The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #1
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Default Steelers Harrsion/Clark call out Pats

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ter-super-bowl

INDIANAPOLIS -- James Harrison has been called the dirtiest player in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker added another title Sunday night: rudest player in the league.

As soon as the New England Patriots fell short in a 21-17 loss in the Super Bowl, Harrison posted on Twitter: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"

Not sure if you could tell by the amount of exclamation points, but Harrison is extremely happy by the Patriots' misery. Of course, he's bringing up "Spygate," the 2007 incident where the Patriots were caught videotaping the New York Jets defensive coaches' signals.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on with this on Twitter: "0-2 [in Super Bowls] post spy gate! Just saying!!"
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Truth hurts
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
CEH
Ring of Famer

I love it
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

super bowl 45! scoreboard!

errrrrrrrrrrrr

derp
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Well, he's not lying.

They really haven't won anything since the scandal OR since they started letting Brady fling it all over the field.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Well, he's not lying.

They really haven't won anything since the scandal OR since they started letting Brady fling it all over the field.

Its hard for bellicheck to gameplan for superbowl without filming the other team's practices the week before the game.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Pats defense is just too old and the other half is that bad.

Their defensive strategy is for the offense to jump out to a big lead and then just bring a can of whoop ass with blitzing etc. when that doesnt happen they have major issues.

Watching the giants defense wasnt all world the first 2-3 quarters was strong enough and stout enough to give the giants a chance. Damn I wish we had that kind of run stopping/pass rushing defense. I want a great Tackle and MLB in this draft and we can be on our way!
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #8
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Its hard for bellicheck to gameplan for superbowl without filming the other team's practices the week before the game.
which raises the question, were the Patsies simply so much better than the Broncos that their linemen would be in the Broncos backfield mere milliseconds after the ball was snapped, or did Joshie know something that made him very valuable during that week before the divisional round?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Amani Toomer said last week that if the Pats don't win you have to mark their 3 wins with an asterisks because of the cheating. Do you agree with him? Belichick hasn't won a title since he was busted for cheating.
Attached Images

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ter-super-bowl

INDIANAPOLIS -- James Harrison has been called the dirtiest player in the NFL. The Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker added another title Sunday night: rudest player in the league.

As soon as the New England Patriots fell short in a 21-17 loss in the Super Bowl, Harrison posted on Twitter: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"
Not sure if you could tell by the amount of exclamation points, but Harrison is extremely happy by the Patriots' misery. Of course, he's bringing up "Spygate," the 2007 incident where the Patriots were caught videotaping the New York Jets defensive coaches' signals.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on with this on Twitter: "0-2 [in Super Bowls] post spy gate! Just saying!!"
Sometimes you've gotta say it like it is.
I'm glad it's been brought up in plain view once again, not that people didn't already know, but enough of this Bellichick mastermind and Brady the greatest talks.
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Another McDaniels little known effect! lol!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #13
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Pats defense is just too old and the other half is that bad.

Their defensive strategy is for the offense to jump out to a big lead and then just bring a can of whoop ass with blitzing etc. when that doesnt happen they have major issues.

Watching the giants defense wasnt all world the first 2-3 quarters was strong enough and stout enough to give the giants a chance. Damn I wish we had that kind of run stopping/pass rushing defense. I want a great Tackle and MLB in this draft and we can be on our way!
The reason the Giants match up so well against the Pats is because the middle of their defense is so strong. Their corners suck, but their DL, LBs, and Safeties are pretty good. The Pats strength on offense is throwing it down the middle of the field. They have no outside passing game.

The reason we match up so poorly with them is because the middle of our defense is the weakest part of our roster.

But the addition of Lloyd next year will give the Pats a legitimate outside threat and I would imagine they will draft a nice receiver this year also.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

New England fans really don't get that the entire country thinks they are a bunch of dirty cheaters. That will haunt them for quite awhile.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Irony: A cheater calling out another cheater.

Dear James, learn how to play correctly like every other player in the league has figured out.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Truth hurts

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #17
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is no small feat and more than most teams can say.

Last edited by TonyR; 02-06-2012 at 05:58 PM..
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
ozomulsion
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The ladies man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
The reason the Giants match up so well against the Pats is because the middle of their defense is so strong. Their corners suck, but their DL, LBs, and Safeties are pretty good. The Pats strength on offense is throwing it down the middle of the field. They have no outside passing game.

The reason we match up so poorly with them is because the middle of our defense is the weakest part of our roster.

But the addition of Lloyd next year will give the Pats a legitimate outside threat and I would imagine they will draft a nice receiver this year also.
What? The Giants LBs are ok. Their corners don't suck at all. Green Bay had an off game, plus some drops, but you do not beat the Packers with sucky corners. Most teams would love to have a set of corners like Ross, Webster, and Amukamara.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is not small feat and more than most teams can say.
Exactly. Aside from all the winning it took to get to 2 more Super Bowls. Cheaters never win. Not to mention, it took a helmet catch, a dropped INT, the Pats most dangerous weapon (Gronk) being injured, and a drop by one of the best WRs in the NFL for the Giants to pull off those two wins.

But besides that. Cheaters never win

I'd respond to James Harrison with "Rapists never win" But I'm sure he expects to win another ring with Big Ben at QB.

Last edited by ozomulsion; 02-06-2012 at 04:47 PM..
ozomulsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
HAHAHAHAHA OH WOW thats good
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

he makes a valid point but then again he's the ric flair of the NFL.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Jay3

The Pats reap what they have sown. Caught cheating, and you raise a specter of doubt over everything you've ever achieved and everything you ever will achieve. Especially while Bellichick is still there.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
Another McDaniels little known effect! lol!
I wonder if Belly regrets hiring mCd before the SB!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #23
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Exactly. Aside from all the winning it took to get to 2 more Super Bowls. Cheaters never win. Not to mention, it took a helmet catch, a dropped INT, the Pats most dangerous weapon (Gronk) being injured, and a drop by one of the best WRs in the NFL for the Giants to pull off those two wins.
Well this year it didn't take much winning. The AFC was weak overall and even though a team can only play the schedule they are given, playing only 3 playoff teams overall during the season, and losing two of them doesn't lend to having to scratch out wins, although the Pats did at times. And getting very, very lucky in the playoffs by getting to play us and winning on the leg of a kicker I could not believe anyone was picking the Pats this past week. IMO the Giants won both of those SB's with their better players, it wasn't the multitude of excuses you have given the Pats.

As far as what Harrison said, he's definitely not in the minority. The most watched SB of all time and I can guarantee you the majority of those watching wasn't to root for "your team". It was rooting against one team. And if it's rude, the Pats have earned it. Whether it's true or not that "spygate" had any influence on any of their past SB wins, they earned the scrutiny by the majority. So cry me a river Pats and their fans, the jokes now on you as you may have ruined what could have been a glorious dynasty.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
ayjackson
Pro Bowler

Not so new to the forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Well, I hate to be the devil's advocate here but they have made it to the Super Bowl twice since the scandal which is no small feat and more than most teams can say.
OMG. They must still be cheating!!
ayjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #25
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozomulsion View Post

But besides that. Cheaters never win

I'd respond to James Harrison with "Rapists never win" But I'm sure he expects to win another ring with Big Ben at QB.
I would put some of those "Drops" on Brady, he was off on both the Welker and Branch Drops.

Throw in the Tuck rule, Spygate, a missed FG by the Colts and a Missed FG by the Ravens (plus the Ravens TD that was knocked away) and I think the Patsy's have been lucky to be in more than 1 SB in the Brady era.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote