they treated him so badly?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #421
phisig150
Atwater Hit Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
They aren't biting
Any QB where we don't have to run the option 90%of the time or run up the middle on 3rd and 7 would be good by me.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #422
Jay3

This is all part of a massive trolling by Tebow.

Tebow always ends up with the "you mad" face.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #423
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
John Fox is intense, but he and John Elway wouldn’t jump in unless they would mold things for Manning. And we certainly know they are willing to move away from the offense Tim Tebow was running.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ty-for-manning
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #424
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Before talking about signing Manning...can we first see him throw first? We don't need damaged goods...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #425
Gort
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Prove it. There are two QBs that I guess would be a "possibility" that Denver could land Manning or Luck that I would take over Tebow.

errand and bendog and mcdman absolutely would applaud any move that gets rid of Tebow. they hate him. just read all of their posts from the past 3 or 4 months. oubronco is just as bad. there are a few others as well. there is no QB they wouldn't take as a replacement for Tebow. they would probably even prefer Ryan Leaf.