The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Skip Bayless & Tim Tebow on ESPN's First Take : February 3rd, 2012

Skip Bayless Interviews Tim Tebow About His Faith

Talk Super Bowl Predictions and Memorable Moments From Season

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

love the kid's loyalty at the end with Gase
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

Agreed. Tebowner engage. I am so excited to see this kid in a FULL NFL season (Off season, TC, Pre-Season, and 16+ games).
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Bronco Yoda

Skip is really playing the Jesus angle to get Tebow to trip up. Good for Tebow remaining composed. Smart young man.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
riiiiick
Solid Starter

"the way you play...torments people"....lol. That is hilarious and some what true! It's also entertaining and fun to watch.
riiiiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Skip is really playing the Jesus angle to get Tebow to trip up. Good for Tebow remaining composed. Smart young man.
I agree. Maybe it's me, but he does seem a little 'canned'. He trots out the same phrases again and again (watch his appearances on fallon, SVP, and this). Granted, he gets asked the same (often moronic) questions over and over, but he still sounds like a 24 year old kid, albeit with a deeper devotion to God than most.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
bombay
Ring of Famer

Bayless is pathetic. How he has a job is beyond comprehension.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
I agree. Maybe it's me, but he does seem a little 'canned'. He trots out the same phrases again and again (watch his appearances on fallon, SVP, and this). Granted, he gets asked the same (often moronic) questions over and over, but he still sounds like a 24 year old kid, albeit with a deeper devotion to God than most.
Yaeh he does come off as a little naive and shy. But I can't imagine handling what he is handling at 24. I would have been reduced to saying over and over 'derp....derp.....& yah.....yah...." lol
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
MacGruder

Quote:
He has to have canned answers.. one misstep and he would get crucified... It shows how bright he is that he hasn't really been crucified yet.

People also complain about all the media he does but I think it's a necessary evil because if he didn't do it things would spiral out of control even more. One reason he had to write that book is because the media had all the control over his image.. people wonder why people hate Tebow so much.. it's because of how the media has portrayed him and over exposed him.

I remember when that documentary came out about him preparing for draft and how many people realized what an amazing guy he was.. how hard he worked etc. ESPN and others never showed that side of him at all... they were too busy trying to fuel the Tebow debate.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Could you imagine what would happen if Cutler faced this kind of scrutiny?
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
riiiiick
Solid Starter

Quote:
Canned because so many are waiting for him to say anything they could spin. Front page news all across the county. I don't blame him. The fact he still comes across as sincere is a lesson in public speaking 101.
riiiiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
Premier-Ace55
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
love the kid's loyalty at the end with Gase
That's cool but what is he doing in the time before he can meet with adam gase and the other broncos coaches and officials. He needs that type of tutoring and close studying especially if he learns by doing. I personally think he could use two months of in depth work.
Premier-Ace55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier-Ace55 View Post
That's cool but what is he doing in the time before he can meet with adam gase and the other broncos coaches and officials. He needs that type of tutoring and close studying especially if he learns by doing. I personally think he could use two months of in depth work.
Are you sure the problem isn't that he is thinking too much about his mechanics etc? Tebow's coaches all along have said he is the kind you need to pull the reins back on, not kick him in the rear...

Tebow may be better off with slow adjustments and just letting him play rather than trying to change him too much...
Old 02-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
He has to have canned answers.. one misstep and he would get crucified... It shows how bright he is that he hasn't really been crucified yet.

People also complain about all the media he does but I think it's a necessary evil because if he didn't do it things would spiral out of control even more. One reason he had to write that book is because the media had all the control over his image.. people wonder why people hate Tebow so much.. it's because of how the media has portrayed him and over exposed him.

I remember when that documentary came out about him preparing for draft and how many people realized what an amazing guy he was.. how hard he worked etc. ESPN and others never showed that side of him at all... they were too busy trying to fuel the Tebow debate.
Well, that's odd....cuz I saw that documentary on ESPN.

Maybe it's like that conspiracy where your side claimed EFX wasn't supporting Tebow, despite naming him starter, and waiving Orton.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiiiick View Post
Canned because so many are waiting for him to say anything they could spin. Front page news all across the county. I don't blame him. The fact he still comes across as sincere is a lesson in public speaking 101.
you're right the kid says the right things all the time..... no matter how badly they try to trip him up. what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him
Yeah, sure that's what they say. Hear it all the time. Strawbot.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
MacGruder

Quote:
Well, that's odd....cuz I saw that documentary on ESPN.

Maybe it's like that conspiracy where your side claimed EFX wasn't supporting Tebow, despite naming him starter, and waiving Orton.
ESPN bought it from Tebow's friends from college that made it.. after they had already smeared him...

They probably figured if anyone was going to benefit from Tebow hype it would be them.. then they proceeded to trash him even more..
Old 02-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
MacGruder

Quote:
you're right the kid says the right things all the time..... no matter how badly they try to trip him up. what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else
You can't do anything in football without a total team effort.. that goes for any star..

Yet you don't hear that about any other stars having help.. only when Tebow is successful..
Old 02-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #19
Jay3

Quote:
I've been listening to him for 5 years. He's genuine, but he's like a politician in that he's not going to be baited into saying something even remotely negative. And he has a way of working in his "talking points." (Right now, it's the hospital and Tebowing while Chemo-ing).

Bottom line, he's got a computer turning in that head of his, and he thinks about three questions ahead, and can read the headlines his answers would generate. He just will not say something that can be criticized out of context (The Woody "grabbed away" interview was either a rare lapse or a misquote).

And I'll bet you Gase/McCoy have told him they don't want him going to a mechanics guru. But instead of putting it on them, he just repeats the mantra that he's got confidence in them. (It's also possible he's got plans he can't share yet, and so his answer was a sidestep).
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Jay3

Quote:
You can't do anything in football without a total team effort.. that goes for any star..

Yet you don't hear that about any other stars having help.. only when Tebow is successful..

I know -- I don't know how many times I've heard about Aaron Rodgers playing at a level not seen before this year, or about how elite Eli has become. And those compliments were deserved.

Say something about Tebow and you get a lecture about how football has 11 guys on the field.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
TheFullTebow

Quote:
what I find extremely odd is when people try to give him all the credit for then playoff run, he constantly talks about the team, but his fans do the exact opposite and say it was nobody else but him, zombies who believe it was all him and nobody else
You take an oath to a man whom you know follows the laws of providence, which he obeys independently of the influence of earthly powers, who leads Broncos Country rightly, and who will guide the Broncos fate. Through your oath you bind yourselves to a man who that is our faith was sent to us by higher powers. Do not seek Tim Tebow with your mind. You will find him through the strength of your hearts!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #22
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Dvr'd this as I saw a promo for it before i left work this morning. I thought it was the most Tebow has opened up to date, but as bayless said, the kid is very media savvy. His canned responses get old and I'm sire he gets tired of rehashing the dame junk. Nevertheless, I'm ecstatic the kid is on our team.

I'm also a bit diappointed that he didn't take Bayless up on his offer for the 2 week mini camp w. Bradys QB coach.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #23
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

No matter what you think of him as a QB, he is an impressive guy. Great job answering controversial questions and staying loyal and supportive to the organization and it's leaders.
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #24
Armchair Bronco

I am proud that Tebow is the QB of my Denver Broncos.

TE-BOW! TE-BOW!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Are you sure the problem isn't that he is thinking too much about his mechanics etc? Tebow's coaches all along have said he is the kind you need to pull the reins back on, not kick him in the rear...

Tebow may be better off with slow adjustments and just letting him play rather than trying to change him too much...
Tebow needs to get better weather you think he does or not.He cant meet with gase during the offseason. He better find someone who can show him how to play the position. UNLESS gase gave him some things to work on by himself that will deliver results. FACT, tebow has to get better. He cant get better by hiimself. To be honest I dont think he wants to change his game.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote