The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default The Indispensable Fan

Roosevelt, Miller told me, loved football, but had never played the game -- by the time he was president, Roosevelt cut a brawny, outdoorsmanlike, Hemingwayesque figure (well, Hemingway hadn't been heard of in those years, but you get the picture), yet as a boy he was small, sickly and wore eyeglasses. When he was serving in the White House and football was under fire, he wanted the game to survive, "but he realized that the critics had a point. ... He loved the sport and thought it was great, but he recognized there was a threat to it. ... He was concerned that we would lose the game."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/05/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c3
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Shananahan

Good read. He was a pretty awesome dude.

Can't really even imagine the president these days engaging in boxing matches for fun, going bear hunting, or taking safaris and exploring uncharted rivers and lands. Roosevelt lived life all-out.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Good read. He was a pretty awesome dude.

Can't really even imagine the president these days engaging in boxing matches for fun, going bear hunting, or taking safaris and exploring uncharted rivers and lands. Roosevelt lived life all-out.
Not to mention swimming naked in the Potomac River in the winter or riding his horse through the park and shooting off a revolver.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

sorta like an American Putin. manly man. opposite of she-man Clinton.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Not to mention swimming naked in the Potomac River in the winter or riding his horse through the park and shooting off a revolver.
I do that every other weekend. Psh...only since I am England, now it is the Thames. And since guns are a no-no except for hunting, I just shoot off my mouth in a pub near by house called REVOLution...close enough...
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote