The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #551
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Not only that but Newton was asked to do a lot more. So looking at Newton's interceptions and comparing them to Tebow's is a bit ridiculous. If Tebow was asked to run a full NFL offense and throw the ball the way Newton was there's no telling how many interceptions he would have thrown. Tebow was asked to manage games, and he did a great job overall. There's no denying that. Newton didn't have his offense simplified because he showed the ability in camp and practice to do things that Tebow didn't. To Tebow's credit he sometimes made that offense work well enough to pull out some wins. But most of the better teams we played exposed the ability of that offense to work over the longer term. The jury is still out on whether Tebow can run a full offense the way Newton has been asked to do, but of course the McCoy haters are correct that Tebow hasn't been given much of a chance to prove it. My hunch is there's a good reason for this, though...
The criticism of Newton's interceptions was based on percentage. Teebs threw many fewer INTs PER ATTEMPT. Which is pretty good considering he often only had two blanketed targets to throw to.

If you can criticize completion percentage, criticizing INT percentage is no different.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #552
BroncoBeavis

Anyway, since I haven't heard anything.

Should Eli Manning have been yanked after his rookie season with a 48% completion percentage?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #553
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Anyway, since I haven't heard anything.

Should Eli Manning have been yanked after his rookie season with a 48% completion percentage?
There are a ton of examples lke this one. Young QBs will never get a fair shake in Denver. Too many stupid fans.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #554
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
That isn't what happened.
Other than you not magically getting any smarter overnight, what didn't happen?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #555
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
The criticism of Newton's interceptions was based on percentage.
Which is fair. But you have to admit that Newton was given a lot more rope to take chances than Tebow was.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #556
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Other than you not magically getting any smarter overnight, what didn't happen?
Someone was claiming he just wanted a better passer. Someone asked if he just wanted Orton then. That isn't comparing Orton to Newton. You also went on about how we shouldn't compare them because Newton is young. The exact opposite stance from the one you take with Tebow. You do this as you claim you aren't just a blind hater.

You are far too stupid for message boards. You are never able to follow a conversation... I hope this is just trolling, otherwise you really are an idiot.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #557
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
That's a fair point. Eli was pretty bad early in his career. I think one of many differences is that Eli showed more ability and potential as a passer. Didn't have the mechanical flaws and limitations that Tebow does.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #558
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's a fair point. Eli was pretty bad early in his career. I think one of many differences is that Eli showed more ability and potential as a passer. Didn't have the mechanical flaws and limitations that Tebow does.
Limitations?

So stupid...
Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #559
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

How the hell do we know his limitations yet? If anything, I think the evidence we have points to the kid having more potential than limitations at this point. I am not a major Tebow fan boy but I have seen enough to want to watch the kid develop or at least get the chance. Maybe I am biased because I was there in person this year to watch the first playoff win in years and a few other games that were just unreal. It was a season I won't ever forget.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #560
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Someone was claiming he just wanted a better passer. Someone asked if he just wanted Orton then. That isn't comparing Orton to Newton. You also went on about how we shouldn't compare them because Newton is young. The exact opposite stance from the one you take with Tebow. You do this as you claim you aren't just a blind hater.
One thing I haven't yet figured out about you is if you're really as confused as your posts often suggest or if you're working overtime trying to confuse everyone else. I definitely give you credit for convoluting and derailing every discussion to the point where nobody seems to know what anybody else is saying, agreement is impossible, and the whole thing becomes pointless. You are the thread destroyer.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #561
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
There are a ton of examples lke this one. Young QBs will never get a fair shake in Denver. Too many stupid fans.
this is hilarious....saying that NYers are more level headed and intelligent than Denver fans

Tom Coughlin was a loss away from being fired this year

Eli Manning, up until this year, has been bashed constantly in the NY market
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #562
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
How the hell do we know his limitations yet?
I think this is logically pretty clear when you consider the type of offense that was installed after we got obliterated by Detroit. Do you think maybe the gameplan would have been more dynamic and varied if the coaching staff had more faith in Tebow's passing ability? Maybe? A little?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #563
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
this is hilarious....saying that NYers are more level headed and intelligent than Denver fans

Ok, as bad as NYers. Is that better for you? I don't see the hysteria, but I guess.

What does the coach have to do with it?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #564
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

The guy lives in Nebraska. He really doesn't have a clue. I am surrounded by Giants fans and they were calling for Coughlin's head for most of this season until things turned around late in the year!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #565
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
One thing I haven't yet figured out about you is if you're really as confused as your posts often suggest or if you're working overtime trying to confuse everyone else. I definitely give you credit for convoluting and derailing every discussion to the point where nobody seems to know what anybody else is saying, agreement is impossible, and the whole thing becomes pointless. You are the thread destroyer.
A guy argues he wants a better passer. QB doesn't matter, just better passer. A poster asks if he would just take Orton then, as he is a better passer. You go off on comparing Orton to a young QB, when there was never a comparison made. You have gone off multiple times on others not judging Tebow and Orton the same.

You can claim it is me all you want. Everyone can see this.

I explain this and you still can't follow it. You are too stupid for message boards.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #566
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Ok, as bad as NYers. Is that better for you? I don't see the hysteria, but I guess.

What does the coach have to do with it?
the coach, QB, ownership, etc....its all the same in many markets. When you are winning, you can do no wrong. When a loss happens, there are going to be people flooding the lines with pitchforks

Look at the Jets...a year removed from the AFCCG and the population of their fans would drive to Sanchez's house and pack his bags for him. Its almost the same for Rex Ryan right now

To say that (insert player's name here) won't get a fair shot in Denver because the "fans are stupid" is pretty stupid in and of itself. I can almost guarantee that Tebow would have been shown the sideline after the Detroit game if that happened in New YOrk or Philly
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #567
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
I think this is logically pretty clear when you consider the type of offense that was installed after we got obliterated by Detroit. Do you think maybe the gameplan would have been more dynamic and varied if the coaching staff had more faith in Tebow's passing ability? Maybe? A little?
If he had an entire off season with the coaches and was the starter during all of camp, I would tend to agree with your point a little but they did what was best for the team ON THE FLY and it worked!

The Detroit example kills me, he was effectively a rookie and in case you didn't notice, our entire team was owned in that game not just the QB.

PS - We made the playoffs and beat the Steelers...after starting 1-4. Would you like Orton back?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #568
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
the coach, QB, ownership, etc....its all the same in many markets. When you are winning, you can do no wrong. When a loss happens, there are going to be people flooding the lines with pitchforks

Look at the Jets...a year removed from the AFCCG and the population of their fans would drive to Sanchez's house and pack his bags for him. Its almost the same for Rex Ryan right now

To say that (insert player's name here) won't get a fair shot in Denver because the "fans are stupid" is pretty stupid in and of itself. I can almost guarantee that Tebow would have been shown the sideline after the Detroit game if that happened in New YOrk or Philly
Tebow just won a playoff game after being spotted a 1-4 record. Winning is clearly not the issue... The coach has nothing to do with what I have said. How many of these Tebow haters are calling for Fox to be fired?

Last edited by jhns; 02-03-2012 at 08:25 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #569
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
The guy lives in Nebraska. He really doesn't have a clue. I am surrounded by Giants fans and they were calling for Coughlin's head for most of this season until things turned around late in the year!
its unbelievable how quick the hook is in the NY area. Coughlin, Eli and Perry Fewell were all on the thinnest of ice with everyone, including the media after the Washington game put them at 7-7. Their own fans had buried the season and were ready to move in a different direction.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #570
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
Tebow just won a playoff game after being spotted a 1-4 record. Winning is clearly not the issue... The coach has nothing to do with what I have said.
You're clearly not reading anything but what you prefer to see

You said, "Tebow won't get a shot here because Denver fans are stupid"

I was arguing that if he wins, he will be given more than a shot and the same could be said for any other market. If you think Denver fans are stupid or irrational you should pick up a paper outside of the Omaha Gazette
Old 02-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #571
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
You're clearly not reading anything but what you prefer to see

You said, "Tebow won't get a shot here because Denver fans are stupid"

I was arguing that if he wins, he will be given more than a shot and the same could be said for any other market. If you think Denver fans are stupid or irrational you should pick up a paper outside of the Omaha Gazette
I never said he wouldn't get a shot in Denver. The front office isn't as dumb as the fans.

He is winning... This fact makes your theory terrible.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #572
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Again, what does the coach have to do with this? First off, he has been given years. Second, are you calling for Fox to be fired?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #573
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Which is fair. But you have to admit that Newton was given a lot more rope to take chances than Tebow was.
I've said as much. But the guy touting Cam's yardage totals should also realize the same thing.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #574
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
If he had an entire off season with the coaches and was the starter during all of camp, I would tend to agree with your point a little but they did what was best for the team ON THE FLY and it worked!

The Detroit example kills me, he was effectively a rookie and in case you didn't notice, our entire team was owned in that game not just the QB.

PS - We made the playoffs and beat the Steelers...after starting 1-4. Would you like Orton back?
Not only this, but they also gave away the top two recievers, without bringing a single guy in. You are arguing with a guy that defended Orton though. You see how he talks about Tebow. He clearly doesn't care about winning.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #575
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

Quote:
I never said he wouldn't get a shot in Denver. The front office isn't as dumb as the fans.

He is winning... This fact makes your theory terrible.
this is worthless...you have the reading comprehension skills of a 4 year old addicted to huffing airplane glue