The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Denver Free Agents 2012

Here is a list of Denver Free Agents for 2012. I believe I've got them all here. Take a look and make a case for your top priorities in order of most important to least important...

Spencer Larson RB
Eddie Royal WR
Matt Willis WR
Daniel Fells TE
Chris Clark OT
Russ Hochstein OG
Derrick Harvey DE
Brodrick Bunkley DT
Marcus Thomas DT
Ryan McBean DT
Mario Haggan LB
Wesley Woodyard LB
Joe Mays LB
Brady Quinn QB
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
montrose
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VP John Elway

Top 5
1) Bunkley - A decent DT on the Broncos, enough said.
2) Thomas - (Sigh...) see above.
3) Haggan - Great on special teams, can play MLB or OLB and beloved in the locker room
4) Fells - Most consistent player at a weak position on the team, Thomas/Green aren't ready
5) Mays - Was decent although better suited as backup/STer, well liked by teammates

The others
Woodyard - Great locker room guy and special teamer but play slipped so much he barely played on defense after 1st NE game. Love to have him back but I think he'll get a better deal with more opportunity elsewhere.

Larsen - Love his versatility and like him back as reserve FB/emergency LB/ST but not as starting FB.

Willis - Good reserve player I'd expect to be back, cheaply.

Clark - If he takes the veteran minimum, why not?

Hochstein - Like the leadership but makes more sense to groom a young G.

Harvey - Veteran minimum or see ya.

McBean - I'd like him back but I wouldn't be suprised if he's priced himself out of being Denver's 3rd DT (assuming Ty Warren retires).

Quinn - Make a cheap offer sure, but he'll have a better chance to compete elsewhere.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montrose View Post
Top 5
1) Bunkley - A decent DT on the Broncos, enough said.
2) Thomas - (Sigh...) see above.
3) Haggan - Great on special teams, can play MLB or OLB and beloved in the locker room
4) Fells - Most consistent player at a weak position on the team, Thomas/Green aren't ready
5) Mays - Was decent although better suited as backup/STer, well liked by teammates

The others
Woodyard - Great locker room guy and special teamer but play slipped so much he barely played on defense after 1st NE game. Love to have him back but I think he'll get a better deal with more opportunity elsewhere.

Larsen - Love his versatility and like him back as reserve FB/emergency LB/ST but not as starting FB.

Willis - Good reserve player I'd expect to be back, cheaply.

Clark - If he takes the veteran minimum, why not?

Hochstein - Like the leadership but makes more sense to groom a young G.

Harvey - Veteran minimum or see ya.

McBean - I'd like him back but I wouldn't be suprised if he's priced himself out of being Denver's 3rd DT (assuming Ty Warren retires).

Quinn - Make a cheap offer sure, but he'll have a better chance to compete elsewhere.
Absolutely not.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
extralife
Ring of Famer

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103108
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Spencer Larson RB-Low Priority. He's an ok FB and ok ST. A good lockerroom guy. Wouldnt mind having him back on the cheap, although it largely depends on how much of a traditional offense we will be running next year.
Eddie Royal WR- Low priority. Another good guy, but simply doesn't seem to fit at this point. If he would sign cheaply(1-1.5M per season), I would re-sign him to primarily be the KR-PR and No. 4 WR.
Matt Willis WR- Low priority. A utility player and ST'er. Would be a decent No. 4 or No. 5 WR. You offer him and Royal both about 1.2M a year contract for 2 years, see who takes it first.
Daniel Fells TE-Low priority. Doesn't offer much. Has made some timely catches but really isnt a huge threat. Need depends on progression of Green and OJ.
Chris Clark OT- Low to Medium priority. OT depth is important. They also seem to like unbalanced line formations.
Russ Hochstein OG- Low priority. Semi-decent depth player.
Derrick Harvey DE- No priority. GTFO.
Brodrick Bunkley DT- High priority. A good run defender. Best overall DT.
Marcus Thomas DT- Medium priority. Ideally, HAM would be a good 3rd DT. Wouldn't give him starter money, but I would give him 2M a season to be the top rotational DT.
Ryan McBean DT-Low priority. Doesnt offer much other than 2 plays a season.
Mario Haggan LB- Medium priority- Good backup LB. Solid vs. the run. Can prolly play 2 of the 3 spots in a pinch.
Wesley Woodyard LB-Medium to High priority. Good nickel defender. Top overall backup on the team, probably. Has some tackling and coverage issues, esp with bigger players. Personally, I believe the team will put on him the very highest priority and they will pay him starter money because they want him to start this year, at WLB. IMO, they will trade DJ for a draft pick (and savings of 6M), and give Woodyard 3.5M per year to start. I dont agree with this, but I can definitely feel it coming, esp if DJ gets a 2 game suspension after his misdemeanor DUI trial on Jan. 25th. I don't agree with this, but its very clear that its coming. I like WW as a backup and nickel defender, not sure about him as a full time starter at his size and frame.
Joe Mays LB- Low priority. Not a fit in a pass happy league.
Brady Quinn QB- Low to Medium priority- There's something to be said for familiarity with the offense and team. If he's willing to come back on the cheap, it wouldn't be a bad re-signing if the offense largely reverts back to a traditional offense.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 01-16-2012 at 11:29 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Other than bunkley I'd be happy to see all of them leave I think...

Keep Mays if he will take 2nd string money.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 AM   #7
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103108

wheres a mod to merge the threads when you need them
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #8
delany
Uber Bronco

As a WR, Willis is nothing special.....but he was our best gunner on ST this year. He should get more love in that capacity. How quickly people forget....
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

I say bring back all if them
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote