The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Default Jaworski out!

Ron Jaworski Gets Booted From The Monday Night Football Booth. THIS GUY IS HAPPY!

Have you ever dreamed of what the Monday Night Football Booth might sound like without Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden egging each other on reach to new and disturbing levels of sycophantic guffawing? I have. Oh, how I've dreamed of a sensibly assembled two-man MNF booth featuring Mike Tirico b****ing out the refs alongside QB Camp Gruden instead of Idiot Gruden. And now, at long last ... that dream has come to pass! In a rare convergence of political maneuvering and common sense, the ENTERTAINMENT SPORTS PROGRAMMING NETWORK has kicked Jaws out of the MNF booth. Leave it to ESPN to phrase a demotion as a "new, expanded, multiplatform role":

http://deadspin.com/5885372/ron-jawo...s-guy-is-happy

Last edited by Archer81; 02-15-2012 at 12:23 PM..
Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Ron Jaworski Gets Booted From The Monday Night Football Booth. THIS GUY IS HAPPY!

Have you ever dreamed of what the Monday Night Football Booth might sound like without Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden egging each other on reach to new and disturbing levels of sycophantic guffawing? I have. Oh, how I've dreamed of a sensibly assembled two-man MNF booth featuring Mike Tirico b****ing out the refs alongside QB Camp Gruden instead of Idiot Gruden. And now, at long last ... that dream has come to pass! In a rare convergence of political maneuvering and common sense, the ENTERTAINMENT SPORTS PROGRAMMING NETWORK has kicked Jaws out of the MNF booth. Leave it to ESPN to phrase a demotion as a "new, expanded, multiplatform role":

http://deadspin.com/5885372/ron-jawo...s-guy-is-happy

Is this writer 12? I can absolutely imagine Monday Night Football without Jaws and Gruden. In fact, MNF has never been the same, after Al Michaels...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Drop the question mark from the title, He IS out.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

My Jaws just dropped
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Honestly, I prefer Jaws to Gruden. Gruden is the NFL's version of Dick Vitale. He rarely issues more than tepid criticism towards anyone. Everyone can (to use Vitale's vocabulary) "flat out play" or "flat out coach."
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

We need this guy back:

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Honestly, I prefer Jaws to Gruden. Gruden is the NFL's version of Dick Vitale. He rarely issues more than tepid criticism towards anyone. Everyone can (to use Vitale's vocabulary) "flat out play" or "flat out coach."
when i heard they hired Gruden, i was exited because they hired someone who knows the game of football. Instead of Gruden the coach, we got Gruden the "that guy is a football player" ass kissing bore. After watching the game, you would think both teams were filled with all stars and MVPs.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #9
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
when i heard they hired Gruden, i was exited because they hired someone who knows the game of football. Instead of Gruden the coach, we got Gruden the "that guy is a football player" ass kissing bore. After watching the game, you would think both teams were filled with all stars and MVPs.
I think part of this is that coaches tend to be positive thinkers. I think ex-players who announce probably focus more on the analysis. Analysis is part of a coach's job obviously, but another big part of it is motivation. And I think it's difficult for a lot of coaches to set that part aside when they watch football.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #10
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Must be why I saw him on a Peanut Chews commercial recently.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

I think Jaws is a really good person. I think his pretend enthusiasm is really old. The worst is when he and Hoge do their version of a really watered-down NFL playbook and they start growling and grunting at each other when explaining anything. It's hard to listen to.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I like Jaws and I especially love his playbook analysis. He annoyed me, however, when he jumped on Trent Green's jock at KC during the Dick Vermiel era, and I haven't enjoyed his analysis as much as I did before that because it bugged me how biased he was towards Trent Green due to his love of Vermiel.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #13
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

Yeah, a few years back Jaws was sort of refreshing in that he was giving a bit of what Madden used to do only with less ... arm waiving. But, he got lazy.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

maybe they bring back Dennis Miller
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
Gruden is just trying to be this generations Madden. He's got the coaching credentials and now he gets to dumb down the game for everyone.

I can't believe peeps don't realize his stupid angle.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think Jaws is a really good person. I think his pretend enthusiasm is really old. The worst is when he and Hoge do their version of a really watered-down NFL playbook and they start growling and grunting at each other when explaining anything. It's hard to listen to.
I think he was great when he was with HBO doing the same thing. I felt it helped understand some plays to the average football fan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Shananahan

I don't think I'll miss Jaworski at all, but he annoyed me much, much less than Gruden. I felt genuinely sorry for Mike Tirico on multiple occasions last season.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
Jay3

Uh-oh. Why do I think Tebow placed a call and got him fired? He should have got with the program like Gruden.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I think Jaworski has been at ESPN way too long and it's affected his ability to analyze the game. When he first started out as an analyst, he was good. Now, he's more annoying than anything else.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
extralife
Ring of Famer

this is good mainly because Jaworski is actually good at all the things he stopped doing when he went in the booth. which he can now do again. and yes, Jaws and Gruden going at it was ****ing insufferable.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I say bring him in for a look, he has to be better than that Tebow guy
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #22
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

anytime ESPN gets ahold of nfl football on primetime it turns to crap.
remember when the best teams played on MNF when it was on ABC and the announcers were like AAA quality.
and sunday night football was like ok but the announcers were mostly crap and they was like grade c class now NBC has the best games and ESPN just has whatever crappy to good team. whatever luck of the draw game they got . just saying .
long story short ESPN is a bit crappy NBC is the best
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Shananahan

That's a lot of class knowledge for someone who doesn't seem to have ever attended one.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM   #24
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
anytime ESPN gets ahold of nfl football on primetime it turns to crap.
remember when the best teams played on MNF when it was on ABC and the announcers were like AAA quality.
and sunday night football was like ok but the announcers were mostly crap and they was like grade c class now NBC has the best games and ESPN just has whatever crappy to good team. whatever luck of the draw game they got . just saying .
long story short ESPN is a bit crappy NBC is the best
There's a very specific set of reasons for that, if you read the ESPN book. Shapiro negotiated that deal, and got royally screwed by the NFL. ESPN wouldn't pay a reasonable price for the whole package (Sunday and Monday), so NFL went off and screwed them.

NBC's deal is much more valuable, and NBC gets first pick of the games.

ESPN not only doesn't get second pick, they don't get any pick. The NFL dictates the games to them, and trolls them.

In my opinion, this is bad for football. NFL needs to grow up and put one of the week's best games on Monday.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
There's a very specific set of reasons for that, if you read the ESPN book. Shapiro negotiated that deal, and got royally screwed by the NFL. ESPN wouldn't pay a reasonable price for the whole package (Sunday and Monday), so NFL went off and screwed them.

NBC's deal is much more valuable, and NBC gets first pick of the games.

ESPN not only doesn't get second pick, they don't get any pick. The NFL dictates the games to them, and trolls them.
You really think this is the reason? I just figured that ESPN only cares the minimal amount about the quality of the broadcast because they know people are going to watch it either way. I mean, it's not like they put any sort of impressive effort into most of the other stuff they produce outside of the 30 for 30 series.

I'd guess Jaws was shown the door due to friction between he and Gruden or something.