The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default Senior Bowl thread

Just gonna post some observations and lurk over the draft junkie talk (I don't follow college football and even if I did I'd probably be a weak evaluator).

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ay-1-4429.html

Quote:
I came away unimpressed with Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard. He’s a compact kid who displays some natural click and close ability. However, he allows his cushion to be eaten up far too much in his drop and lacks much of a burst/second gear when asked to turn and run. He’s a guy who opposing receivers were able to routinely outpace today as he didn’t demonstrate the type of speed needed to run out of his transition vertically.

Last edited by Chris; 01-23-2012 at 05:15 PM..
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Draft countdown has the heights and weight here:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

According to them Broncos were talking to george iloka (FS Boise State)

Russel Wilson was 5'10 so that hurts his draft stock.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
SpringStein
Ring of Famer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ults-6395.html

Weigh in/measurements

Russell Wilson measured 5' 10 1/2"

** sorry ElSid - was posting same info.
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
MHK was a hoe

Mike Shanahan is coaching the South

Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Draft countdown has the heights and weight here:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur...s/Weigh-In.php

According to them Broncos were talking to george iloka (FS Boise State)

Russel Wilson was 5'10 so that hurts his draft stock.
6'3-6'4 and runs a 4.40-4.50. Projected 3rd round pick. Intriguing.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein View Post
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ults-6395.html

Weigh in/measurements

Russell Wilson measured 5' 10 1/2"

** sorry ElSid - was posting same info.
No big deal. The practices are also shown live at 1600 EST on NFLN and recapped at 2300.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Just gonna post some observations and lurk over the draft junkie talk (I don't follow college football and even if I did I'd probably be a weak evaluator).

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ay-1-4429.html
Considering Dennard was really beat only once this year and that was the bowl game against Alshon Jeffery , I think this guy is dead wrong. Dennard was really only beaten on the one pass play too. The pass at the end of the half wasn't his fault. He blanked Jeffery the second half too, because they both got tossed . Still counts
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Considering Dennard was really beat only once this year and that was the bowl game against Alshon Jeffery , I think this guy is dead wrong. Dennard was really only beaten on the one pass play too. The pass at the end of the half wasn't his fault. He blanked Jeffery the second half too, because they both got tossed . Still counts
I caught some of the North Practice today and he didn't look comfortable in the one on one drills when he was not allowed to press. Not saying he's bad, but it wasn't good practice for him and all the NFLN announcers were down on him today.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Melvin Ingram: DE/OLB, South Carolina

Arguably the most versatile and dynamic player in the 2012 NFL Draft, South Carolina's Melvin Ingram can rush the quarterback, drop into coverage, run stuff on inside stunts and keep contain on the edge.

Additionally, Melvin played on the hands team and in punt coverage, proving his value as a complete player.

He simply has a knack for finding the football as he recorded 19 sacks the pass two seasons along with 76 tackles.

In the Senior Bowl, look for him coming off the edge as a blitzer as well as dropping underneath the slant and crossing routes for coverage.
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Markelle Martin: Safety, Oklahoma State

A strong hitter and sure tackler, Oklahoma State's Markelle Martin recorded 129 tackles between the past two seasons while also defending 24 passes.

The leader of the Cowboys' defense that won the Big 12 and the Fiesta Bowl over Stanford, Martin forced two fumbles and had five tackles for loss in 2011.

In 2010 he picked off three passes and wasn't challenged nearly as much his senior season, so his ability to drop back, roll down and help with run support has earned Martin solid exposure.

Provided that he can keep that display rocking in the Senior Bowl, he will only increase his draft stock to a potential early second-rounder. He's arguably the best safety in the draft, so Martin can really shine bright on a big scouting stage.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I caught some of the North Practice today and he didn't look comfortable in the one on one drills when he was not allowed to press. Not saying he's bad, but it wasn't good practice for him and all the NFLN announcers were down on him today.
Well he is a press corner so that would explain some of it. I think that is kind of weak that they won't allow corners to practice their strengths IMO. Oh well hopefully he gets some good out of the practices anyways.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Alfonzo Dennard: CB, Nebraska

Arguably the best cornerback in the 2012 NFL Draft, Nebraska's Alfonzo Dennard really proved his worth as a lock down defender without Prince Amukamara opposite.

