The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #3151
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
Cecil Lammey@cecillammey
bad news for #broncos RT @1RickLewis PM has home in Chattanooga- wife is from TEN- Bud Adams interested in making PM team exec post fball

I find it hard to believe that the promise of a post-career job is all that attractive to a player. Peyton isn't (and shouldn't) be thinking of what he's going to be doing after he retires from the field of play. He could get a job anywhere, so why commit himself to Tennessee over it? Makes no sense.

I can see the lure of the Tennessee gig for Peyton, but I'm confident that Bud Adams is shooting too high on this one. I think Peyton is going to come to Denver.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #3152
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

You can counter that John, offer him a dealership, Xanders job, & a house on the golf course..and if he's not sold, cut fuggin bait ! Like now.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #3153
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
eat me Lammey you ****nugget.
I never understand why people shoot the messenger...
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #3154
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I find it hard to believe that the promise of a post-career job is all that attractive to a player. Peyton isn't (and shouldn't) be thinking of what he's going to be doing after he retires from the field of play. He could get a job anywhere, so why commit himself to Tennessee over it? Makes no sense.

I can see the lure of the Tennessee gig for Peyton, but I'm confident that Bud Adams is shooting too high on this one. I think Peyton is going to come to Denver.
Why?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #3155
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideco View Post
Ok Peyton.. This is your chance for forgiveness. I will forgive you for being a traitor and not going to Ole Miss if you sign with the Broncos. Oh this wait is killing me.
-Mouth
FYP
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #3156
enjolras
Ring of Famer

FWIW:

Quote:
Clay Travis

Just got off phone with close Manning source who says he thinks Titans are leader and could sign him in next 24 hours.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #3157
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
None of this would have mattered it we had made a slam dunk offer before Adams and Tenn got interested.
I don't know if that's possible. If 4yr/90 million figures are being tossed about in negotiations, I don't want to know what a 'slam dunk' offer would be.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #3158
BroncoBeavis

Quote:

Job is one thing. A path to ownership something else entirely. But who knows what the real story is.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #3159
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I don't know if that's possible. If 4yr/90 million figures are being tossed about in negotiations, I don't want to know what a 'slam dunk' offer would be.
\\\'[=']

I wonder if the Broncos are still 95% certain.

Manning.. FAP FAP FAP ...Manning FAP FAP FAP....

Man.... Tennesee?.... FWP FWP
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 PM   #3160
bombay
Ring of Famer

A little bit of Lammey goes a very long way, regardless of his opinion about Manning.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #3161
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Ugh, this is horrible. I look forward to our 4-12 season. My god i hope tim improves.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #3162
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Who wouldn't want to work for a guy that just FORCED his staff to go after a FA. Seriously find me one quote where Manning ever said that is what he wanted to do after he retires.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #3163
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #3164
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Why?
Because Brandon Spano said so - that's why!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #3165
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Who wouldn't want to work for a guy that just FORCED his staff to go after a FA. Seriously find me one quote where Manning ever said that is what he wanted to do after he retires.
Good point.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #3166
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
this sounds like grade a panic mode over nothing. even without a hand shake deal Manning is the type who could get into an exec role for a NFL franchise. he's like a mini one now and something tells me he might envision himself doing for the Colts what Elway is doing for the Broncos. being the VP and getting the team back to the playoffs and beyond.
Why would Manning want to return to the Colts FO after they fired him and all his friends?

If I'm Peyton, I'm going to Tennessee. Brilliant move by the Titans.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #3167
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Why?
Nothing more than a gut feeling. I think Peyton Manning is thinking Superbowl, and all this post-career talk is nice, but I think Peyton is going to be focused on winning now and worrying about the future later. The easiest path he's got for that is the AFC West. Additionally, I think the Broncos coaching situation is more stable than Tennessee right now.

Plus, I think it makes a statement to Peyton that the coaches and organization there had to completely switch tracks at the demands of the owner to go after Peyton. He wasn't originally part of their plan - he's there because the owner threw a tantrum.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #3168
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:

Such a promise would also result in the Titans losing multiple draft picks, as it would be a HUGE circumvention of the salary cap.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #3169
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Just be glad that Al Davis is dead. He would have jumped all over this and made Bud Adams look like a sane person.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #3170
Drunken.Broncoholic

wheres all those Brandon Spano tweets now? that bozo needs to start shooting down crows to BBQ..
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #3171
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Nothing more than a gut feeling. I think Peyton Manning is thinking Superbowl, and all this post-career talk is nice, but I think Peyton is going to be focused on winning now and worrying about the future later. The easiest path he's got for that is the AFC West. Additionally, I think the Broncos coaching situation is more stable than Tennessee right now.

Plus, I think it makes a statement to Peyton that the coaches and organization there had to completely switch tracks at the demands of the owner to go after Peyton. He wasn't originally part of their plan - he's there because the owner threw a tantrum.
I truly hope you are right. But the AFCS is pretty horrid outside of Houston and what does Manning care if ownership meddles in the front office? Look at his relationship with Isray.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #3172
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I didn't think you were allowed to promise employment outside of what's dictated in your contract.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #3173
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Such a promise would also result in the Titans losing multiple draft picks, as it would be a HUGE circumvention of the salary cap.
We can only hope this is true. If Goodell has any cojones at all he'd be warning Adams that this type of negotiation will result in severe penalties to the team.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #3174
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Just be glad that Al Davis is dead. He would have jumped all over this and made Bud Adams look like a sane person.
Are you kidding? Patyon playing for Al Davis. Even if Al signed over the Raiders to him he wouldn't even board the plane.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #3175
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

Here's to hoping Bud 'wins' this one.