The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #3676
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, if its not gonna be Manning, it should be Tebow. He's earned it. But he really needs to step up his game.
I think he will, but if not, 2013 looks like a strong class now that Barkley and Jones have stayed behind.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #3677
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not happening. Tebow can't be replaced with just anyone.

It has to be a proven Championship-level producer or bust... especially if they strike out on their sellout to Manning. They won't have the credibility to do anything after that other than stay the course. Training camp champs need not apply.
Unfortunately I think TR is right
If Manning isn't here, Tebow will be the starter going into camp...but they will bring in a vet like Hasselbeck to "back him up" , and although he won't win the job in the first 3 days of camp , like last year, they'll slip Tebow back in depth, and will name the vet starter around the end of preseason.

It is now VERY clear that Elway sees Tebow as not in the teams long term plans, except for jersey sales.

The only good thing about this whole Manning thing is it dragged on and Jax signed Henne. Trade talks are not viable for them anymore. And, frankly, they are the only team that might have given us any value. So Tebow probably won't be traded THIS off season, unless he demands it. And that isn't his style.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #3678
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

No-one knows so sit tight and keep that ass clinched, no Bob aint lurking.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #3679
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,175

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Brandon Spano Show ‏ @BrandonSpano
BTW- Nobody has ANYTHING today around the nation. I have made all the calls, texts, emails. There is nothing. Manning's on lock down.


Is that because he is negotiating with ten or because he is taking a day to clear out and weigh his options? I think it's doer number two.

And if we remember my post from yesterday I think he tells us tomorrow morning we have landed the biggest fish in FA
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #3680
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Unfortunately I think TR is right
If Manning isn't here, Tebow will be the starter going into camp...but they will bring in a vet like Hasselbeck to "back him up" , and although he won't win the job in the first 3 days of camp , like last year, they'll slip Tebow back in depth, and will name the vet starter around the end of preseason.
This isn't what Tony is saying at all.

Quote:
It is now VERY clear that Elway sees Tebow as not in the teams long term plans, except for jersey sales.
I don't think pursuing Peyton Manning makes that clear at all. If they were pursuing Matt Flynn, you might have a bit of a point, but not with Manning, at all.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #3681
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So after being told all day that AZ is out of it, now they're back in it. This sh*t appears to have no end.

Relax. You're reminding me of a local radio guy called Dbag who hasn't taken a breath in three days because he's busy stalking Manning. When he decides what to do, you'all can breath again.

Last edited by bombay; 03-15-2012 at 06:14 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #3682
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This isn't what Tony is saying at all.

I don't think pursuing Peyton Manning makes that clear at all. If they were pursuing Matt Flynn, you might have a bit of a point, but not with Manning, at all.
"
Originally Posted by TonyR
I guarantee you the Broncos will acquire serious competition, if not an outright replacement, for Tim Tebow before the upcoming season starts. So if anyone is out to lunch you're there with them. And please note I'm not saying that's what I want them to do, or what they should do. But it's what they're going to do. Elway couldn't have telegraphed this any more clearly without outright announcing it."

Peyton Manning IS a special case...No problem with going after him and even Tebow will recognize that. It can be justified by anyone.

Flynn as a FA is an unknown quantity and would be hard to justify spending the jack he is going to get. No one in this category ( unproven vet QB) can legitimately be brought in due to the cost, and Tebows win in the playoff game.

But an experienced vet is something ALL teams like to have on their roster. Someone like Hasselbeck. We already have Weber. I doubt they can justify a high draft pick QB with our other needs.

But the point I get from Tonys post , and most should, is that Elway means to find another QB. I agree with him.

Manning being made a FA just happened to fit Elways thought all along. It gives him an easy way to justify it.

Plan B is to bring in the Vet. But it is the plan.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #3683
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Peyton Manning IS a special case...No problem with going after him and even Tebow will recognize that. It can be justified by anyone.
Manning is the only QB they've made a move for, which works against everything Tony is saying. I don't think anyone is saying we're not going to get a QB at some point. We have Weber as a backup and no one else.

However, the ONLY evidence so far (pursuing Manning) does nothing to support Tony's notion that Elway is hell bent on finding an outright replacement for Tebow.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #3684
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

This whole mess is like watching Peyton in a game...

Snap the damn ball, ahole!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3685
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,293
Default

9:26 pm Cecil Lammey exchanging tweets with DMac and getting a little irritated: @dmac1043 evaluators don't care about Tebow fans, it has more to do w/on field product, always does, anything else is media BS... I talk to every team in the league, NOT media guys...evaluators, scouts, front office guys - there's 0 market for TT
https://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey/s...64345409523712

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...mors-3-15-12-2
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #3686
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Manning is the only QB they've made a move for, which works against everything Tony is saying. I don't think anyone is saying we're not going to get a QB at some point. We have Weber as a backup and no one else.

However, the ONLY evidence so far (pursuing Manning) does nothing to support Tony's notion that Elway is hell bent on finding an outright replacement for Tebow.
It may seem that way. But it was no secret they heavily scouted QBs all year at the college ranks. Made QB their first priority in FA. Now if they make QB their first priority in the draft I can assume they are looking for a replacement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #3687
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It may seem that way. But it was no secret they heavily scouted QBs all year at the college ranks. Made QB their first priority in FA. Now if they make QB their first priority in the draft I can assume they are looking for a replacement.
^ I don't see how this could be any more clear. The dude is in complete denial. That or he just doesn't want to admit that he's wrong.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #3688
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Relax. You're reminding me of a local radio guy called Dbag who hasn't taken a breath in three days because he's busy stalking Manning. When he decides what to do, you'all can breath again.
Uh, okay? So why are you here? If you weren't interested in how this was all going to turn out you wouldn't be reading this thread or posting in it, right?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #3689
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ I don't see how this could be any more clear. The dude is in complete denial. That or he just doesn't want to admit that he's wrong.
I've said the samething.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #3690
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,373

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

9:15 pm DMac freaking out and needing Xanax: Not a good sign. Hutchison and manning same agent not a good sign. Listen anything can happen but read the tea leaves

DMac looks like Dilbert! I would never take seriously anything that dude says! Creepy looking MF!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #3691
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

I bet Peyton's that a-hole that stands in line at McDonald's for 15 minutes staring up at the menu like he's witnessing first contact with alien life and you're behind him, filled with rage and screaming in your head, "just pick something you cock socket! It is the same **** for 60 years. If the McRib were available the life size cutout would be here you irretrievable sphincter sniffer. Just order! ORDER! F it. I'm going to burger king."
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #3692
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer
 
ChampBailey24's Avatar
 
SALUTE

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,536

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

shannon sharpe ‏ @ShannonSharpe Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Broncos. RT @DylanFinnin @ShannonSharpe which team do u think would fit peyton manning the best?
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #3693
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 10,499

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
9:15 pm DMac freaking out and needing Xanax: Not a good sign. Hutchison and manning same agent not a good sign. Listen anything can happen but read the tea leaves

DMac looks like Dilbert! I would never take seriously anything that dude says! Creepy looking MF!
Is dmac our shill or the Titans'? I have lost track.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #3694
Butterscotch Stallion
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ I don't see how this could be any more clear. The dude is in complete denial. That or he just doesn't want to admit that he's wrong.
actually you are just touting your opinion as fact. when its fact then you can claim that you are right.

you are too stupid for message boards. opinion does not equal fact mmmkay?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #3695
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Manning is the only QB they've made a move for, which works against everything Tony is saying. I don't think anyone is saying we're not going to get a QB at some point. We have Weber as a backup and no one else.

However, the ONLY evidence so far (pursuing Manning) does nothing to support Tony's notion that Elway is hell bent on finding an outright replacement for Tebow.
I'm just saying that I think Tony's thought is right. Elway trying for Manning is irrelevant, and justifiable, if he comes at a reasonable cost. Too much ,and the money becomes a factor.
If he doesn't come here EFX will still bring in 1 or 2 QBs (vet and late pick). They have said as much. A vet Backup at 2-3 mill is not unusual (and Tebow is cheap now).

Elway said Tebow would be the starter going into camp. Also justifiable and normal. You win wour job against competition. He also said they were looking forward to working with Tebow through the off season and that he would personally work with Tebow.

We just have to wait and see. But, I seriously doubt that Tebow will be the starter after camp, no matter how he actually performs. I may be wrong... but the signs are that there is no confidence by Elway.
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #3696
BigCurly1230
Just Drafted
 
BigCurly1230's Avatar
 
Long time lurker

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 15

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Treadwell
Default

https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport

Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
On Manning - no, I don't believe has made decision or it is imminent. Negotiations with all teams alive part of process, like medicals.

Chris Mortensen ‏ @mortreport
RT @sportsfandj18: do you feel miami is out of it? >> Fact that activity with Matt Flynn seems to have picked up suggests Fins know status
BigCurly1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #3697
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 5,666

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I bet Peyton's that a-hole that stands in line at McDonald's for 15 minutes staring up at the menu like he's witnessing first contact with alien life and you're behind him, filled with rage and screaming in your head, "just pick something you cock socket! It is the same **** for 60 years. If the McRib were available the life size cutout would be here you irretrievable sphincter sniffer. Just order! ORDER! F it. I'm going to burger king."
ScottXray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #3698
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Uh, okay? So why are you here? If you weren't interested in how this was all going to turn out you wouldn't be reading this thread or posting in it, right?
Sure. I'm interested.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #3699
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That or he just doesn't want to admit that he's wrong.
That's the difference between me and you. I very may well be wrong, but I base my opinions on evidence that is actually there, not feelings.

And umm...Scouting college players absolutely does not provide the evidence you're so desperate for.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #3700
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
actually you are just touting your opinion as fact. when its fact then you can claim that you are right.

you are too stupid for message boards. opinion does not equal fact mmmkay?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...5&postcount=26

TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 PM.


Denver Broncos