As a junior in 2010 Dennard was challenged quite a bit because of Prince but held his own by picking off four passes and recording 30 tackles.

So, when 2011 came around, Dennard was rarely challenged but still recorded 31 tackles. Being left on an island most of the time, Dennard didn't get many opportunities to help with run support, but was effective when doing so.
He's physical and doesn't back down despite being only 5'10".

Any team needing a stud defensive back that will isolate a slot receiver next season needs to look at him, because Alfonzo is a solid long-term corner in the NFL.

In the Senior Bowl, he'll get that opportunity against some talented SEC and Big 12 receivers.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Well he is a press corner so that would explain some of it. I think that is kind of weak that they won't allow corners to practice their strengths IMO. Oh well hopefully he gets some good out of the practices anyways.
They will be put in different drills all week, to see what they can do. Playing corner in the NFL will require him to play off and zone some time, so the scouts and FO want to run everyone through all their paces to get true feel about their abilities.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:42 PM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Kellen Moore Boise St. 5'11¾ 191

Notes: Looks like a normal guy off the street.

Awwww
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #15
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/16978760

Broncos talk to SDSU Lindley (QB)
Old 01-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #16
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Go Sean Spence!

Great blend of speed and instincts. Just a little small, but he's got everything else.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Dude, **** yes.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #18
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Go Sean Spence!

Great blend of speed and instincts. Just a little small, but he's got everything else.
If Joe Mays can be serviceable in the NFL at 5'11", there's no doubt in my mind that Spence can turn into a special player at the next level.

You and I both know you won't find better instincts on a linebacker prospect .
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #19
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Markelle Martin: Safety, Oklahoma State

A strong hitter and sure tackler, Oklahoma State's Markelle Martin recorded 129 tackles between the past two seasons while also defending 24 passes.

The leader of the Cowboys' defense that won the Big 12 and the Fiesta Bowl over Stanford, Martin forced two fumbles and had five tackles for loss in 2011.

In 2010 he picked off three passes and wasn't challenged nearly as much his senior season, so his ability to drop back, roll down and help with run support has earned Martin solid exposure.

Provided that he can keep that display rocking in the Senior Bowl, he will only increase his draft stock to a potential early second-rounder. He's arguably the best safety in the draft, so Martin can really shine bright on a big scouting stage.
I want another mean safety like this dude, or the guy from Notre Dame, to go along with Carter.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 AM   #20
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

In on this
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #21
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dude, **** yes.
He might be the only QB in this draft to make Tebow look accurate 100% of the time.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #22
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Go Sean Spence!

One thing about Fox is he is always able to find good MLB's and CB's that fit his system....I'd still prefer the BC MLB but he'd be a good mid rounder pick up.
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i gotta wonder what the realistic chances are of us going after a Safety within the first 3 or 4 rounds. with the cost of what we paid to the position last season, i can't see us looking at Safety before the 5th round, unless the team is so disenchanted with their 2nd round investment that they are already thinking about pulling a McDaniels-Alphonso Smith move and dump him after only a year.

i am betting this team goes, CB, DT, QB, RB in the first half of the draft and looks for depth starting in the 4th.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM   #24
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i gotta wonder what the realistic chances are of us going after a Safety within the first 3 or 4 rounds. with the cost of what we paid to the position last season, i can't see us looking at Safety before the 5th round, unless the team is so disenchanted with their 2nd round investment that they are already thinking about pulling a McDaniels-Alphonso Smith move and dump him after only a year.

i am betting this team goes, CB, DT, QB, RB in the first half of the draft and looks for depth starting in the 4th.
I think it's more likely to bring a S in before drafting another one. Laron Landry is going to leave the Skins but the rumor around here is he wants to play with his brother. He'd be a steal to get here.
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 AM   #25
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

I think the first round will be bpa (DT, CB, MLB). Someone is bound to fall to us.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote