The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default 2012 Mock Draft(s) for the Broncos so far....

Attached Images

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Minnifield and Gilmore would be reaches at 25 IMO.
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

I'd rather go DT and address the CB issue with Finnegan, Carr, or Porter....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Poseidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
I'd rather go DT and address the CB issue with Finnegan, Carr, or Porter....
Would you rather get Brockers or Still? (if we're lucky enough to get one of them)
Old 01-20-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
Would you rather get Brockers or Still? (if we're lucky enough to get one of them)
I'd take either but would prefer Still

DT's are a crap shoot but you need to start investing in bulk at the DT spot. I think you can get a good DL/MLB/RB in the first three rounds and pick up depth on the back end in the later rounds (as long as you get some good FA). QB will also probably be looked at mid rounds...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
fwf

With so many holes to fill and with so many underclassman declaring (65) i want to see us swap our #1 for a few 2,3 and 4's. And then draft all DL and DB's. Then look for some veteran high character guys at WR , RB and OL thru Free Agency. No Vince Young, Desean Jackson or Roy wIlliams's please. I want to see us grab one of either Wayne, Colston or Branch. And there are more then enough decent RB's that we could sign thru FA.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #7
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

I'd be happy with any of those players. I prefer Gilmore over Dennard, even though most outlets currently rate Dennard higher.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

I think at 25 in the first, DT is a roll of the dice...wouldnt mind seeing a corner taken there although I'm not really a fan of either of the guys listed up top. Tight End, IMO, would be ridiculous being that we have 55 of them on the roster right now. Why no MLB mention?
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancejohnson82 View Post
I think at 25 in the first, DT is a roll of the dice...wouldnt mind seeing a corner taken there although I'm not really a fan of either of the guys listed up top. Tight End, IMO, would be ridiculous being that we have 55 of them on the roster right now. Why no MLB mention?
the only MLB's worth the first round pick will be long gone before 25. I'd love to get a shot at the guy from BC.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Name:  mock_bronc.JPG
Views: 1284
Size:  40.7 KB

From nfldraftscout.com
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #11
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I would love to get Dennard. You can never have too many Huskers. That said, we need to go BPA. This team has far too many holes to just target a few positions. We need starters pretty kuch everywhere and could use depth at every position. If we find a good middle, we may not need OLB. That is probably the only position I would avoid, other than non-first round positions like FB/K/P.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

If we take a first round DT it needs to be Still. I've been banging his drum for over a year and now sadly he may have become a top 10 pick and out of our reach
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

If we can't get Dennard, Jenkins or Kirkpatrick at CB, and I am assuming Still will be long gone, I am almost leaning toward Hightower at MLB if Kuechly is gone.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #14
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

the draft picture will change a lot between now and week leading up to the draft. for the first time in many years(since the Ashley Lelie draft) i have no idea who i want with the pick yet.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
HumbleNJH

Still is a stud. He will be gone when we pick unfortunately. Crick in the second round may be an option. Dennard would be a very solid pick at 25. He is a great corner prospect. I watched every one of his games the past three years, and I'm telling you he is very good. He will go.first round. He is a lock down corner who tackles really well. I would be very pleased with Dennard. Hightower would be a solid pick as well. I say we trade up or down though. If we trade down, we shouldn't go any lower than pick 3 in the second round.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

I'll admit I really don't know much about this class but I want someone who is nasty mean. So for the draft experts here, who are some of the nastiest mikes, safeties and dt's coming out this year that would be possible for denver to pick up in the first and 2nd rounds?
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

That Cox guy would be funny!

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
HumbleNJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
I'll admit I really don't know much about this class but I want someone who is nasty mean. So for the draft experts here, who are some of the nastiest mikes, safeties and dt's coming out this year that would be possible for denver to pick up in the first and 2nd rounds?
Dennard, Hightower, Still, Crick are a few names. Also Kirkpatrick. I believe Still and Kirkpatrick will be gone by the time we pick. Crick is a second round guy.

I will throw this out there as well. Lavonte David. He would be a steal in round three. If we could get him in round two, late, he would be worth it. His size is the only issue. But the kid is a baller. He was a top 3 LBer in college football this year.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #19
orange crusher
Predominately Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNJH View Post
Dennard, Hightower, Still, Crick are a few names. Also Kirkpatrick. I believe Still and Kirkpatrick will be gone by the time we pick. Crick is a second round guy.

I will throw this out there as well. Lavonte David. He would be a steal in round three. If we could get him in round two, late, he would be worth it. His size is the only issue. But the kid is a baller. He was a top 3 LBer in college football this year.
Your husker homerism is showing.
orange crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #20
BABronco
RP2012

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady

This guy sounds mean. Possible 4th 5th? Anyone know where he is projected?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262940
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #21
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABronco View Post
This guy sounds mean. Possible 4th 5th? Anyone know where he is projected?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1262940
UDFA.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:32 AM   #22
HumbleNJH

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange crusher View Post
Your husker homerism is showing.
They are good players. I'm not that high on Crick though. He has the scouts liking him though. But yeah, I am a Husker fan, but a realist as well.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Dennard is over-rated!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumbleNJH View Post
Still is a stud. He will be gone when we pick unfortunately. Crick in the second round may be an option. Dennard would be a very solid pick at 25. He is a great corner prospect. I watched every one of his games the past three years, and I'm telling you he is very good. He will go.first round. He is a lock down corner who tackles really well. I would be very pleased with Dennard. Hightower would be a solid pick as well. I say we trade up or down though. If we trade down, we shouldn't go any lower than pick 3 in the second round.
1. Crick is better than Still, their production isn't even close.
2. Dennard is 5'9". Gilmore is bigger, faster, and better in man coverage.
3. I like Hightower, but only if Jared Crick, and Lamar Miller are gone.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #25
pricejj
jungle

Players listed in order to be taken (depending on who is available at pick #25).

1. Peter Konz will be a perennial Pro-Bowler, and if he's on the board (which is highly unlikely), the Broncos should take him.

2. Jared Crick is exactly the guy we need to be able to beat the Patriots. He is not an athletic freak, but he put up elite sack numbers at Nebraska. IMO he has the potential to make the Pro-Bowl as an Under Tackle. His numbers are way better than Fletcher Cox and Devon Still, who are probably just "guys" at UT (like Marcus Thomas).

3. Lamar Miller has elite speed at the RB position, would provide the instant 1-2 punch that Fox likes. Definite Pro-Bowl potential. Instant spark for the offense.

4. Dont'a Hightower is a good MLB, but doesn't have elite speed (like Al Wilson, Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher). Would be a significant upgrade over Joe Mays, but I don't see EFX drafting an MLB right after picking Irving. Leader of the best defense in the history of college football. Possible Pro-Bowler.

5. Fletcher Cox only had 5 sacks (one year wonder). Poor mans Marcel Dareus. Can he be a dominate at UT in the NFL? Who knows? But he didn't exactly show it in college.

6. Devon Still only had 4.5 sacks this year, and did not dominate. Would be a solid starter, but a stretch to make the Pro-Bowl.

7. Stephon Gilmore is a good man-cover CB, with great size, and 3 int's this year, but UT is more important than CB. Possible Pro-Bowler.

8. Luke Kuechly, I think will slip a bit in this draft. He has great tackle numbers, but let's ball carriers get up the field too much, 4.8 forty (pretty slow), may have trouble dominating in the NFL.

9. Alphonzo Dennard is only 5'9"...slightly diminutive, but a good cover CB.

10. Zebrie Sanders is a better RT than Orlando Franklin (who will need to move to LG). Depending on the health of Ryan Harris, Sanders may be an option in the first round.

11. Chase Minnifield is more of a zone cover guy IMO, 2nd rounder. I like the player, but don't see him making the Pro-Bowl, which is what you want out of a 1st round pick.

Last edited by pricejj; 01-20-2012 at 11:16 AM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote