The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
orng&blu

Default Very confusing!

The fact that there was adjustments by the offense to what the squealers defense was doing which resulted in success, BUT there was absolutely ZERO adjustment of any kind to what the patsies were doing on defense... why? Was the game fixed? Our Defense played a straight up zone most of the time, did nothing on the pass rush, it looked to me like they were told to lose the game. The ease at which the patsies moved on offense and stifled our offense with their 32nd ranked defense was completely LAME!! It is very clear to me that something was not kosher in boston.... how about those obnoxious fans - booing when one of our players got hurt... I have always known how obnoxious boston and the people in it are.. but to look so completely incompetent as a team is unacceptable.. fixed or not..

P.S. Screw you fan police.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

5 star thread
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by orng&blu View Post
The fact that there was adjustments by the offense to what the squealers defense was doing which resulted in success, BUT there was absolutely ZERO adjustment of any kind to what the patsies were doing on defense... why? Was the game fixed? Our Defense played a straight up zone most of the time, did nothing on the pass rush, it looked to me like they were told to lose the game. The ease at which the patsies moved on offense and stifled our offense with their 32nd ranked defense was completely LAME!! It is very clear to me that something was not kosher in boston.... how about those obnoxious fans - booing when one of our players got hurt... I have always known how obnoxious boston and the people in it are.. but to look so completely incompetent as a team is unacceptable.. fixed or not..

P.S. Screw you fan police.
Can't speak to the defense so much, but word on the street was that McCoy was holding all of his 'really good' adjustments for the overtime period. He was more disappointed than anyone when it never arrived. But don't you worry. The next time an overtime happens, we'll be ready!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
t-mobile girl

Or....maybe they drew all of that up at halftime?
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
5 star thread
^
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Broncos were simply outcoached against the Pats, but from what I saw, it didn't take much. The Broncos did exactly the opposite of what I stated they needed to do on both sides of the ball to even have a chance, so losing like they did was not a shocker to me.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
gostkowski for 3

game was definitely fixed, thanks for giving me a good laugh...
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The Broncos were simply outcoached against the Pats...
Did you also happen to notice how we were "out-talented" by any chance?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Really? No, I thought the Broncos were loaded with talent, considering the great jobs the 2 previous regimes had done in the draft, especially on defense. I think most people already knew that, but sitting back in coverage and not attacking the QB is plain dumb, not to mention when you have already tried it in other games with similar results. Do it again anyway? If they got beat, so be it, but Brady would be hitting the ground and feeling it. Instead, his jersey looked pretty clean and it seemed like a scrimmage to him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
ThirtyDegrees

As disgusted as I was watching the play calls, I'm sure at a certain point Fox and McCoy had no idea what to do as rushers got to Tebow untouched on practically every drive.

Say what you will about Tebow's ability, at this point he is not the guy who you can drop back with max protect and wait paitently to find his window.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
to many young players in a game of the magnitude ........that game was going 100 mph for those guys , and whats worse is it was key positions ....I dont know why alot of these goofballs blame coaching etc ...... It was obvious Tebow was in survival mode,so was our defense ...champ was ok though ..... dayum good learning experience for the team though
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
to many young players in a game of the magnitude ........that game was going 100 mph for those guys , and whats worse is it was key positions ....I dont know why alot of these goofballs blame coaching etc ...... It was obvious Tebow was in survival mode,so was our defense ...champ was ok though ..... dayum good learning experience for the team though
I think the whole team was in survival mode. I think the game plan was a survival mode game plan. 3 runs and punt from your own goal line? There's a 90% chance Brady will score coming out of that.

We had nothing to lose in that game. Nobody expected anything. We should've been playing like it.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #14
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think the whole team was in survival mode. I think the game plan was a survival mode game plan. 3 runs and punt from your own goal line? There's a 90% chance Brady will score coming out of that.

We had nothing to lose in that game. Nobody expected anything. We should've been playing like it.
we ran on our own 10 for a very good reason , our offense the entire game was helter skelter , From the oline to Tebow ..... Is there a magic play that would have calmed everyone down ?
a game plan is only as good as the team executing it , you can scheme , plan , draw up plays all day long , but if no one is executing what good are they ?
you cant prepare players for what these playoff games are like , the deeper you go into the post season the worse they get , you cant prepare any one for that ......
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #15
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
We had four rookies playing on defense didn't we
Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #16
lolcopter

Facing the #1 pass defense, pass the ball
Facing one of the WORST pass defenses... um, run the ball?

Brilliant
Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
We had four rookies playing on defense didn't we
yep
Old 01-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #18
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyDegrees View Post
As disgusted as I was watching the play calls, I'm sure at a certain point Fox and McCoy had no idea what to do as rushers got to Tebow untouched on practically every drive.

Say what you will about Tebow's ability, at this point he is not the guy who you can drop back with max protect and wait paitently to find his window.
What they should have done is called a screen pass for Tebow and McGahee. But tell the Oline that it's a dropback pass and they have to try as hard as they can to block for as long as they can because Tebow will throw it 80 yards downfield.

That would give Tebow the 2 seconds he needs to sell the screen.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #19
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Facing the #1 pass defense, pass the ball
Facing one of the WORST pass defenses... um, run the ball?

Brilliant
did you see the game ?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #20
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
yep
They got some valuable experience and I think we got some good young players just need to compliment them with some FA's and another good draft
Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
They got some valuable experience and I think we got some good young players just need to compliment them with some FA's and another good draft
agree .......
Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

Im just glad we didnt try to blitz Brady alot and put him on his butt, becuz that would of left our secondary exposed.
cabronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The Broncos were simply outcoached against the Pats, but from what I saw, it didn't take much. The Broncos did exactly the opposite of what I stated they needed to do on both sides of the ball to even have a chance, so losing like they did was not a shocker to me.
from the moment they won the opening toss and deferred, we all should have known they had no clever new wrinkles to unveil against NE.

NE was better in every respect. better players. better coaching. better scheming. better gameplan. more experienced.

Denver could have won, but it would have had to have been a close game. 2 minutes in, we knew it wouldn't be.
Gort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's not confusing. It comes down to players making plays. We don't have enough to make them. It's easier for the un talented pats defense because the offense scores so much. But really watch the tape. Pats Dends dominated our RT and Wilfork was having his way on the inside running gaps. Broncos need better players, its not the friggin coaching.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsJohnGalt View Post
from the moment they won the opening toss and deferred, we all should have known they had no clever new wrinkles to unveil against NE.

NE was better in every respect. better players. better coaching. better scheming. better gameplan. more experienced.

Denver could have won, but it would have had to have been a close game. 2 minutes in, we knew it wouldn't be.
You really can't be having to add wrinkles every week, every halftime, and expect to be a success. The good offenses dictate to the defenses by doing what they do so well you can't stop it, even when you know its coming. Broncos offense is a gimmick offense because it lacks real talent across the board. Hell the board wants to elevate DT to number 1 WR status when he still drops far too many balls. He drops 1 a game usually. Thats not good play.

Even our talented players on offense need to get better.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote