The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #601
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
well reasoned post. I almost believed it until I remembered you gave up on the Tebow experriment after 6 bad quarters...
I think some of you forget, or mis-remember, the overall circumstances:

>We had the great 7-1 run. I was cautious about Tebow but slowly started to come around as the run continued.
>The run came to a screeching halt when we got killed by NE. Although Tebow isn't to blame for the loss there was no "Tebow magic" in that one.
>Needing a bounce back the following week Tebow played horribly and we got blown out by Buffalo.
>If reality hadn't already settled in it did the following week when we got beat at home by Orton and the Chiefs and Tebow again played poorly.

So I concluded, perhaps rashly, perhaps incorrectly, that the success was more of a mirage than reality. Tebow played poorly in large parts of some of those wins. There were a lot of circumstances (mediocre to poor opponents, injured key opponents players, miracle plays, opponent mistakes, etc.) that supported the feeling that the reality wasn't as pretty as the 7-1 run. Roll this up with another late season collapse and the need to back into the playoffs and I was an unhappy Broncos fan.

What's odd to me is that while I can understand the optimism and admiration many have for Tebow, some of you can't seem to understand those that have doubts. Even here, where I think I've been perfectly reasonable, people have to continue to play the "hater" card just because they don't agree with my opinion.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #602
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think some of you forget, or mis-remember, the overall circumstances:

>We had the great 7-1 run. I was cautious about Tebow but slowly started to come around as the run continued.
>The run came to a screeching halt when we got killed by NE. Although Tebow isn't to blame for the loss there was no "Tebow magic" in that one.
>Needing a bounce back the following week Tebow played horribly and we got blown out by Buffalo.
>If reality hadn't already settled in it did the following week when we got beat at home by Orton and the Chiefs and Tebow again played poorly.

So I concluded, perhaps rashly, perhaps incorrectly, that the success was more of a mirage than reality. Tebow played poorly in large parts of some of those wins. There were a lot of circumstances (mediocre to poor opponents, injured key opponents players, miracle plays, opponent mistakes, etc.) that supported the feeling that the reality wasn't as pretty as the 7-1 run. Roll this up with another late season collapse and the need to back into the playoffs and I was an unhappy Broncos fan.

What's odd to me is that while I can understand the optimism and admiration many have for Tebow, some of you can't seem to understand those that have doubts. Even here, where I think I've been perfectly reasonable, people have to continue to play the "hater" card just because they don't agree with my opinion.
They play the hater card because you aren't at all reasonable. You are an idiot.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #603
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Come on, Rabb. You're better than this. Don't resort to jhns/Dedhed crap.
You know who's not "better than this"? You. You're filth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You can't judge a QB on W/L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
What do you think you CAN judge a QB on? (repeated for several pages until you finally answered)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Answer my question first then I'll answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Okay. Answers question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm not going to answer your question because I'll look as stupid and football incompetent as I actually am!
The funniest part:

After claiming W/L aren't part of a QBs judgment so you can defend future bust Cam Newton over world-class guy and current winning Broncos QB, you then say here that you judge him on the end of season losses.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...&postcount=601

Peculiar isn't it?

Typical hypocritical, know-nothing, Philly scum-bag.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #604
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I think some of you forget, or mis-remember, the overall circumstances:
I think that you are the one who mis-remembers (derp) the overall circumstances.

This team went 4-12 a year ago, largely led by an accomplished passer, who because of his passing prowess was again given the reins to the team to start this season. Promptly falling on his face and leading the team into a 1-4 hole, and the franchise to the lowest point, perhaps, in it's history.

The reins of the mostly dead franchise were given to Tebow and in the course of two months changed the entire direction of the ship, and the culture within the locker room. Leading a team that had no right to be there based on their talent level, not only to a playoff appearance, but to a victory over the best passing defense in football.

You can continue to question Tebow and his future all you want, but he has already done what none of the "pure passers" could do in Denver for the last 6 years. There is very obviously something about the guy that is special, and to deny that, and what he accomplished this year, because you can't look outside of the "prototype" box is absurd to me.

Last edited by Dedhed; 02-03-2012 at 10:09 AM..
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #605
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
The funniest part...
Sorry, Rev, but nothing is funnier than this (to the question of how many FO's would take Tebow over Newton):

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Answer: The majority of them, if not all.
Sad that you're so upset because somebody dares to disagree with you about something. I'm not taking this personally, but clearly you are.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #606
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sorry, Rev, but nothing is funnier than this (to the question of how many FO's would take Tebow over Newton):



Sad that you're so upset because somebody dares to disagree with you about something. I'm not taking this personally, but clearly you are.
No, the funny part is that you're so utterly reliant on an idea that is pure fantasy; You have absolutely no idea how many GMs would take Tebow. None. Not even the shred of an idea, but you speak as though it's the golden fact that supports all you say.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #607
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sorry, Rev, but nothing is funnier than this (to the question of how many FO's would take Tebow over Newton):



Sad that you're so upset because somebody dares to disagree with you about something. I'm not taking this personally, but clearly you are.
No Tony. I could care less that you disagree. You're wrong, but that's fine. After all, you've been wrong about just about everything since you've registered here (McD, Cutler, Orton, etc)

What I mind is after defending your sorry ass you don't even have the decency and/or balls to not only support your conclusion but to do what you SAID you'd do and answer the ****ing question.

Point blank: jhns is right and you're just a ****ing idiot. You have no basis for your thought process and you don't belong in any "discussion".

Here's my conclusion: You hate him because you're a whiny "woe is me" welfare state liberal. I have MUCH more evidence to support that than you do in yours.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #608
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
You can continue to question Tebow and his future all you want, but he has already done what none of the "pure passers" could do in Denver for the last 6 years. There is very obviously something about the guy that is special, and to deny that, and what he accomplished this year, because you can't look outside of the "prototype" box is absurd to me.
Good post, I agree with much of it. Agree that Tebow accomplished some great things, agree with the "something special", agree that it was a fun, magical ride. I just don't personally believe that it's sustainable. I think we had an almost perfect storm of things go right for us mixed in with some gutty play from Tebow (and many others on the team). It's unfortunate that some people take this whole thing so personally. But it is what it is.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #609
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Here's my conclusion: You hate him because you're a whiny "woe is me" welfare state liberal. I have MUCH more evidence to support that than you do in yours.
I'm floored that something transpired here that could make somebody so angry. You're taking this a little bit too seriously, don't you think?

And you still haven't supported your major criticism that I wasn't "talking football" while at the same time nobody else is, either. Why is the bar set higher for me than your buddy jhns and yourself, among others?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #610
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No Tony. I could care less that you disagree. You're wrong, but that's fine. After all, you've been wrong about just about everything since you've registered here (McD, Cutler, Orton, etc)

What I mind is after defending your sorry ass you don't even have the decency and/or balls to not only support your conclusion but to do what you SAID you'd do and answer the ****ing question.

Point blank: jhns is right and you're just a ****ing idiot. You have no basis for your thought process and you don't belong in any "discussion".

Here's my conclusion: You hate him because you're a whiny "woe is me" welfare state liberal. I have MUCH more evidence to support that than you do in yours.
What is JHNS right about?

1) That Tebow is better than Newton?
2) Denver fans are stupid and thats why there are doubts about Tebow?

He's made many claims in this thread but I just want to know which one you are supporting?
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #611
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
...You have absolutely no idea how many GMs would take Tebow. None. Not even the shred of an idea...
True that I can't prove it. But I'm amazed that anyone could actually think a majority would take Tebow over Newton. I'm also amazed that people take this as a criticism of Tebow.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #612
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
What is JHNS right about?
He's "right" because he agrees with Rev. You're not allowed to have your own opinion.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #613
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
What is JHNS right about?

1) That Tebow is better than Newton?
2) Denver fans are stupid and thats why there are doubts about Tebow?

He's made many claims in this thread but I just want to know which one you are supporting?
That tonyr is too stupid for the internet (ref: Tony hiding from his own opinion). Try and keep up.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #614
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
How the hell do we know his limitations yet? If anything, I think the evidence we have points to the kid having more potential than limitations at this point. I am not a major Tebow fan boy but I have seen enough to want to watch the kid develop or at least get the chance. Maybe I am biased because I was there in person this year to watch the first playoff win in years and a few other games that were just unreal. It was a season I won't ever forget.
Huge, huge limitations, like getting away close to being able to fire the ball out of a 3-step drop.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #615
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm floored that something transpired here that could make somebody so angry. You're taking this a little bit too seriously, don't you think?

And you still haven't supported your major criticism that I wasn't "talking football" while at the same time nobody else is, either. Why is the bar set higher for me than your buddy jhns and yourself, among others?
I'm not taking anything seriously. Especially not YOU after defending you for a couple years to realize I was completely wrong.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #616
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
Huge, huge limitations, like getting away close to being able to fire the ball out of a 3-step drop.
And we all know how smart you are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
I just don't think Tebow has the flexibility or the range or motion to ever make the quick throw over the middle.




















































^ (quick over the middle against 9 Steelers in the box)
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #617
vancejohnson82
Shabby
 
vancejohnson82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Posts: 6,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That tonyr is too stupid for the internet (ref: Tony hiding from his own opinion). Try and keep up.
ehhh, you popped in on the 24th page, spouted some angry bull**** and agreed with someone who has made 15 points in this thread....just trying to clear up what you were referring to


please don't beat me up
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:44 AM   #618
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Good post, I agree with much of it. Agree that Tebow accomplished some great things, agree with the "something special", agree that it was a fun, magical ride. I just don't personally believe that it's sustainable. I think we had an almost perfect storm of things go right for us mixed in with some gutty play from Tebow (and many others on the team). It's unfortunate that some people take this whole thing so personally. But it is what it is.
You are the one here making it personal, and you say as much above. Your problem is that you speak as if your belief; "it's not sustainable" were an incontrovertible truth. Which is moronic.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #619
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
ehhh, you popped in on the 24th page, spouted some angry bull**** and agreed with someone who has made 15 points in this thread....just trying to clear up what you were referring to


please don't beat me up
I was pretty clear about the entire thing but glad you chimed in for this.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #620
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
True that I can't prove it. But I'm amazed that anyone could actually think a majority would take Tebow over Newton. I'm also amazed that people take this as a criticism of Tebow.
The fact that you're amazed that people would have a differing opinion speaks volumes about you.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #621
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,280

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's "right" because he agrees with Rev. You're not allowed to have your own opinion.
Why don't you man up and put your opinion out there with why you feel that way?

Congrats, you're on the same level as Blueflame, Spider and Sassy. Just Tony and the girls.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #622
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,362

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
What is JHNS right about?

1) That Tebow is better than Newton?
2) Denver fans are stupid and thats why there are doubts about Tebow?

He's made many claims in this thread but I just want to know which one you are supporting?
A poster that can't read, or follow simple conversations, comes to the defense of a poster that is just like him. Go figure.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #623
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post


please don't beat me up
that dillwad couldnt beat his way out of a wet paper bag ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #624
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Why don't you man up and put your opinion out there with why you feel that way?

Congrats, you're on the same level as Blueflame, Spider and Sassy. Just Tony and the girls.
LMAO just cause every one of us have beat the snot out of your overreacting ass ..... you are by far the biggest drama queen here ... you google formations then present here as a great Idea ....... Clown
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #625
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,261

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
you are by far the biggest drama queen here
Says the troll bouncing from thread to thread seeking attention.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Denver Broncos