The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #3576
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I guarantee you the Broncos will acquire serious competition, if not an outright replacement, for Tim Tebow before the upcoming season starts. So if anyone is out to lunch you're there with them. And please note I'm not saying that's what I want them to do, or what they should do. But it's what they're going to do. Elway couldn't have telegraphed this any more clearly without outright announcing it.
So you guarantee we're trading up for a QB?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #3577
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
It was Peyton Freaking Manning!!! No, you sure don't want them to do that type of move....but you are always posting the same stuff. You know squat of what Elway's next move is. We will sign a vet like they said. None of the available merits sitting Tebow. Enough already stick to your feelings. If you don't want Tebow starting just say it. Don't be such a p***Y about it...
Posting the same "stuff" about which I've been correct. I said Elway would work to find a replacement for Tebow and that has been his primary focus so far during FA. Do you disagree? And the only one whose feelings seem to be involved are yours based on the wounded trembles emanating from your post.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #3578
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
So you guarantee we're trading up for a QB?
Is "trading up" the only way to acquire a QB?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #3579
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Is "trading up" the only way to acquire a QB?
Either address something I said, or shut the hell up.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:05 PM   #3580
DomCasual
The Mad Dommer!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 15,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
lol wut?
Yeah, getting just one ring would totally suck.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #3581
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 28,127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Either address something I said, or shut the hell up.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #3582
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Posting the same "stuff" about which I've been correct. I said Elway would work to find a replacement for Tebow and that has been his primary focus so far during FA. Do you disagree? And the only one whose feelings seem to be involved are yours based on the wounded trembles emanating from your post.
I'll say it again... Peyton Manning. We all know he doesn't have the full support of the FO. His primary focus has been a Future HoFmer. Or are you blind and not able to analyze that? He will get 2 vets like he said...and probably draft one. But none of the available choices merits kicking Tebow out of the team. Are there some that can push him? Yes... will they? We won't find out until training camp.

Sorry you don't have it in you, to analyze something objectively.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #3583
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm sitting here laughing at all you jokers who are convinced he's a titan and now looking for the second best qb out there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3584
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'm sitting here laughing at all you jokers who are convinced he's a titan and now looking for the second best qb out there.
Yup... it's not over until it's over!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3585
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 66,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I guarantee you the Broncos will acquire serious competition, if not an outright replacement, for Tim Tebow before the upcoming season starts. So if anyone is out to lunch you're there with them. And please note I'm not saying that's what I want them to do, or what they should do. But it's what they're going to do. Elway couldn't have telegraphed this any more clearly without outright announcing it.
This is not the draft to go after a franchise QB if you don't have a shot at Luck or RGIII. I hope Elway doesn't do something out of the emotions that come from getting sodomized by an 89 year old crazy ass buzzard. Cool down. Take some deep breaths. Go back to the original plan. See if Tebow can show enough progress to deserve a long term investment. If not, look to next year. Reaching for a small handed A&M QB like Tannehill, or a guy who's already two years older than Rodgers in Weeden would be ridiculous.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3586
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Either address something I said, or shut the hell up.
So then you agree with me? Let's be clear here. I see clearly now that you adamantly believe we won't trade up, as if that's really the issue here, but do you think it's possible we draft a QB in the top half of the draft and/or acquire a FA QB? And why so sensitive?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #3587
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
But none of the available choices merits kicking Tebow out of the team.
I'm fully aware it's Peyton Manning, and I never said anything about kicking anybody "out of the team".
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:13 PM   #3588
srphoenix
Ring of Famer
 
srphoenix's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 1,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris Jr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This is not the draft to go after a franchise QB if you don't have a shot at Luck or RGIII. I hope Elway doesn't do something out of the emotions that come from getting sodomized by an 89 year old crazy ass buzzard. Cool down. Take some deep breaths. Go back to the original plan. See if Tebow can show enough progress to deserve a long term investment. If not, look to next year. Reaching for a small handed A&M QB like Tannehill, or a guy who's already two years older than Rodgers in Weeden would be ridiculous.
I agree completely, if we don't get Manning, best to let Tebow have his offseason of practice then see what he can do on the field. If he fails then we have a shot at the likes of Matt Barkley but reaching on a qb in this draft only sets the franchise back further.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #3589
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 32,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
I agree completely, if we don't get Manning, best to let Tebow have his offseason of practice then see what he can do on the field. If he fails then we have a shot at the likes of Matt Barkley but reaching on a qb in this draft only sets the franchise back further.
Pretty much
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #3590
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This is not the draft to go after a franchise QB if you don't have a shot at Luck or RGIII. I hope Elway doesn't do something out of the emotions that come from getting sodomized by an 89 year old crazy ass buzzard. Cool down. Take some deep breaths. Go back to the original plan. See if Tebow can show enough progress to deserve a long term investment. If not, look to next year. Reaching for a small handed A&M QB like Tannehill, or a guy who's already two years older than Rodgers in Weeden would be ridiculous.
I fully agree that's probably the saner, smarter approach. I'm far from certain that's the way Elway is going to approach it. But if we do next to nothing in FA perhaps that will signal he's taking the "suck for Barkley" (doesn't roll of the tongue like "suck for Luck") approach.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #3591
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So then you agree with me? Let's be clear here. I see clearly now that you adamantly believe we won't trade up, as if that's really the issue here, but do you think it's possible we draft a QB in the top half of the draft and/or acquire a FA QB? And why so sensitive?
Just waffle on, you get your panties in such a bunch just to argue with me that you can't even read or talk about anything.

We have Weber on the Roster as a backup. Of course they're going to find another QB. Do you consider yourself crafty for coming up with that?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #3592
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
I agree completely, if we don't get Manning, best to let Tebow have his offseason of practice then see what he can do on the field. If he fails then we have a shot at the likes of Matt Barkley but reaching on a qb in this draft only sets the franchise back further.
The sad part is we've already missed out on a ton of guys who could have made this team better because we have been waiting for Manning with our peckers in our hands.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #3593
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

ok...now this

Quote:
@VicLombardi: I think it's still a 3-horse race. Den-Tenn-Az. Until tomorrow afternoon, Cards still very much in this thing.
I can't take another day of being glued to the computer screen!!!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #3594
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
ok...now this
So after being told all day that AZ is out of it, now they're back in it. This sh*t appears to have no end.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #3595
Agamemnon
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The sad part is we've already missed out on a ton of guys who could have made this team better because we have been waiting for Manning with our peckers in our hands.
Par for the course for EFX.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #3596
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,930

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So after being told all day that AZ is out of it, now they're back in it. This sh*t appears to have no end.
It's all speculation!!!! I hate this ****!!! I hope this would end already so we can start regaining our sanity and start talking about the other parts of our team that need fixing!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #3597
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I'm sitting here laughing at all you jokers who are convinced he's a titan and now looking for the second best qb out there.
Rack this post for when it's official
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:26 PM   #3598
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 11,217

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
my bad
No worries. These are crazy times we're living in.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #3599
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 25,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Just waffle on, you get your panties in such a bunch just to argue with me that you can't even read or talk about anything.

We have Weber on the Roster as a backup. Of course they're going to find another QB. Do you consider yourself crafty for coming up with that?
So then you still disagree with me that Elway isn't sold on Tebow, like you did here:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=137

So yes, I'll "waffle on" about something on which I was completely correct, and you were completely wrong. You started this argument, not me.

And whose panties are in such a bunch, here?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #3600
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 13,042

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So then you still disagree with me that Elway isn't sold on Tebow, like you did here:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...&postcount=137

So yes, I'll "waffle on" about something on which I was completely correct, and you were completely wrong. You started this argument, not me.

And whose panties are in such a bunch, here?
I'm talking about your waffling on Manning; "I love him"... 23 hours later "FUC@ MANNING!".

You holding up the pursuit of Peyton Manning as proof that Elway is desperate to be rid of Tebow is hilarious.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Denver Broncos