The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #1
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Default No worries, Fox is the glue

Fox has got this!

6 TDs given up to NE and cornholed by every top 10 QB faced, sad fact is the defense wasn't really THAT much improved. Addition by subtraction, fellas, addition by subtraction - Allen heading up the Gayders is good for the rest of the AFC West.

Stay Tuned for Insider Information.

That's all. Carry on...
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I LOVE your "insider information"

...that being said I agree about Allen.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Damn... I am again with REV, losing Allen is not going to be a loss. What greatness did we do on defense that was attributed directly to Allen
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Our Talent is weak on D until its better nothing will change. Allen was our best DC recently but, Del Rio would be better. We need to upgrade all levels of our D. If we could add DT MLB CB worth a darn we would get alot better for 12. In 13 add more pieces to keep moving forward to a solid D.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #5
Armchair Bronco

"No worries, Fox is the glue"

Aren't some glues made from the carcasses of dead horses?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

it is astounding to me that our Bronco stars, become evil villains as soon as they move to another club. absolutely amazing. it must be their DNA morphs or something.

god forbid elway becomes the GM of the niners.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orinjkrush View Post
it is astounding to me that our Bronco stars, become evil villains as soon as they move to another club. absolutely amazing. it must be their DNA morphs or something.

god forbid elway becomes the GM of the niners.
Generally I agree with this.

...but if you classify "stars" by below average in every category like Allen was... well, then we have different POVs for sure.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Allen took a defense that was last in virtually every statistical category, and made it a servicable to good unit that kept us in alot of games.

Constantly being on the field as our offense struggled to get a 1st down, let alone a touchdown....did he deliver us the '85 Bears? No...but he also didn't deliver the '10 Broncos either. He did well with the players he had.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Allen took a defense that was last in virtually every statistical category, and made it a servicable to good unit that kept us in alot of games.

Constantly being on the field as our offense struggled to get a 1st down, let alone a touchdown....did he deliver us the '85 Bears? No...but he also didn't deliver the '10 Broncos either. He did well with the players he had.
I would hope he didn't deliver the '10 Broncos defense, since that defense didn't have Dumervil or Von on it.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

We went from #32 to #24. Dead last to bottom third is not serviceable, and definitely not good.

Mediocre.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
We went from #32 to #24. Dead last to bottom third is not serviceable, and definitely not good.

Mediocre.
Sure 24th sucks if you were 16th the year before...but improving our ranking by 8 positions, winning division, and making playoffs is a big deal....keep in mind our D played exceptionally well during the 7-1 stretch...not to mention we lost a game where they allowed 7 points.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Sure 24th sucks if you were 16th the year before...but improving our ranking by 8 positions, winning division, and making playoffs is a big deal....keep in mind our D played exceptionally well during the 7-1 stretch...not to mention we lost a game where they allowed 7 points.
Our defense played well when Von and Dumervil were healthy, and didn't when they weren't. Just like how last year, they played terribly without either. I'm not quite ready to give all the credit to Allen.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post

Mediocre.
Defense jumped to 20th in yards....points allowed was 24th. But considering how many starters he lost for how many games?

doom and williams missed alot of first 5 games....Dawkins got hurt a missed alot of the last 5-6 games including playoffs, plus having to depend in rookies to replace him....miller's injury, etc....I think he did a pretty good job.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Ehhh.... Check where Houston was ranked last year and now this year. That's what I want from our next D-Coordinator.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #15
EmpireOrange
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Our Talent is weak on D until its better nothing will change. Allen was our best DC recently but, Del Rio would be better. We need to upgrade all levels of our D. If we could add DT MLB CB worth a darn we would get alot better for 12. In 13 add more pieces to keep moving forward to a solid D.
This no talent stuff is a bunch of hooy. Any coach can win with talent. A coach is measured by getting the best of the players he has. Exhibit A: Patriots. Thats a great coach. Did you see that 32nd rank defense last week, when Brady had a horrid game? Now I ask you, if Belicheat had Von Miller, Elvis, and Champ - who for my money is the best run support corner in the NFL and still can take 95% of the league's top WRs out of the game - on his defense, would NE be getting beat 45 - 10 and giving up 5 touch downs in the 1st half of a game? Where would NE be if they swapped defenses with Denver? Now that's a coach.

Yeah Allen's defense kept us in games at time, but not when it counted: When faced with top offenses with upper crust QBs, and the defense slowing down the opponent was critical to win, they laid down every time. The theory that a coach can't be judge because the didn't have "talent" is faulty. With talent, the coach is irrelvant.
EmpireOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #16
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How the Raiders saw Allen as head coach material at this point is beyond me. He goes from secondary coach that was a Saint defense hardly considered one of the best and is a DC for one year for a defense still ranked towards the bottom of the NFL. I am not saying Allen did a poor job, but I haven't seen stellar work that would make me say at least that guy should be a head coach. Rushing 3 against the Pats so much did not make me think Allen should be a head coach.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote