The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3526
jsco70
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 484
Default

As this finally plays out, I am hardly ready pull the shades down and cry in bed all day if he goes to TN. It would have been great to get Manning, but I shared the concerns of many that he could be damanged goods. Denver's o-line allowed some incredibly wide lanes to the QB last season, particularly up the middle, that even Tebow couldn't escape. I have a hard time believing Manning was going to cure those issues by himself.
jsco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3527
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Now the Titans have too many QB's. One Vet...one rookie. That means the Vet goes. Which isn't an optimal choice. We'd have to gauge if that vet makes Tim better.
I dont understand the point of bringing in a mediocre old guy that we'll pay too much for. If we do go with Tim, his back up should be cheap. Its not like Hasselback will lead us anywhere either, so why bother investing money in that position. Invest in the D...cept all those impact players have signed elsewhere already.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #3528
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Dude is now saying on twitter that Denver hasn't had contact with Manning's agent today. What a ****ing tool, lol.
Yeah, I doubt this guy knows anything about it. Then again, I doubt Spano did as well. It's just all talk, right now. But I do think all signs are leaning toward the Titans.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #3529
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,325
Default

Now he's got this nugget


@dmac1043 If Tenn were hammering out the details on a PM deal, the mainstream would have it by now.”maybe keep hope alive
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #3530
RaiderH8r
In The Bag
 
RaiderH8r's Avatar
 
Bring back the tapenade!

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Meth Alley
Posts: 11,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe
Default

Can we go get Tolbert now? Would have liked to find Beadles' replacement this week too. Maybe we can salvage Amobi Okoye's career as part of our "value signing" strategy.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #3531
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 27,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Can we go get Tolbert now? Would have liked to find Beadles' replacement this week too. Maybe we can salvage Amobi Okoye's career as part of our "value signing" strategy.
Nice
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #3532
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

We shouldn't change back to orange this season. We should keep the blues for 1 more season to symbolize the major blue balls this Manning fake out gave the entire franchise.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3533
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, i wouldnt be SHOCKED if Tannehill went 3 or 4 to be honest
yup... they had a really good article on that possibility in NFL or CNNSI (can't remember). But yeah... I CLE loses out then could take Tannehill, but if the Browns and Phins both miss...that #3 spot is very likely to get traded. I would say we could be players in the Flynn sweepstakes, but he only know the WC offense and that is where his values stands. Hence, CLE, MIA, SEA all make sense. One of them will win, and the rest will battle for the Tannehill pick.

Last edited by Heyneck; 03-15-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3534
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 49,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont understand the point of bringing in a mediocre old guy that we'll pay too much for. If we do go with Tim, his back up should be cheap. Its not like Hasselback will lead us anywhere either, so why bother investing money in that position. Invest in the D...cept all those impact players have signed elsewhere already.
To teach like Crash Davis.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3535
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 49,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
We shouldn't change back to orange this season. We should keep the blues for 1 more season to symbolize the major blue balls this Manning fake out gave the entire franchise.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #3536
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

People expecting top free agents were being unrealistic. Not what this front office claimed they were going to do anyways. Now, the Broncos can say that they tried to get Manning, failed, and will continue to build the Broncos team through the draft.

All of this hype for a guy that may never play a down in the NFL game. /retreading
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3537
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
To teach like Crash Davis.
Then hire a coach? Or hire some broken down vet who is beyond cheap. I dont see the point of investing real money in someone to "compete" with him.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3538
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,070

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Excited to have Mike Adams aboard. He's a veteran safety with great leadership who adds a savvy presence to our secondary.

John Elway
@johnelway
http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway

Elway's back to tweeting. It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3539
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Now the Titans have too many QB's. One Vet...one rookie. That means the Vet goes. Which isn't an optimal choice. We'd have to gauge if that vet makes Tim better.
I would actually like and bring in Hasselbeck to push Tim... Plus he could go into a game and be accurate.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3540
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 12,783

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Will Parks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I wouldn't be shocked to see them trade up for him.
Lulz.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3541
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 64,592

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

If this is true about PM, I say we go back to where we were anyway; Give Tebow a year to make it or break it, pick up a few good FAs, have a good draft, and if Timmy sucks wind, go after Barkley next year. Tannehill?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3542
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Excited to have Mike Adams aboard. He's a veteran safety with great leadership who adds a savvy presence to our secondary.

John Elway
@johnelway
http://twitter.com/#!/johnelway

Elway's back to tweeting. It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah, that can't be good
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #3543
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Dave Logan after reporting on 850 KOA that Titans are in contract talks with Manning.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #3544
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Lulz.
Not saying they should, but it wouldn't shock me. Also wouldn't shock me if they took Weeden at #25.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #3545
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 49,633

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I would actually like and bring in Hasselbeck to push Tim... Plus he could go into a game and be accurate.
Exactly. He's also an insurance policy.

And if Tim can't get it done...he'll be the most popular guy in town. The backup QB usually is.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #3546
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,422

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If this is true about PM, I say we go back to where we were anyway; Give Tebow a year to make it or break it, pick up a few good FAs, have a good draft, and if Timmy sucks wind, go after Barkley next year. Tannehill?
We wont sniff tannehill. Weeden is most likely.

The thing that annoys me is most of the intriguing FAs have signed elsewhere and we have 8956895985986 holes to fill. Tim needs to improve quite a bit. I just cant imagine this current squad will be all that competitive next season
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #3547
ScottXray
Opinionated A******
 
ScottXray's Avatar
 
We will NOT lose!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: PDX (Portland OR)
Posts: 7,137

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I would actually like and bring in Hasselbeck to push Tim... Plus he could go into a game and be accurate.
Thinking along the same lines...If Tenn gets Manning we will probably bring him in...If he wants to come to be a backup and tutor as he is at or better than Orton.

then again, KC may take a look see also. He did all right for the Titans last year.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #3548
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

On the bright side, nobody in the division will probably be that competitive. Someone might win it with 7 wins.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #3549
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
I wish to UNLEASH the Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,914

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Exactly. He's also an insurance policy.

And if Tim can't get it done...he'll be the most popular guy in town. The backup QB usually is.
Not sure about that part... but he should be able to produce if need. He is a savvy, accurate vet. His only problem is his arm strength and tendency to get injured.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #3550
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 64,592

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
We wont sniff tannehill. Weeden is most likely.

The thing that annoys me is most of the intriguing FAs have signed elsewhere and we have 8956895985986 holes to fill. Tim needs to improve quite a bit. I just cant imagine this current squad will be all that competitive next season
Weeden is dog ****. He's two years older than Aaron Rodgers, for chrissakes!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Denver Broncos