The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Nü England Cheatriots Using SpyGate Shenanigans?

it sour grapes if you like, but I really feel as if the Patriots knew what was going to happen before the Broncos even attempted it. I FIRMLY conclude that the communications system that the Broncos used was compromised! In the land of SpyGate (New England), the evidence is beyond random chance, as even Phil Simms noted he had NEVER seen so many plays for loss in one game. It was uncanny to say the least! What say you, Mike? -Joe, Castle Rock

Privately, some of the Broncos would agree with you, although this time the spy tactics weren't by video but by person. In particular, the Broncos thought Josh McDaniels had their tendencies on the silent count. The Patriots suspiciously had those up-the-middle blitzes and stunts perfectly timed to J.D. Walton's snap.

Tebow got crushed -- injured even -- on a Patriot sandwich of nosetackle Vince Wilfork and linebacker Rob Ninkovich in the third quarter. Is it too far-fetched to say McDaniels helped make it happen?

It was bogus that McDaniels was able to join the Patriots' staff after he had already completed his season with the St. Louis Rams. Once again, Patriots' coach Bill Belichick outsmarted the people running the NFL office.

Sure, it's sour grapes, Joe. The Patriots were the far better team. But right is right, and McDaniels joining the Pats in the midst of a playoff run was just plain wrong. And looking back, he did give them an advantage. How much, I don't know. But enough for Belichick to believe it was worth bringing him in.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_19770861
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Meh, Sour Grapes. I hate NE, but we just got straight jacked out there. Interesting theory though. Hard for me to believe we'd be using the SAME snap count/tendencies/whatever from when Joshie was here, ESPECIALLY after we knew he was hired for intel.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

I like this...makes me look forward to next year even more. I feel like im DT'n from broncos ball right now...it was that strong of a drug.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I think it was more about us not being able to stop their offense than anything
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I think it had more to do with play calling that was brutally obvious and completely lacking in creativity more than some dark magic.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
Butterscotch Stallion

I think the fact that our team isnt good had more to do with it.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

you're all wrong.

Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #8
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The broncos finished 1-4 because they probably weren't very good to begin with.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

This is exactly what I was talking about in my two other threads. I'm really surprised that this idea isn't getting more attention. Re-watch the game, they knew what was going on. Better yet, compare the difference between the two Patriots games, night and day. Hell even my 65 year old mother told me it was obvious the Patriots knew what the Broncos were doing before I provoked her with my own thoughts on this. And in response to the other thread about why I say we still have a McDanials offense despite the new (Tebow) look, it's still all based on McDanials philosophies, terminology, cadence and count. Do you really think McCoy changed all these in a year with no offseason? If you look at the Orton offense this year it's the same McDanials offense. The only thing that changed with Tebow is the play design and the run until the pass is necessary mind set.

If I was in the Broncos front office I'd be livid, come up with game tape from the two games to provide proof and shove it right up Goodell's ass.

*edit* not promoting the spygate theory in the original question

Last edited by IHaveALight; 01-21-2012 at 07:42 AM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #10
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

So audibles are important after all.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
So audibles are important after all.
Yeah, too bad McDanials designed the audible terminology, knows exactly what the Broncos are looking for to cause them to audible and what they'll likely audible into.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
Butterscotch Stallion

We still suck.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
Agamemnon

I know exactly what our offense is going to do on most plays without cheating. No reason the Pats wouldn't able to manage the same.

Never underestimate what predictable play-calling and **** o-line play can accomplish.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I know exactly what our offense is going to do on most plays without cheating. No reason the Pats wouldn't able to manage the same.

Never underestimate what predictable play-calling and **** o-line play can accomplish.
Pretty much this.

We either run it up the middle or throw it long. Let Tebow throw the short pass, it's his biggest flaw.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #15
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Pretty much this.

We either run it up the middle or throw it long. Let Tebow throw the short pass, it's his biggest flaw.
And it's not like only passing in obvious passing situations really helps with that either.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #16
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I would say that about 85% of the time it was obvious what we were going to run. The playcalling fell into 2 categories.

1- The defense knows it's a run coming because of tendencies.

2-The defense knows a pass is coming because of the situation.

There was really nothing in between, or even an attempt to keep defenses off balance.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #17
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Before you look at any conspiracy theories ask yourself this. As just a fan watching over the TV, could you have easily predicted 75% of the down and distance play calls of the Denver Broncos in that game?

If the answer is yes, please hire a more creative Offensive Coordinator and move on.

Sour grapes b****es, it's still our job to block and fight every play.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Before you look at any conspiracy theories ask yourself this. As just a fan watching over the TV, could you have easily predicted 75% of the down and distance play calls of the Denver Broncos in that game?
I don't understand why that's difficult to understand.
Old 01-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #19
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

It's not about the play calling people. The Patriots knew our tendencies in the first game and they weren't blowing up our o-line play after play. This is about them knowing the offensive language, cadence, count and audibles.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 01-21-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #20
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't believe the Patriots had any such info. since the Bronco coaching staff would have to be the biggest idiots in the whole NFL to still be using any kind of the same system used by McDaniels. It just wouldn't make any sense. The result of the game had more to do with being too predictable on offense and a defense that didn't do much of anything.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I can't believe the Patriots had any such info. since the Bronco coaching staff would have to be the biggest idiots in the whole NFL to still be using any kind of the same system used by McDaniels. It just wouldn't make any sense. The result of the game had more to do with being too predictable on offense and a defense that didn't do much of anything.
I said before on a different thread, it was like the Raiders/Bucs Superbowl where the Bucs D knew all the raiders O because they didn't change their signals/audibles.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I said before on a different thread, it was like the Raiders/Bucs Superbowl where the Bucs D knew all the raiders O because they didn't change their signals/audibles.
So the Broncos would be at the level of the Raiders for stupidity? That doesn't make me feel better.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Agamemnon

Quote:
So the Broncos would be at the level of the Raiders for stupidity? That doesn't make me feel better.
Well Fox isn't going to come up with a new signal system, and really is McCoy when the guy can't even figure out that you are allowed to pass on first down?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #24
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Well, it's not like you will do that in a shortened week. You can't implement all new calls, but you could vary the (silent) snap count and maybe call some stuff that we haven't seen much this year. It's not like we audible anyways, so that part didn't matter. It's partly that we were out talented, but we were definitely out schemed - like we expected everything we ran against them before to work again, and they made adjustments to stop it.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #25
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Well, it's not like you will do that in a shortened week. You can't implement all new calls, but you could vary the (silent) snap count and maybe call some stuff that we haven't seen much this year. It's not like we audible anyways, so that part didn't matter. It's partly that we were out talented, but we were definitely out schemed - like we expected everything we ran against them before to work again, and they made adjustments to stop it.
It's like they had intelligent human beings as coaches and we had a bunch of turnips...