The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default What an awesome Super Bowl!

What an awesome Super Bowl. I just re-watched the 4th quarter.

Was cheering for Giants all day, and almost lost hope when the Pats were driving late in the 4th. My Giants friend kept the faith and stayed optimistic. He texted:

"Dude, 2 point game late in the 4th. No worries!"

The only game more exciting than this one (and I'm speaking as a Broncos fan) was Super Bowl 32. Both were great games that came down to the final play. And both involved a team letting the other team score a TD so they could get the ball back.

Watching Brady and BigCheat lose was very satisfying.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
RandyMoss84
Rookie

The 2007 Superbowl between the Giants-Patriots was better but the greatest Superbowl I ever watched was the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl in my opinion

Last edited by RandyMoss84; 02-06-2012 at 02:08 AM..
RandyMoss84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:19 AM   #3
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84 View Post
The 2007 Superbowl between the Giants-Patriots was better but the greatest Superbowl I ever watched was the Patriots-Panthers Superbowl in my opinion
Who the **** are you?
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Um... what?
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #5
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The finish was one for the ages and made it a classic, honestly it was pretty tame stuff for most of the game though.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #6
Armchair Bronco

Maybe I over-stated things, but this game is definitely worth watching again. Same with the first Patriots-Giants matchup. And, of course, SB 32. The Pittsburgh-Arizona game was also classic, but I hate RuthlessRaper so that game's hard to watch.

Nuttin's worse than a SB blowout (as all Broncos fan know), and this game was close from start to finish. And the halftime show w/ Madonna was fantastic. Overall, I give this event a solid and honest "A".
Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #7
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This was the first SB for me since the Ravens' win that I half-assedly paid attention to. The matchup just didn't intrigue me.

This game didn't have the dominant showdown like the Pats-Giants first game had. Brady that day was on his game but the DL did their jobs like something you'd see in an overmatched college game. That was fun to watch. Realistically, this game came down to like 4 or 5 dropped balls on the last two NE drives. They weren't great plays by the Giants D, they were fairly open receivers that just dropped balls.

I was not disappointed that I only halfway watched.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Pats-Panthers was a ridiculous 4th Quarter. Pissed the Pats pulled it out.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #9
Drek
Ring of Famer

This might have been the sloppiest SB I've ever seen. Drops all over the field. Bunch of fumbles for a SB. DBs were god awful all game. Dumb penalties including a 12 men on the field penalty on each team, etc.. Worst SB in a while played by two teams that backed in thanks to playing bigger screw ups as their championship round opponents.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Crappy commercials, pretty mediocre to poor halftime show, and relatively sloppy boring game until the end. On second thought, the game was decent...overall, I'd give yesterday a B minus to high C.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
This might have been the sloppiest SB I've ever seen. Drops all over the field. Bunch of fumbles for a SB. DBs were god awful all game. Dumb penalties including a 12 men on the field penalty on each team, etc.. Worst SB in a while played by two teams that backed in thanks to playing bigger screw ups as their championship round opponents.
until the AFCCG, the Pats didn't beat an opponent with a winning record. NYG backed in with a 9-7 record. sounds about right for the sloppy play you mentioned.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

When the broncos aren't in, all I really want in a SB is for it to be close and exciting and entertaining. This one delivered. And with the added bonus of mcdip**** being sad again yesterday and today.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

it was ok.....it was like an NBA game. You could have waited until the 4th quarter to start watching
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Did Not Watch
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
When the broncos aren't in, all I really want in a SB is for it to be close and exciting and entertaining. This one delivered. And with the added bonus of mcdip**** being sad again yesterday and today.
This needs to get more play. It's hardly a coincidence that, across the board, their offensive stats have gone down since he came back.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #16
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I was pretty bored until the last minute, I will admit. The Manchester Uniter vs Chelsea game earlier in the day was far and beyond the better game.

I guess we all see something different in a game.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

The best Super Bowl of the past 20 years is Super Bowl 32. 14 point dogs with a damn near 14 year losing streak for the AFC.

Outside of that, in my lifetime(75 to present) the best Super Bowl was the second 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl with Boomer and Joe......and the Icky Shuffle.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote