The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Default Sports Authority/Arrowhead Question

So I'm way up in Wisconsin but I have decided that I must make it out for a game this year. Haven't decided on which one quite yet and I'd rather go to Denver but KC is closer and the tickets are dirt cheap. Since it's just the one game, I'm looking to get the best seat possible but it's been a very long time since i've been to an NFL game and the times i have gone i have sat pretty far up. I've seen reasonably priced 50 yard line tickets in the first couple rows of field level, so my question is whether or not there is some sight line obstruction (players, coaches) with these seats (at either stadium) or if it is generally a better idea to sit a certain amount of rows up to avoid anything like that. I guess the viewing angle for the game is also important. Is there a "sweet spot" range of rows for these purposes? Thanks!
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
Meck77

Last row, front row, you can't beat the experience of watching a home game in Denver vs travelling to KC and their dump of a stadium. Seriously.

Get a lower bowl seat on the south side of the stadium. I like the corners personally. Best atmosphere, good sight lines. Best value IMO.

Go to Denver.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Meck77 is correct, the experience for a Broncos fan is so much better at home.

However, after having gone to school out in Kansas, I have made it back to KC about 6 times for the game. The first time I went we tailgated Meck. It was a cold miserable day, in a cold miserable prison like stadium... we also lost. The highlight of the game was Van Pelt running a TD in, with Plummer lined up as a WR. I was yelling at all the chiefs fans around us to pay attention, that Plummer wasn't at QB. They weren't very knowledgeable about football it seemed.

The last couple years going to KC has been great and there have been some pretty loud "Broncos" chants going around. KC is the closest driving stadium to Denver afterall. Also, they put several million into revamping their stadium and it is a much warmer place... also its always only about 3/4 full of actual Chiefs fans.

Bottom bowl views at Camarohead are good. You can see things great almost anywhere if you are at least 4 rows up. Otherwise get between the 30s and DO NOT get in a high level row in the corner, you might have concrete post obstruction of view.

All seats in Denver are awesome. I prefer being up top between the 20s, but have loved all my experiences in the bottom bowl and south stands. I don't really like the north side of the stadium, but thats just because I have seen too many losses from that side.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Last row, front row, you can't beat the experience of watching a home game in Denver vs travelling to KC and their dump of a stadium. Seriously.

Get a lower bowl seat on the south side of the stadium. I like the corners personally. Best atmosphere, good sight lines. Best value IMO.

Go to Denver.
I think it'd be really cool to sit in the south stands but my concern is that there is the chance that most of the scoring could end up happening at the other end. Is it pretty easy to see what's going on at the north end from the south end?
Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
I think it'd be really cool to sit in the south stands but my concern is that there is the chance that most of the scoring could end up happening at the other end. Is it pretty easy to see what's going on at the north end from the south end?
We have PFM! There will be plenty of scoring on both sides! Seriously though if you are sitting down low in the south it's a bit tougher. I actually like the upper south stands for this reason.

Try candy alewis tickets. Tell her Steve with the orangeforceone bus referred you. See what she has.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Thanks Meck i'll check that out. BTW my last game was the playoff game against the Patriots and I was able to come check out the OF1. Very cool. I think we may have spoke briefly. I got there just after the lobster races I think the only other person that I remember meeting that day was RaiderH8er, although i could be wrong on the handle.