The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default What FA's do we go after this Off Season?

Don't know if we have a thread on this...but just wondering what FA make sense for this team:

RB
DE
DL
CB
WR
LB
FS
OL

would appriciate some Omane Info on this

Last edited by broncswin; 01-28-2012 at 07:47 PM..
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
Paladin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,298
Default

CB, MLB, DT. Would like to see how Fannin does before* we start to criticize the RB posiiton. However, I think the Broncso could use a decent scatback.



* I know...... That's against OM policies and procedures.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf
 
Mogulseeker's Avatar
 
https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boulder... Vail when it snoooows
Posts: 16,515

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
CB, MLB, DT. Would like to see how Fannin does before* we start to criticize the RB posiiton. However, I think the Broncso could use a decent scatback.



* I know...... That's against OM policies and procedures.....
So bring in the hometown guy Rodney Stewart.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
CB, MLB, DT. Would like to see how Fannin does before* we start to criticize the RB posiiton. However, I think the Broncso could use a decent scatback.



* I know...... That's against OM policies and procedures.....
i don't think the scat back is something Fox is all that interested in. look at his history of RB. all of them in the 6ft and 220lbs + range. he like physical runners more than shifty runners.

i think the team needs more speed on offense, but i seriously doubt it will come from the RB position.

and with the RB position as a whole, i still think we need to draft a guy. McGahee was an awesome pickup, but it is doubtful to nab a worthwhile FA RB 2 consecutive years. usually a RB picked up off the street is on the street for a reason and is not going to make a big impact for a team.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Right now free safety and middle linebacker are the two positions I want to address in free agency the most, we need a veteran FS who can either start next to Carter or at least be rotated in passing situations. As for middle linebacker, there is a lot of quality at linebacker in free agency this year, including some very good players in their prime and I think it would make a ton of sense to eliminate that position as a need before the draft with a trio of Mays, Irving and a new guy.

That would leave CB and DT as the primary defensive needs going into the draft and RB as the top offensive need. I believe we can address those adequately and still have room to draft OL depth and a WR.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

how do I get a list of the FA availability for this year
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Right now free safety and middle linebacker are the two positions I want to address in free agency the most, we need a veteran FS who can either start next to Carter or at least be rotated in passing situations. As for middle linebacker, there is a lot of quality at linebacker in free agency this year, including some very good players in their prime and I think it would make a ton of sense to eliminate that position as a need before the draft with a trio of Mays, Irving and a new guy.

That would leave CB and DT as the primary defensive needs going into the draft and RB as the top offensive need. I believe we can address those adequately and still have room to draft OL depth and a WR.
So what names out there are you thinking...who is available
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

They should get drew brees, carl nicks, ray rice, and mario Williams then have a good draft.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
They should get drew brees, carl nicks, ray rice, and mario Williams then have a good draft.
FO for you my man...that is very insightful
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
how do I get a list of the FA availability for this year
here is the notable ones:

http://nfltraderumors.co/2012-nfl-free-agents/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,606
Default

Stephen Tulloch would be about the only FA linebacker I'd even consider.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #12
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,020

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
So what names out there are you thinking...who is available
At linebacker obviously Dan Connor and EJ Henderson are the most obvious candidates and maybe Geno Hayes as well although he is a natural WLB.

Free safety has some good 2nd tier guys like Dashon Goldson, Thomas Decoud, Gibril Wilson and Paul Oliver. Obviously Landry and Griffin would be nice, but I doubt they will become free agents.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

I would love to Resign Chris Meyers...4th round tenure, Nice one Mike!

Outside of that I would love Stephen Tulloch, and Cortland Finnegan. For the D-line you start with resigning Bunk, then you pick up Paul Soliai to play NT. Soliai plugs the middle, Ayers and Bunkley take on guards/tackles, leaving Elvis and Von mono y mono on the outside. We never have to rush more than 5 guys ever again!!! Tulloch is a tackling machine, with great instincts, whose biggest attribute is his coverage ability. I would love DJ, Von, and Tulloch at LB for the Denver Broncos. I guess I could live with just Tulloch and Soliai, but Finnegan would make this defense something to be feared. Orange and Feared.

Draft wise you pick up Lavonte David, Marty Ball, and a WR/TE who has sure hands. Nothing flashy, we have flashy, just a guy who can catch the ball ala Rod Smith, or Ed McCaffery. Sure Hands.

Sure Hands.

Preferably with experience catching balls from Left handed QBs prone to raging outburst of evangelical brilliance.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 01-29-2012 at 07:31 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I would love to Resign Chris Meyers...4th round tenure, Nice one Mike!

Outside of that I would love Stephen Tulloch, and Cortland Finnegan. For the D-line you start with resigning Bunk, then you pick up Paul Soliai to play NT. Soliai plugs the middle, Ayers and Bunkley take on guards/tackles, leaving Elvis and Von mono y mono on the outside. We never have to rush more than 5 guys ever again!!! Tulloch is a tackling machine, with great instincts, whose biggest attribute is his coverage ability. I would love DJ, Von, and Tulloch at LB for the Denver Broncos. I guess I could live with just Tulloch and Soliai, but Finnegan would make this defense something to be feared. Orange and Feared.

Draft wise you pick up Lavonte David, Marty Ball, and a WR/TE who has sure hands. Nothing flashy, we have flashy, just a guy who can catch the ball ala Rod Smith, or Ed McCaffery. Sure Hands.

Sure Hands.
Preferably with experience catching balls from Left handed QBs prone to raging outburst of evangelical brilliance.


Decker need not apply
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Stephen Tulloch would be about the only FA linebacker I'd even consider.
MLB from Carolina is a FA and was a big part in helping Fox turn around that defense.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #16
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,426

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

SS, MLB and back-up QB (not Matt Flynn)
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:15 AM   #17
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

All of them.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:16 AM   #18
ThirtyDegrees
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone who can catch a ball when it hits them in the hands would be super great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #19
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Anyone who can catch a ball when it hits them in the hands would be super great.
Gotta love the mane....suggesting we sign WR's that can catch is applauded, but suggesting we sign a QB that can throw the ball accurately is laughed at.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 AM   #20
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
Decker need not apply
Decker dropped 8 passes this year...not great, but since his total career playing time is about equal to Tebow's, I'm wondering why Decker gets trashed for playing like a young raw player, but Tebow gets excused?

Tebow had as many turnovers as Decker had dropped passes....won't even get into the number of **** throws
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:15 AM   #21
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
Anyone who can catch a ball when it hits them in the hands would be super great.
Like BLloyd or Gaffe?
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #22
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,630

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

I used to joke about Greise's longball looked like a Frisbee out there. Well, TT definitely has a Frisbee aspect to other parts of his game. (especially Frisbee with a heavy crosswind )
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 AM   #23
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,254

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Decker dropped 8 passes this year...not great, but since his total career playing time is about equal to Tebow's, I'm wondering why Decker gets trashed for playing like a young raw player, but Tebow gets excused?

Tebow had as many turnovers as Decker had dropped passes....won't even get into the number of **** throws
Would it make you feel better to know that Thomas and Royal were just as bad as Decker for drops this year?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I would love to Resign Chris Meyers...4th round tenure, Nice one Mike!
Actually I think it was a SIXTH round tender that had him upset!
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,056

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Jim Leonard assuming his knee checks out.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Denver Broncos