The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #526
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
I'm not missing that point. I'm pointing out that is naive, at best.

It's a passers league now. You need a top tier passer to win the Super Bowl.

A few wins by Tebow this season is just feeding the insanity that is arguing against that you have to have an elite passer to win the Super Bowl.
That ELITE passer you have as an avatar is setting his ass at home right now ! Hater
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #527
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
They gave away the top two receivers. He was playing with the backups this season. He has not had an offseason or started a season as the one guy. He still has good numbers. The only thing off is completion %. He even has the wins...
Good point. Gaffney was the solid guy that knew how to find a hole in the zone. Had 69 receptions, 947 yds, 5 TD's for Washington in 2011.

Contrast that to the guys we had that don't even know what a zone is. They zoom right through the zone, don't even bother to slow down and present themselves as a target.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #528
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
That ELITE passer you have as an avatar is setting his ass at home right now ! Hater
Two others are not.

Good argument.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #529
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Good point. Gaffney was the solid guy that knew how to find a hole in the zone. Had 69 receptions, 947 yds, 5 TD's for Washington in 2011.

Contrast that to the guys we had that don't even know what a zone is. They zoom right through the zone, don't even bother to slow down and present themselves as a target.
I was bummed about Gaffney. I think he was on board with Tebow from the beginning, and could have done a lot to help him this year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #530
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Two others are not.

Good argument.
I'm going to bed. I'll let you continue to try to explain how winning is worse than losing.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #531
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Two others are not.

Good argument.
Seriously folks don't listen to this tard. Most Missourians are reasonable and understand that stats don't mean much without wins.
This numb nuts even brought up Orton making my point. But whatever let him flail about.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #532
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
No, but I remember when he hit DT in stride during the playoffs.

Remember when Newton completed a pass to the other team more than once/game?
Ha ha, no interceptions are just sleight of hand, a mere distraction from the really important things that happen in a football game. Doing something silly like counting them is just skewing stats.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #533
KO5K

Quote:
Two others are not.

Good argument.
What's funny is that neither of them should be.

The two slightly-above-average QBs should be playing on Sunday.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #534
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I was bummed about Gaffney. I think he was on board with Tebow from the beginning, and could have done a lot to help him this year.
Traded him for a loaf of bread.

Last edited by Cito Pelon; 02-02-2012 at 10:00 PM..
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #535
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Two others are not.

Good argument.
Eli's an elite passer... k. I'll roll with that.

What was his completion percentage his rookie year?

48%
Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #536
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
BUT WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LOOK AT INTERCEPTIONS.
I recall alot of the nuthuggers saying coaching staff should let Tebow throw it more even it meant him throwing more interceptions, because it would make him a better passer......now they're saying his throwing fewer means he's better than Newton, whose coaches allowed him to do the same thing they wanted Fox to do?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #537
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, he's sitting at home....but he does have a SB ring.

So you're saying Tebow's equal to or better than Rodgers because neither of them are playing this Sunday?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #538
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
What's funny is that neither of them should be.

The two slightly-above-average QBs should be playing on Sunday.
How do you come to this conclusion?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #539
errand
Ring of Famer

I've noticed a lot of the nut huggers keep saying that tebow took a very bad 4-12 team to 8-8...but dismiss a rookie taking a 2-14 team to 6-10. how does that make newton a worse QB?

Cam took a team that was worse than ours in 2010, and as a rookie tripled the win total from 2 to 6..... setting many records along the way. he personally accounting for twice the number of touchdowns than the entire team scored combined the previous year
Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #540
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I've noticed a lot of the nut huggers keep saying that tebow took a very bad 4-12 team to 8-8...but dismiss a rookie taking a 2-14 team to 6-10. how does that make newton a worse QB?

Cam took a team that was worse than ours in 2010, and as a rookie tripled the win total from 2 to 6..... setting many records along the way. he personally accounting for twice the number of touchdowns than the entire team scored combined the previous year
I wonder how difficult it is for the Ortonauts to remember the 1-4 spot he handed Tim Tebow. How likely is it that Cam could've achieved those same 6 wins with 4 fewer opportunities.

7-4 is considerably better than 6-10.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #541
Butterscotch Stallion

Quote:

1-4 to 7-4 is seven times the win total fag.

7>3.

do you enjoy these rapings or something?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #542
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Yeah, he's sitting at home....but he does have a SB ring.

So you're saying Tebow's equal to or better than Rodgers because neither of them are playing this Sunday?
Heh SLOW boy we are talking about CAM NEWTON here, ok ?

Got it ? Good ?
Old 02-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #543
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

By next season, NFL defenses are going to have the formula to shutdown Tebow. He will be completely ineffective until he can make the quick short pass, and be able to get rid of it immediately.

He can improve in every other area, but if he can't improve in that one area, he'll still get shutdown. Its a basic skill for an NFL QB, and one I have strong doubts Tebow get good at. Until he does, Tebow is going to be responsible for a lot of 3 & outs.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #544
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Tebow is 9-7 with a playoff win. There is no way to spin 8-8 when he never had that record. You clearly don't even watch as you spew your stupidity.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #545
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
are you retarded ?
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #546
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
are you retarded ?
Did spidey really jist ask someone this? How cute...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #547
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Man you're daft. Orton is a better passer, but clearly not the better quarterback. Just like Newton is a better passer, but not a better quarterback.
So now you're going to compare Newton to Orton and then call somebody else daft? You don't see how ridiculous this line of thinking is? Orton is done developing. He is what he is. Newton? He's a rookie who's already shown some awesome potential in the passing game. You're going to assume he can expand on that capacity, and further tap his great overall talent, to become a better QB. Whereas with Tebow you're still hoping he can prove to have something resembling NFL passing ability. This couldn't be any more clear cut. Is it possible that Tebow will turn out to be the better QB? Sure, not impossible. But right now anyone who's actually paying attention with an open mind can see that Newton is by far the better prospect at this point.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #548
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So now you're going to compare Newton to Orton and then call somebody else daft? You don't see how ridiculous this line of thinking is? Orton is done developing. He is what he is. Newton? He's a rookie who's already shown some awesome potential in the passing game. You're going to assume he can expand on that capacity, and further tap his great overall talent, to become a better QB. Whereas with Tebow you're still hoping he can prove to have something resembling NFL passing ability. This couldn't be any more clear cut. Is it possible that Tebow will turn out to be the better QB? Sure, not impossible. But right now anyone who's actually paying attention with an open mind can see that Newton is by far the better prospect at this point.
That isn't what happened. You are again proving that you are too stupid for message boards.

did this post really just come from the guy that continually cried because Tebow wasn't judged exactly the same as Orton? You have to be the dumbest poster on a site that includes Spider. Quite the accomplishment...
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #549
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Not only that but Newton was asked to do a lot more. So looking at Newton's interceptions and comparing them to Tebow's is a bit ridiculous. If Tebow was asked to run a full NFL offense and throw the ball the way Newton was there's no telling how many interceptions he would have thrown. Tebow was asked to manage games, and he did a great job overall. There's no denying that. Newton didn't have his offense simplified because he showed the ability in camp and practice to do things that Tebow didn't. To Tebow's credit he sometimes made that offense work well enough to pull out some wins. But most of the better teams we played exposed the ability of that offense to work over the longer term. The jury is still out on whether Tebow can run a full offense the way Newton has been asked to do, but of course the McCoy haters are correct that Tebow hasn't been given much of a chance to prove it. My hunch is there's a good reason for this, though...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #550
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And then he defends a post that is completely wrong. Typical Tony. Too stupid for message boards.