The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Default Whitlock bashes on Tebow

Just took a glance at this article and going thorugh it something caught my eye. Was wondering what your alls opinion on it was or if it was just me, but Whitlock is bashing Tebow because he is white and the only reason he is starting is because of "The predominantly white Denver Broncos fan base pressured John Fox and John Elway to elevate Tebow from third string to starter. It took a rash of injuries and total desperation to get Lin into the Knicks' lineup."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/U...al-deal-021412
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Shananahan

If race didn't exist, what would Whitlock write about?
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
TD4HOF
Perennial Pro-bowler

He's Better Than MJ!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bowlen’s Legacy

Once upon a time, he was a solid writer in the shadows of Ralph Wiley and Hunter Thompson. Now he's....what? I don't even know. Weird turn.
TD4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Whitlock jumped the shark some time ago. Honestly surprised that he has a job right now, but I'm sure that'll change soon....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
Whitlock jumped the shark some time ago. Honestly surprised that he has a job right now, but I'm sure that'll change soon....
Ya no kidding right? Keep writing articles like that that not only make no sense but bring up points like that that are completly irrelevant to the topic at hand. The media dies more and more each day
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 AM   #6
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

He had some HONEST takes on the Chefs even when he lived there but this is some bad journalism..................period !!!!
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wait...

Was Kyle Orton black and I never noticed it?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
Bronco Yoda

He's throwing crap against the wall and getting paid for it What's new.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #9
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

The fans that put up the billboards are Muslim. Not sure that fits into his narrative though.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:42 AM   #10
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

He's black, so he can get away with writing something like that. Could you imagine the media and religious backlash that would happen, if a white journalist wrote something like that except only blasting black people?

Welcome to the world we live in. Where racism is perfectly accepted, as long as you are Mr./Mrs. black person blasting whitey.
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
ThirtyDegrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
He's black, so he can get away with writing something like that. Could you imagine the media and religious backlash that would happen, if a white journalist wrote something like that except only blasting black people?

Welcome to the world we live in. Where racism is perfectly accepted, as long as you are Mr./Mrs. black person blasting whitey.
It's really tough out there for white people.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Two inches of pain?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism View Post
Wait...

Was Kyle Orton black and I never noticed it?
This. Same with Brady Quinn. I am such a non racist that I didn't even notice. I don't see color! Or maybe I am racist because my mind makes me see our QBs as white guys?

Last edited by jhns; 02-15-2012 at 07:22 AM..
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 AM   #14
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

meh....it's a throw away comment in an article about Lin that will be used to get media attention to his article....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

The nice thing is that Lin and Tebow probably would like and support each other if they met.

Whitlock is just an angry fat man looking for a gripe.

Hey Whitlock, just wait until the Tebow train hits full speed next season, you really won't like it then...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM   #16
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Some of you people are so sensitive. I don't really see much of a "bash" of Tebow here. His premise that Lin is more of an "underdog" than Tebow is absolutely correct. Other than some of you perhaps being uncomfortable with the race issues I don't see what the problem is here. Once again, anyone and anything that doesn't bend over backwards to praise Tebow gets hated around here.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Some of you people are so sensitive. I don't really see much of a "bash" of Tebow here. His premise that Lin is more of an "underdog" than Tebow is absolutely correct. Other than some of you perhaps being uncomfortable with the race issues I don't see what the problem is here. Once again, anyone and anything that doesn't bend over backwards to praise Tebow gets hated around here.
Racist rants are okay as long as they are saying Tebow doesn't deserve what he gets!

Damn you are dumb.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Racist rants are okay as long as they are saying Tebow doesn't deserve what he gets!
What do you find "racist"? Again, you're over reacting. Stop being such a Nancy. You're soft.

Quote:
Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter.
^ Looks like Whitlock wrote this specifically for people like you.

Last edited by TonyR; 02-15-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #19
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What do you find "racist"? Again, you're over reacting. Stop being such a Nancy. You're soft.

^ Looks like Whitlock wrote this specifically for people like you.
So racist rants aren't racist if the racist says thry aren't racist... Very intelligent argument. Only someone with your superior brain power could come up with something this retarded.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
So racist rants aren't racist if the racist says thry aren't racist... Very intelligent argument. Only someone with your superior brain power could come up with something this retarded.
You can throw around as many insults as you want. That won't cover up for for the fact that you still haven't even attempted to answer my question and that you don't remotely have a specific criticism of the article but instead the usual vague, general jhns hatred, incivility, and ignorance.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #21
Drunken.Broncoholic

Whitlock has been doing this for years. Most of his articles are spawned during his 4th trip to the buffet at the local Sizzlers. Whitlocks comment about Lins "small private parts" should get him fired. A white journalist would certainly be fired. Like Imus commenting on hair.

You can't expect much from a guy who wrote an article explaining why the pats vs ravens game was white vs black.

This Article is a result of his twitter post that is most certainly racist. He had to write a follow up apologizing while deflecting his ignorance back onto religion than race.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 02-15-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You can throw around as many insults as you want. That won't cover up for for the fact that you still haven't even attempted to answer my question and that you don't remotely have a specific criticism of the article but instead the usual vague, general jhns hatred, incivility, and ignorance.
He said Tebow is starting here because he is white... The 8-5 record, compared to the other starters 1-4 record, doesn't prove that wrong or anything! The other two QBs are also white... He says Newton should have started over a guy that set a ****load of college records and won a LOT of games. The winning can't be the reason Tebow was starting!

The entire article is garbage. This guy always goes off on racist rants. You defend it because you are a racist moron.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #23
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran

As an Asian-American myself who loves the Broncos, I found this statement pretty absurd:

"Jeremy Lin is performing and succeeding in a culture — the black basketball culture — that is perceived by many Asian Americans as hostile toward them"

How can he say this when the NBA is constantly marekting their brand and image towards China?

I think journalists like Whitlock like to overemphasize the race angle just for attention, or because they don't know the experience of other minorities. As an Asian who grew up in the predominantly white suburbs of Denver and has lived in a couple major US cities, I can count on one hand the number of times I've faced any type of serious racial profiling, stereotyping, or abuse, and on two of those occasions it was from little kids. Guys like Whitlock make it seems much worse than it really is.... I don't see the "black basketball culture" as hostile, I see it more as dynamic and interesting.

It's crazy that he thinks Tebow's glory is partly due to him being white. I really believe that our country would have treated him largely the same no matter what race he is, but that only our media would have treated him differently. I could be naive, but I'm only speaking from my experience.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #24
Drunken.Broncoholic

This is nothing new. Whitlock had articles out already about Tebow Getting passes cause he's white. He's flat out said of tebow was black he would get benched. Then went into emotional hysterics about Sarah Palin, and an empty dessert bar at the local Sizzlers
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
He said Tebow is starting here because he is white... The 8-5 record, compared to the other starters 1-4 record, doesn't prove that wrong or anything! The other two QBs are also white... He says Newton should have started over a guy that set a ****load of college records and won a LOT of games. The winning can't be the reason Tebow was starting!

The entire article is garbage. This guy always goes off on racist rants. You defend it because you are a racist moron.
Such a drama queen. I don't see how/where Whitlock says Tebow is starting "because he's white". And since he replaced a white QB I don't see how that would even be an issue. Why do you go to such lengths to contrive grievances and play the victim? I also like your logic that I, a white man, am somehow "racist" for not having a beef with Whitlock, a black man. That makes sense in jnhs world I guess. What a dope.