The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #3101
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Yeah! They just all improved instantly at halftime in the Chargers game!

Great excuse.
That was because of Von miller! DURRR
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #3102
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

PaulKuharsky: Bud's plane in Taylor Swift's hangar. Makes sense as Swift, dating Tebow, would like Manning not to take Tebow's job w/ #Broncos. #Titans [via Twitter]

fix is in
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #3103
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Great excuse.
It was a Rockne-esque speech Fox rolled out. Don't underestimate the power of words dude.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #3104
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Tebow was 7-4. Keep holding that Orton decision against Tebow, it shows how smart you are.
I wasnt an orton guy but we rode a ton of luck and breaks going our way. We won despite tebow. It's quite obvious especially with his quality play last few weeks of regular season. Orton wasn't the guy and neither is tebow.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3105
Rolandftw

Quote:

Great excuse.
It's not uncommon for a new QB to come in, and to see an improvement in team play. Not quite as common as with coaching changes, but it does happen.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3106
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayjackson View Post
PaulKuharsky: Bud's plane in Taylor Swift's hangar. Makes sense as Swift, dating Tebow, would like Manning not to take Tebow's job w/ #Broncos. #Titans [via Twitter]

fix is in
I tried to put my cockpit in Taylor's hangar and all I got was a restraining order and crabs. FML.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #3107
Steve Sewell
Oh Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Patrick and Ty's pimp

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Reggie Rivers

Notice that the only cool customers in this whole thing have been Elway and Manning.
Steve Sewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #3108
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I wasnt an orton guy but we rode a ton of luck and breaks going our way. We won despite tebow. It's quite obvious especially with his quality play last few weeks of regular season. Orton wasn't the guy and neither is tebow.
Listen Orton. You're a Cowboy now. Go over to their board and let their fans hear about how Romo sucks and how you're going to shank the skanks in Big D.

BTW, bring double whiskey because JJ don't mess around. He'll wing man ya.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #3109
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Sewell View Post
Notice that the only cool customers in this whole thing have been Elway and Manning.
And the other side of Stu Scott's pillow; it is always the coolest daddy-o.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #3110
Rolandftw

Quote:
I wouldn't say that we won despite Tebow. He had a role in it, certainly. A big role. But fans that can't admit the amount of breaks that it took for it to happen, I think are being unrealistic. As a whole, the defense got better as well. Injuries to Dumervil, Bailey, DJ Williams, etc early in the season.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #3111
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
I tried to put my cockpit in Taylor's hangar and all I got was a restraining order and crabs. FML.
You would have done better if you had been an 89 year old millionaire....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:53 PM   #3112
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That is just stupid. For every "lucky" thing that happened in favor of this team, I can count two missed FGs or horribly blown calls that went against them. This team was great at situational awareness and took advantage of opportunities.

Luck is a combination of skill and preparation...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 PM   #3113
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Discuss...

Quote:
Darren McKee ‏ @dmac1043 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Just saw the video of manning walking into the titans facility wearing Tennessee Vols colors. Great sign for the broncos huh?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #3114
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sign Darrell Hackney!!!!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #3115
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I wouldn't say that we won despite Tebow. He had a role in it, certainly. A big role. But fans that can't admit the amount of breaks that it took for it to happen, I think are being unrealistic. As a whole, the defense got better as well. Injuries to Dumervil, Bailey, DJ Williams, etc early in the season.
Injuries to guys pike Miller and Dawkins didn't hurt though, right? They were just giving up 40+ because...?

The defense improved because the offense stopped turning it over after Tebow went in. They started turning it over late and the defense looked bad again. The defense was never good against top offenses.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #3116
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Discuss...
At least he's in orange?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #3117
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah... Orton wasn't responsible for the fumble against the raiders and the other fumble driving down against the Titans. Yeah... Dumervil, Bailey, DJ Williams being out must have made his hand sweat...
Old 03-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #3118
Rolandftw

Quote:
Injuries to guys pike Miller and Dawkins didn't hurt though, right? They were just giving up 40+ because...?

The defense improved because the offense stopped turning it over after Tebow went in. They started turning it over late and the defense looked bad again. The defense was never good against top offenses.
It obviously did hurt. If you were paying attention, the team's defense went in the toilet after Miller's injury.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #3119
Rolandftw

Quote:
Yeah... Orton wasn't responsible for the fumble against the raiders and the other fumble driving down against the Titans. Yeah... Dumervil, Bailey, DJ Williams being out must have made his hand sweat...
Yeah... one game was all of our 4 losses, especially when all played in that game but DJ
Old 03-14-2012, 01:01 PM   #3120
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

on the video of him getting on the plane there was a suit that was separate from his luggage. its for his press conference. hes a titan.
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #3121
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah... one game was all of our 4 losses, especially when all played in that game but DJ
Actually if you read again... those are 2 teams. Against the Raiders he pulled a Cutler neglecting what would have been a wide open Royal for a tocuhdown for a win. Against the Titans on the last drive we were moving the ball, he gets pressure up the middle and the ball bounces off his had trying to scramble. So yeah... those are 2 loses on him. If he was clutch like another QB... then.. who knows... the story could be different.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #3122
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampBailey24 View Post
on the video of him getting on the plane there was a suit that was separate from his luggage. its for his press conference. hes a titan.
Well, there you have it......let's move on.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #3123
Rolandftw

Quote:
Actually if you read again... those are 2 teams. Against the Raiders he pulled a Cutler neglecting what would have been a wide open Royal for a tocuhdown for a win. Against the Titans on the last drive we were moving the ball, he gets pressure up the middle and the ball bounces off his had trying to scramble. So yeah... those are 2 loses on him. If he was clutch like another QB... then.. who knows... the story could be different.
Lol. A healthy defense doesn't fold in that game either.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #3124
ol#7

Quote:
Never mind the fact that good teams get lucky. But I guess I imagined that pinball pass Elway threw to McCaffery to beat the Vikes or the Jeremiah Castille strip of Byner in the AFCC or the double blocked kicks against SD or the tip pass to Marshall against Cinci, or the Hochuli call etc, etc, no the Broncos never had any luck before now, that all started when Tebow came in.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #3125
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I think its:

1. Tenn
2. Arizona
3. Denver
4. Miami

In that order