The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #2926
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Better RB yes, if they are better anywhere else, its marginal.

I think Tenn's advantage is that he went to school there and his wife is from there. Thats it. I strongly believe they dont have any real football advantage.
AFC South is weaker than the AFC West.

AFC South:
1. Houston Texans - will get weaker with the loss of Mario Williams
2. Tennesee Titans - will be SB contenders with Peyton Manning
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - not going anywhere with Gabbert
4. Indianapolis Colts - it will probably take a couple of years before Luck starts to win consistently

AFC West:
All the teams had a shot to win the division until the last game of the year. No clear favorite. All legitimate playoff contenders.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #2927
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
That sounds like a bunch of subjective crapola to me. They don't have better anything than us. And what about Peytons perfprmance over the past 10 years says to you that he'd have trouble learning any team anywhere at anytime? None. He's literally beaten everyone. So I find it hard to believe he'll make a life changing decision based on playing the Colts twice a year. Or playing in a dome. Or playing with different personal. Or playing for a dollar amount.
They have better all around WR core. Their #1 Britt es better than DT. They have a pass catching TE. Better RB...a better OL that allowed the 2nd fewest sacks per pass last year. And it could only get better if they manage to sign Hutch and Wells. You know...they are actually signing people while still in full pursuit of Peyton. Last but not least....that defense is a solid pass rusher away from being great. And he people saying the AFCW is the easier division hasn't paid attention to the up and coming teams and defenses in it. If he picks the the titans he gets to pound JAX, INDY and maybe split with HOU. So no...what Drunken B said ain't crapola.... you are just going through the regular symptoms of Homerism.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #2928
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Crap,

I said at the start that Manning was playing Elway and the Broncos to drive up the price. Now its being said that its all about the money.

If its all about the money, we should let Adams and the Titans have him. That money is better spent in other directions to improve the team. And if we aren't going to spend the money for FA other than Manning then Elway is not doing what he can to improve the team.

Tebow aside, I am REALLY disappointed with the direction the FO is taking in all this. Anything near 20 mill is WAY overpaying for a 36 yo QB with health issues, even if he is a hall of famer. Paying MORE than that and especially guaranteeing anything substantial is foolish, and stupid.

Either Manning wants to win a SB, or he wants to get paid. We don't need him if he wont' take a reasonable deal that leaves us in position to sign other FAs.

If we give him the kind of money being talked about ( 90+ mill, 45 guaranteed) then Elway is a fool.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #2929
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Manning gets rid of the ball so quick that'll make our o-line seem like the best in the league. Manning protects the line with his study and preperation.
Yeah....like the way he threw them under the bus after one of his regular playoffs exits...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #2930
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
The tried and true OMane method of repeating something enough times, maybe people will eventually believe it.
HAHA you like that last little slip i threw in there...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #2931
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I like how the WR with a blown knee is better then our WR. That division isn't easier then the West lol. Someone is drunk way to early.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #2932
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
Crap,

I said at the start that Manning was playing Elway and the Broncos to drive up the price. Now its being said that its all about the money.

If its all about the money, we should let Adams and the Titans have him. That money is better spent in other directions to improve the team. And if we aren't going to spend the money for FA other than Manning then Elway is not doing what he can to improve the team.

Tebow aside, I am REALLY disappointed with the direction the FO is taking in all this. Anything near 20 mill is WAY overpaying for a 36 yo QB with health issues, even if he is a hall of famer. Paying MORE than that and especially guaranteeing anything substantial is foolish, and stupid.

Either Manning wants to win a SB, or he wants to get paid. We don't need him if he wont' take a reasonable deal that leaves us in position to sign other FAs.

If we give him the kind of money being talked about ( 90+ mill, 45 guaranteed) then Elway is a fool.
Cost of doing business. Above average WRs are going for $12-15 mil a year now. Why shouldn't one of the best QBs to ever play the game make $20?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #2933
Drunken.Broncoholic

well if Manning did narrow it down to 2 teams(titans and broncos) it meant the broncos were getting him if Bud Adams didnt open his big mouth...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2934
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yeah....like the way he threw them under the bus after one of his regular playoffs exits...
here I'll help you out and post his own words:
Quote:
"I'm trying to be a good teammate here let's just say we had some problems with protection."
With our line...that's a train wreck waiting to happen.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2935
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I like how the WR with a blown knee is better then our WR.
i would like to see DT play for a streak of some consecutive games...this is a guy that everyone labeled as made of glass...
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2936
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
AFC South is weaker than the AFC West.

AFC South:
1. Houston Texans - will get weaker with the loss of Mario Williams
2. Tennesee Titans - will be SB contenders with Peyton Manning
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - not going anywhere with Gabbert
4. Indianapolis Colts - it will probably take a couple of years before Luck starts to win consistently

AFC West:
All the teams had a shot to win the division until the last game of the year. No clear favorite. All legitimate playoff contenders.
In a crappy division. And Football seasons are tiny sample sizes. Its not like the AFC east which has the Pats sitting there. Chargers were crap last year, as were the rest of the teams in the division. I consider the two situations equal. And he might not wanna play the colts twice a year.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #2937
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
They have better all around WR core. Their #1 Britt es better than DT. They have a pass catching TE. Better RB...a better OL that allowed the 2nd fewest sacks per pass last year. And it could only get better if they manage to sign Hutch and Wells. You know...they are actually signing people while still in full pursuit of Peyton. Last but not least....that defense is a solid pass rusher away from being great. And he people saying the AFCW is the easier division hasn't paid attention to the up and coming teams and defenses in it. If he picks the the titans he gets to pound JAX, INDY and maybe split with HOU. So no...what Drunken B said ain't crapola.... you are just going through the regular symptoms of Homerism.
Britt is not better than DT. We've only scratched the surface of DT. Titus is not better than Decker. Our pass catching TE's can be improved upon, but our QB's have been pussies at going down the seem to hit our wide open tightends (). The sacks....We have a great pass protecting oline...we've just had an indecisive QB set playing. And more than half the sacks from last year were on the QB. Not the oline. Our defense was top notch last year. Once we lost Dawkins we fell off, but there is no reason with some DT and safty help that we can't be better than last year. Again, from a team perspective the Titans are at best marginally better...and that's up for debate.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #2938
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
well if Manning did narrow it down to 2 teams(titans and broncos) it meant the broncos were getting him if Bud Adams didnt open his big mouth...
Maybe Bud Adams is a raving, mad lunatic and Peyton wouldnt want to be around that? Who the f knows. The speculation is dumb, none of us are close enough tot he sitch
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #2939
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I like how the WR with a blown knee is better then our WR. That division isn't easier then the West lol. Someone is drunk way to early.

Yeah... because Demaryius and Decker have NO injury histories....
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #2940
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
i would like to see DT play for a streak of some consecutive games...this is a guy that everyone labeled as made of glass...
He had some injury problems before being drafted...but anyone who says he's made of glass can't be serious if they saw the offesne they run at Georgia Tech.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #2941
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

True, but the point stands. The titans dont have this powerhouse team that is much better than we are/.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #2942
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Denver will have to overpay to land Manning.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #2943
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
He didn't throw anyone under the bus. Good grief.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #2944
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I would too, but he does have two good knees
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #2945
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's people being objective.... something you probably can't do. The AFCS has 2 crap teams. Our has none.... though the Faiders could be in for a tough year.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #2946
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

At the bottom of ESPN it says PM hasn't eliminated any teams yet and hasn't closed the door any new teams acquiring about him. Will workout for any teams who are serious about signing him. So how the hell is he going to make up his mind before tomorrow or Friday
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2947
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
This has been the most hilarious thing over the last few days hearing pundits talk about how much talent the Broncos have and implying Manning fixes the one, major weakness. From Colin, to pretty much every local host, to Griese, and of course the ESPN guys facing Skip- it's like they just can't pass up any opportunity to take a shot on Tim. This is just some of what I've heard this week:

* They have an amazing defense that carried them to wins despite Tebow (The defense did play well during the win streak but they're still with major flaws. Just look at their ranking and play against good QBs)

* The Broncos have a top 5 OL (Really? The same OL that most Tebow-doubters were destroying in their attempts to defend Orton because he didn't have any time? Rev can speak to the benefits a mobile QB gives an OL. BTW, they got destroyed by NE in the playoff game)

* They have the top run game in the NFL (Check their rushing stats before #15 went into the lineup and the zone-read was put in play.)

* Decker and DT are top WR prospects but you can't evaluate them with a QB like Tebow (I like both guys, DT looked pretty damn good with Tebow to me. Decker would probably benefit more from a conventional offense but the fact both guys dropped passes at such a high clip didn't help)

* J.Thomas was drafted with huge expectations but he cant play with Tebow either (So why were so many key passes of Tebows to Fells and Rosario?)

* Mike McCoy did an incredible job morphing a gameplan around his limited QB (I give him credit for not being stubborn but outside of the Steelers and Raiders games that had really innovative playcalling that attacked all areas of the field, did anyone love his playcalling? Especially in the Patriots playoff game?)

It is literally as if these clowns dismiss the team was 1-4 with Orton (or if they don't they just have to throw out that they finished 1-4, so I suppose touche) and the worst team in the league over the last two years before the switch. Tebow took over the same team Orton couldn't win with (minus their only Pro Bowler on offense actually) and at least had SOME success.

Now I'm not a Tebow homer- I have no clue if he's going to be a good QB, I doubt he can overcome an organization that doesn't support him and I completely recognize that they'll have difficulty recruiting players to join him on offense. But the way he's being buryed with facts being distorted is just irresponsible.
I agree with much of this. Odd isn't it how this team is evaluated at times. The Broncos don't get enough credit for some of the things they actually do right, and yet get too much credit for things they don't. I don't think any of these pundits actually watch any of our games.

If PM does come to Denver, I think Tebow could learn a lot from watching him. I'd also like to see what he looks like at TE. (and NO I haven't given up on Tebow as QB) Just saying he's a unique athlete that could help our team in other ways while he'd still be tutoring under Mellon head.

Think of the 'old school' type legend he'd create for himself by doing this. And I doubt PM makes it past two years with his injuries. Hell, two games might be it.

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 03-14-2012 at 11:36 AM..
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2948
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
but anyone who says he's made of glass can't be serious if they saw the offesne they run at Georgia Tech.
Knowshon didn't miss a single game due to injury at Georgia.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2949
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Tenn Den
Points per game 21st 25th
Total yards game 17th 23rd
Rush yards game 31st 1st
pass yards game 12th 31st

Defense
Points per game 8th 24th
total yards game 18th 20th
rush yards game 24th 22nd
pass yards game 14th 18th

titans lead in 6 of 8 catagories.....clearly not subjective.
They're relatively the same. Which is my argument that it doesn't matter.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #2950
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

You're right everyone is better then the Broncos my ****ing bad.