The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #3226
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Check out this story out of Houston. Might be tough to match this. http://bit.ly/w0ruUl

Titan for life and King of the Universe!

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #3227
extralife
Ring of Famer

I guess I don't really get what that entails.

It also seems it would be more properly read as "for the rest of Bud Adam's life," which might be about two days from now for all we know
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #3228
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

this Bud Adams crap is getting too retarded for my tastes. Titans can have him.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #3229
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I could always use the Archer as the gay honeypot wearing the "Got Dick?" t shirt.

Ah, Archer. Did you know wife swapping is in genesis? Ray's brother says so.

Arch: He touched my penis with his penis.
Pam: Wow!
Arch: Yeah, he just came up to me and was like “bwip”.
Pam: Where?
Arch: All of it. Head and shaft, and I.. oh, you mean where in the building?
Because it shouldn’t matter, Pam.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #3230
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

While I think the odds are good he goes to the Titans, it would be in spite of this kind of crazy talk from Bud. A big salary, yes, could sway him. But "contract for life" "FO job" is so silly at this stage in his career when he's focused on 1) getting paid and 2) getting another Super Bowl. Dude will have plenty of opportunities to coach or work his way into a FO after he retires.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #3231
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
Vic Lombardi ‏ @VicLombardi
Check out this story out of Houston. Might be tough to match this. http://bit.ly/w0ruUl
For whose life Manning or Bud Adams?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #3232
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This article kind of feels like a punch to the gut...

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/201...peyton-manning
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #3233
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Arch: He touched my penis with his penis.
Pam: Wow!
Arch: Yeah, he just came up to me and was like “bwip”.
Pam: Where?
Arch: All of it. Head and shaft, and I.. oh, you mean where in the building?
Because it shouldn’t matter, Pam.

Pam with the full back tattoo. Pam who drift races the yakuza. Pam who can fit 9 poolballs in her mouth. Pam, who engages in bum fights with electric gloves.

Ah, Pam.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3234
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
this Bud Adams crap is getting too retarded for my tastes. Titans can have him.
Couldn't agree more. I wonder if during the middle of his "visit" Peyton didn't start feeling a little creeped out, like dude has lost his marbles. Should be a quick decision Peyton, come back to the land of the sane and stop fartin around with grandpa and his misguided reality.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3235
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post

Pam with the full back tattoo. Pam who drift races the yakuza. Pam who can fit 9 poolballs in her mouth. Pam, who engages in bum fights with electric gloves.

Ah, Pam.

Greatest show ever.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #3236
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Max Garcia

He's coming to Denver . Just relax and wait to hear the announcement tomorrow afternoon.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #3237
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Greatest show ever.

I have all 3 seasons (so far) on DVR. Archer's Rampage w/cancer episode had me in tears.

Awesome.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #3238
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
"No Fate"

"Come with me if you want to live."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141345434.html

Quote:
..Titans owner Bud Adams wants Peyton Manning, is doing it wrong.

.By Doug Farrar
.PostsWebsiteEmailRSS .By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner – Mon, Mar 12, 2012 10:13 AM EDT
Share2Email.....
Bud Adams is ready to sign something else, if Peyton Manning will let him. (Getty Images)
Peyton Manning was just released by a capricious owner who can't keep things to himself, and clearly wants to take over his team, despite the absence of any professional football acumen. If you're a fellow NFL owner, your best bet at landing a Manning visit to your facility is to avoid acting like Jim Irsay. Somehow, Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams didn't get the memo.

In a story written by Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Adams came right out and said that he wants Manning on his team, and he really doesn't care what it takes to get it done.

(Getty Images)"He is the man I want. Period," Adams told Wyatt on Sunday. "And the people that work for me understand that. They know who I want. I want Mr. Manning with the Titans and I will be disappointed if it doesn't happen."

Adams has spoken to Tom Condon, Manning's agent, and has tried to bridge any interest gap with the potential for a very attractive offer -- no matter what chief operating officer Mike Reinfeldt, general manager Ruston Webster, and head coach Mike Munchak might have to say on the subject. And according to Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network, the Titans are preparing for a visit from Manning in the next couple of days.

"[Condon] is all for having him come see me," Adams said of Manning. "He just wants to make sure my people in Tennessee want the same thing too — Ruston and Mike and Mike. I am 650 miles away [in Houston], but [they] will do what I say to do because that's the guy I want and I am going to make the decision. … I think I will be able to work it out myself as far as the money angle goes."

[Related: Denver's botches handling of Tebow-Manning situation]

In 2011, the Titans signed veteran quarterback Matt Hasselbeck to a three-year, $20 million contract, and selected Washington quarterback Jake Locker with the eighth overall pick. There will be an open competition between the two quarterbacks this preseason -- at least, that's been the plan so far -- unless Adams is somehow able to upset the applecart by putting in a legit eleventh-hour bid for Manning's services.

"I want Manning," Adams said. "I'd love to see him in Titan blue after watching him so many years with the Colts. I will be upset if I didn't get him. I want him. I am ready to do what it takes to get him aboard, and I think he'd be the guy to get us into the playoffs."

So, there's that. The problem with getting Manning on board is that he almost certainly would not want to play for a meddlesome owner who will set phasers to stun if he doesn't like what he hears -- and Adams has an interesting history in that regard. In 2010, he sided with quarterback Vince Young in Young's ongoing battles with then-head coach Jeff Fisher. Not a wise move, as both Young and Fisher have moved on. Adams also overruled Fisher and GM Floyd Reese in the 2006 draft, insisting that the team select Young in the first round instead of Matt Leinart.

Admittedly, that's like helping a guy miss a huge pothole and then directing his car off a cliff, but the overarching point is that Peyton Manning has had more than enough drama in the last year. He wants to play football for as long as he can, and perhaps win another Super Bowl with the right organization. A franchise whose owner runs roughshod over the people he hires to take care of personnel? Probably not the most attractive option at this point.

Manning has been in that place before -- and for a host of reasons, he's certainly looking for something very different now. And "something very different" would not include a team owner who once got fined $250,000 for doing this:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #3239
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Actually at this point I want him to go anywhere BUT the Titans so I can see this old crazy bastard meltdown in the media.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #3240
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

I can't imagine talking to that nut for 5 minutes. Seriously if he had manning for 6 hours I really think its a done deal for the Broncos, dude is a freakin lunatic. if manning choses that over the broncos then he gets what he deserves. I started you tubing that dude and all I saw was him swearing, flipping people off and acting like a total fool.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #3241
extralife
Ring of Famer

he wasn't even involved in the meeting. he sent a crony.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #3242
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
I can't imagine talking to that nut for 5 minutes. Seriously if he had manning for 6 hours I really think its a done deal for the Broncos, dude is a freakin lunatic. if manning choses that over the broncos then he gets what he deserves. I started you tubing that dude and all I saw was him swearing, flipping people off and acting like a total fool.
12:30 am ESPN confirms Bud Adams did not attend meeting between Titans and Manning.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

He wasn't at the meeting for obvious reasons. At least the broncos don't have to hide their owner (yet)
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #3243
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
He wasn't at the meeting for obvious reasons.
at the same time, how does it look if you keep saying you will do anything to land a player, and then can't even bother to get your ass on a plane to meet with him?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #3244
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
12:30 am ESPN confirms Bud Adams did not attend meeting between Titans and Manning.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/

He wasn't at the meeting for obvious reasons. At least the broncos don't have to hide their owner (yet)
So the coaches wanted to go after Mario Williams, who will soon sign with the Bills, and address the defense and the guy who really wanted him is too much of a loon to discuss a deal and was a no show...man we got some tough competition there. I'd give manning a deal and tell him we are done come Saturday.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #3245
hookemhess
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Blake Gideon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Actually at this point I want him to go anywhere BUT the Titans so I can see this old crazy bastard meltdown in the media.
He's like a little baby that wants something shiny. They drafted a promising young QB at #8 last year and have a serviceable veteran to start now. It will be unnerving if they swoop Manning out from under us.
hookemhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #3246
Bacchus

Quote:
The big thing is that Adams was not at the interview so Adams was not there to spoil it. It is good that Peyton is leaving the state tomorrow I bet we'll hear his decison for better or worse.

Thsi reminds me of a few years back when the Broncos were trying to sign Steve Young. It was really close but he decided to retire instead fearing another concussion.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #3247
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
at the same time, how does it look if you keep saying you will do anything to land a player, and then can't even bother to get your ass on a plane to meet with him?
In fairness they probably painted a much more sane picture without him there.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #3248
Bacchus

Quote:
So the coaches wanted to go after Mario Williams, who will soon sign with the Bills, and address the defense and the guy who really wanted him is too much of a loon to discuss a deal and was a no show...man we got some tough competition there. I'd give manning a deal and tell him we are done come Saturday.
Williams is using the Bills to set the price. No way he signs there.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #3249
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Yea, he was caught in a catch 22 spun from his own craziness.
Don't know why someone would want to work for this lunatic
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #3250
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I wonder if during the middle of his "visit" Peyton didn't start feeling a little creeped out, like dude has lost his marbles. Should be a quick decision Peyton, come back to the land of the sane and stop fartin around with grandpa and his misguided reality.
No shiat!
That guy makes the late Al Davis likeable.

In Denver Peyton has a better chance to finish out his career on a high note.
The Titans have potential, and being in the AFC South with a chance for Peyton to beat his old team twice a year, could be extra incentive, but then again, I think Peyton may want to stay from that possible scenario...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote