The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #576
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
How the hell do we know his limitations yet? If anything, I think the evidence we have points to the kid having more potential than limitations at this point. I am not a major Tebow fan boy but I have seen enough to want to watch the kid develop or at least get the chance. Maybe I am biased because I was there in person this year to watch the first playoff win in years and a few other games that were just unreal. It was a season I won't ever forget.
Yeah it was pretty sobering to go to that game, thinking how Tebow played under that kind of scrutiny, then coming back and seeing the same old crapwagon fans making excuses for Pittsburgh or acting as if the whole thing never happened.

Can't imagine being a fan of the team, witnessing that moment, and not wanting to see where this whole thing leads.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #577
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
this is worthless...you have the reading comprehension skills of a 4 year old addicted to huffing airplane glue
Says the guy that claims this doesn't happen if the winning QB is winning. So smart...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #578
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...Would you like Orton back?
Come on, Rabb. You're better than this. Don't resort to jhns/Dedhed crap.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #579
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Why not? You defended Orton and hate on Tebow. What do you expect people to think?
Old 02-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #580
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
...Orton...
It's funny, as much as you hate Orton one would think you'd be smart enough to understand why some people were upset after Orton outplayed Tebow in a late season game and the Broncos lost to the Chiefs. Remember that game, jhns? It was particularly upsetting after Tebow looked so awful in the prior week embarassment in Buffalo as well. But clearly you like getting embarassed...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #581
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's funny, as much as you hate Orton one would think you'd be smart enough to understand why some people were upset after Orton outplayed Tebow in a late season game and the Broncos lost to the Chiefs. Remember that game, jhns? It was particularly upsetting after Tebow looked so awful in the prior week embarassment in Buffalo as well. But clearly you like getting embarassed...
How dare we think that you like Orton more than the winning QB!

Way to prove what an idiot you are, again.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #582
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Harder schedule + more wins = worse team. You argue this as you call others stupid...

You are too stupid for message boards.

Quote:
You're too caught up in W/L. Go check out Peyton's Manning's W/L his rookie year. I bet some other rookies outperformed him in W/L that year, and certainly other years. So I guess that makes them superior to Manning in your world. Good to know.

Quote:
What does Manning, or any QB, have to do with what I said? You are proving to be far too stupid for message boards again.

Quote:
You really can't figure this out on your own? And I'm the one who's too stupid?
So, you claim I just spin conversations. Here is one that you still won't explain to me. This was the conversation. There is no possible way for me to spin it. Now explain what QBs have to do with what I said.

Yes, you are the one that is stupid.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #583
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Oh I am not resorting to that tactic, I was being serious though...you and I have generally seen eye to eye so I don't have a personal dog in the argument here.

I am just saying, we had a guy that seemed to be a prototypical QB and we actually regressed, we now have a guy that I look at as having a TON of potential, someone like the NFL doesn't have right now and I just cannot see not being excited about it.

That is my point really, I don't see how any fan can look at this last season and not be optimistic. Will he work out? I have no idea, this season will be a major test and put to bed any argument for or against the guy since he will have an entire off season to work with coaches and presumably a team built around him. It's just impossible for me to look past the end result, we won games including a playoff game where we were told we had no chance and he played like a complete QB in.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #584
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
So, you claim I just spin conversations.
Sigh. jhns, you and others are either explicitly or implicitly suggesting that Tebow > Newton because of W/L. You use this argument all the time. The whole "he took a 1-4 team and went 7-4" point. Sound familiar? I brought up Peyton Manning because he went 3-13 his rookie year. So clearly W/L isn't the best way to evaluate a rookie QB. You can obfuscate all you want to avoid this point but it isn't going away.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #585
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sigh. jhns, you and others are either explicitly or implicitly suggesting that Tebow > Newton because of W/L. You use this argument all the time. The whole "he took a 1-4 team and went 7-4" point. Sound familiar? I brought up Peyton Manning because he went 3-13 his rookie year. So clearly W/L isn't the best way to evaluate a rookie QB. You can obfuscate all you want to avoid this point but it isn't going away.
Now explain what any of this has to do with what I posted. That first quote is what you responded to. I am not an idiot like you. I know what point you are trying to make. That isn't what I asked... You continually prove you can't keep up with simple conversations. You are an idiot.

You tell me the QBs w/l record doesn't mean anything in a post were I attributed the record to the team... How do you not see how retarded this is? You are the one that saw wins and put it all on the QB...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #586
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I am not an idiot like you.
you have way to high of an opinion of yourself
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #587
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
you have way to high of an opinion of yourself
Yeah right. I was being pretty modest in that post.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #588
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Yeah right. I was being pretty modest in that post.
I know I am right , you are a legend in your own mind
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #589
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I know I am right , you are a legend in your own mind
Well, yeah. I am a legend in everyones mind.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #590
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
That's a fair point. Eli was pretty bad early in his career. I think one of many differences is that Eli showed more ability and potential as a passer. Didn't have the mechanical flaws and limitations that Tebow does.
Always have a reason to look at the downside where Tebow is concerned, don't you?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #591
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Well, yeah. I am a legend in everyones mind.
if you say so
Old 02-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #592
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I am just saying...
Fair points. Hard not to be happy with the season overall, and hard not to like Tebow. I understand the optimism even if I don't fully agree with it. I am concerned with his ability to become the more "prototypical" QB that he's going to have to become. Elway has commented numerous times that he wants, and the team needs, someone who can stand in the pocket and make throws. And the fact that he keeps making those comments, and just made one again recently, suggests that he knows Tebow isn't there yet and may not get there. I think I'm being rational and realistic, some others think I'm being a hater and a pessimist. That's fine, I understand that to a degree. But clearly some people are a little bit too emotionally wrapped up in a player when they go so far to bash people who criticize a player. Particularly hypocrites like jhns who go out of there way to bash players and coaches but for some reason Tebow is off limits...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #593
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Who do I go out of my way to bash? McDaniels? Great point. He really didn't deserve it. Unwarranted!

Tony is too stupid for message boards. He is also a liar. You are not rational with Tebow. I can easily prove this.

I can show you saying that we shouldn't compare a young Newton to Orton. I can show you complaining about people not holding Tebow to the same standards as Orton(even though he was ten times better). I can show you saying Tebow shouldn't play another game. I can show you saying the 9-7 Tebow is a complete failure because you want a winner.

Do.you really want me to start posting this stuff again, liar?

Last edited by jhns; 02-03-2012 at 09:00 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #594
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Always have a reason to look at the downside where Tebow is concerned, don't you?
Maybe. But what you call "downside" I call reality.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #595
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:
Fair points. Hard not to be happy with the season overall, and hard not to like Tebow. I understand the optimism even if I don't fully agree with it. I am concerned with his ability to become the more "prototypical" QB that he's going to have to become. Elway has commented numerous times that he wants, and the team needs, someone who can stand in the pocket and make throws. And the fact that he keeps making those comments, and just made one again recently, suggests that he knows Tebow isn't there yet and may not get there. I think I'm being rational and realistic, some others think I'm being a hater and a pessimist. That's fine, I understand that to a degree. But clearly some people are a little bit too emotionally wrapped up in a player when they go so far to bash people who criticize a player. Particularly hypocrites like jhns who go out of there way to bash players and coaches but for some reason Tebow is off limits...
well reasoned post. I almost believed it until I remembered you gave up on the Tebow experriment after 6 bad quarters.

quitting in a young player who turned the team around and saved the season after 6 bad wuarters not only makes you a hater, but a fag too.

So own up to it or get the **** out of here.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM   #596
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Maybe. But what you call "downside" I call reality.
The downside is reality, so is the upside. Choosing to only look at one makes you look stupid.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #597
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
No, you're are just being your usual self is all, which is as big a hypocrite as anyone around here.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #598
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
The downside is reality, so is the upside. Choosing to only look at one makes you look stupid.
Agreed
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #599
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I hate losing which is why I'm done with the Tebow experiment. He failed miserably the last two weeks. He came up really small on Sunday and got outplayed by Kyle Orton. Winning 7 of 8 got a lot of people thinking that Tebow played well but the reality is he never really played all that well other than some bursts here and there. That's not going to get it done in the NFL. You need your QB to be consistently good. I don't see any evidence that Tebow can be that guy. I was rooting for the kid too but reality has set in. You keep clinging to the mirage.
Rational. The QB that is 7-4 at this point, is a failure because you like winning. Very, very rational.

That same thread also contains many posts were you claim Tebow sucked so bad in the first NE game, that you just can't understand how peoples eyes weren't opened. A game were he went for 300 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 fumble. You are rational and the rest of us are hypocrites though...

Too funny.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #600
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote