The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #3076
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Spano must've seen my post in here hours ago saying adams will offer shares. I was kidding about that. Now I feel like Omar Kelly
You get the feeling that maybe John's surfing the OM, reading bull**** Manning tweets that give him a good feeling which he passes along to guys like Spano (in the strictest of confidence) leading to another round of tweets and another cycle and on and on.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #3077
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I would be shocked, Manning factor or not, if Denver was seriously interested in paying a pass rusher, Mario Williams, the highest defensive salary ever (which is what he's going to get) when we already have invested so much in that area.
Agree!

This place is in love with the big name players
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #3078
TonyR
Franchise Poster

3:08 PM Mike Klis says a Manning decision is not expected before tomorrow.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...ting-tennessee
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #3079
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
and this is why Elway gets it...
Well, at least he gets it because he won't be getting Manning.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 PM   #3080
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
If I were you I wouldn't go bragging about what you know. I mean...you posted we haven't won a playoff game since Elway was here...which is wrong.
Now apparently you cant even read... look that post up and you will clearly see it says: done something we had only done once since Elway retired...

look it up... you FAIL too much!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #3081
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Because Mario gets us much closer to a super bowl than Manning does? I don't think so.
I can't express how funny it is to me that so many Bronco fans are thinking Super Bowl with this dog **** roster, for no other reason than a 36 year old QB with nerve damage.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM   #3082
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
and this is why Elway gets it...
I would say the opposite.

I would say developing a complete roster with depth and talent and developing your own football players is what it takes to achieve greatness in this league.

Not 36 year olds with neck issues and a **** roster of retreads that wouldnt start elsewhere.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 PM   #3083
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #3084
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The Broncos have had no contact with Tim Tebow since the Manning courtship began…The Broncos have not pestered Manning for progress reports or a decision since he left Denver on Saturday. John Elway is driving this bus. He and Manning connected well during the visit Friday and Saturday.

The bottom line on the Broncos’ pursuit of Manning is this: Elway is in charge, and Elway is interested in Super Bowls. The argument that the Broncos improved last year and won their division (on a tie-breaker) with Tebow, doesn’t cut much ice with Elway. He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there. He knows the Manning courtship is a high risk/high reward mission. He believes that going for greatness usually is.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/krieger....rticle=9898964
Only thing we will win with tebow is most sportscenter headlines for the year.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #3085
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

I would say developing a complete roster with depth and talent and developing your own football players is what it takes to achieve greatness in this league.

Not 36 year olds with neck issues and a **** roster of retreads that wouldnt start elsewhere.
This
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #3086
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
...and an AFCW title after a 1-4 start
...and a playoff game against the defending AFC Champs (who were the last team humiliate Denver in the playoffs at home +revenge points)

But okay.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #3087
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Ok Merril.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #3088
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
If I were you I wouldn't go bragging about what you know. I mean...you posted we haven't won a playoff game since Elway was here...which is wrong.
Here...found it... shows what I am saying... you got **** for brains! LEARN TO READ!!!

Quote:
Are you for real? Last year we accomplished something we had only done once since the the last time Elway played. We won a PLAYOFF game! Your logic is idiotic, what standards did Tebow fallow? Cutler went 2-3 in 2006 (with a really good defense) he then went 7-9 and latter 8-8. Lets not start with Orton! Talking about a QB getting run out of Town 5 games into his career. What a loser you are!!! Last year Tebow 7-4 and a playoff win!!! GTFO loser!!! At least try to be objective like most of the poster here FAG!!! (South Park reference)
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #3089
Uncle Bill
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
The Broncos have had no contact with Tim Tebow since the Manning courtship began…The Broncos have not pestered Manning for progress reports or a decision since he left Denver on Saturday. John Elway is driving this bus. He and Manning connected well during the visit Friday and Saturday.

The bottom line on the Broncos’ pursuit of Manning is this: Elway is in charge, and Elway is interested in Super Bowls. The argument that the Broncos improved last year and won their division (on a tie-breaker) with Tebow, doesn’t cut much ice with Elway. He knows what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender and he believes bringing in Manning is the fastest way to get there. He knows the Manning courtship is a high risk/high reward mission. He believes that going for greatness usually is.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/krieger....rticle=9898964
This article actually provides a rational, thoughtful, objective take on the situation. Kind of surprising, given a lot of the ridiculous stuff that has been written/tweeted lately...

Even thought it's pretty interesting stuff as a fan, I (and many others) have been obsessing about this stuff way too much for the past few days, to the point where it's probably unhealthy. It's 75 degrees and sunny in the middle of March in Chicago--I'm going to leave work in a bit and go hit some golf balls or something and leave my computer alone for awhile. If he signs, great. If not, life will go on. Either way, there's nothing we can do about it, and we should know within 24 hours.

There, I feel much better now...
Uncle Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #3090
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
...and an AFCW title after a 1-4 start
...and a playoff game against the defending AFC Champs (who were the last team humiliate Denver in the playoffs at home +revenge points)

But okay.
Division titles mean nothing especially at 8 and 8. I want title contender and you can't ignore the fact we were 4 plays away from drafting top 10 at 4 and 12.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #3091
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Klis knows **** all. Tennessee have this in the bag, he'll work for them after his career is over and that's the major selling point.
eddie mac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #3092
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Quote:

I agree.
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #3093
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Division titles mean nothing especially at 8 and 8. I want title contender and you can't ignore the fact we were 4 plays away from drafting top 10 at 4 and 12.
Tebow was 7-4. Keep holding that Orton decision against Tebow, it shows how smart you are.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #3094
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
8-8... spotted a 1-4 start and 1-4 quality football team.

Don't let facts keep kicking you in the ass, though.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #3095
ol#7

Quote:
Yeah and if Stokley holds onto 1 pass or Bowe recovers an onside kick, were division champs, Shanahan, Cutler, Hillis et al are still here etc.

Fun to play that game!

1 less win than the SB Champs.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #3096
Rolandftw

I think it's more likely that the younger pieces on our team improved as the season went on, then Tebow just turned a **** team into a good team.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #3097
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I think it's more likely that the younger pieces on our team improved as the season went on, then Tebow just turned a **** team into a good team.
Yeah! They just all improved instantly at halftime in the Chargers game!

Great excuse.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #3098
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I can't express how funny it is to me that so many Bronco fans are thinking Super Bowl with this dog **** roster, for no other reason than a 36 year old QB with nerve damage.
Retweeting this.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #3099
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
No offense, but the team never quit after the move to Tebow. We were dead in the water at 1-4 and guys bought in. Maybe you werent watching.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #3100
TonyR
Franchise Poster

3:36 Chris Mortensen: RT @Denverslim14: Is Denver out of the running? >> No. Still alive.
https://twitter.com/#!/mortreport/st...13291211468800

TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote