The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default Dont Blame the refs

Win or lose Saturday, lets not blame the refs because we know its coming.

The league refs favor the Patriots. The refs will make a bogus call that favors the Patriots, and then after the game, if its not in the NFL playbook, they will make it a rule and name it after New England. Examples of this: The Tuck Rule and the hit QB below the knee rule. The league called the in completion in favor of tom brady, then once they realized it wasnt in the rulebook, they altered the rulebook in favor of New England.

Now we have seen several non call facemasks on Tim Tebow in the last few weeks, and I expect several more tomorrow during the Pats/Broncos game.

Lets not blame the refs, we know the bad calls are coming, lets overcome the adversity and just win baby.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Disagree. Let's blame the refs while winning.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Disagree. Let's blame the refs while winning.

Ok,

I predict 10 penalties against the Broncos for 120 yards. Several holding calls and pass interference. I expect several no calls for the pats holding dumervil and miller. I also expect 1 or 2 no calls on facemask for Tebow or Mcgehee. Most of the penalties will come during crucial moments of the game.

I predict 4 penalties for 25 yards against the patriots all coming at NON-crucial times. I think a few false starts and delay of game penalties when the punter is killing clock and giving himself 5 more yards of room to punt. With the 4 penalties, the refs will use that as evidence that the game was called fairly.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

It's not like league officials are looking at a clear backward lateral down the LOS with a line judge standing right there as the ball sails in reverse towards the sidelines and then, when the play is broken up and the ball comes loose, whistling the play dead thus blowing the call and rendering any opportunity to rectify the blown call via the league's kick ass instant replay rules null and void. It's not like that happens.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
It's not like league officials are looking at a clear backward lateral down the LOS with a line judge standing right there as the ball sails in reverse towards the sidelines and then, when the play is broken up and the ball comes loose, whistling the play dead thus blowing the call and rendering any opportunity to rectify the blown call via the league's kick ass instant replay rules null and void. It's not like that happens.

nope, but they are staring, and Zoning in with the eyes on a clear grab and pull facemask on Tebow, and Not throwing a flag, when your supposed to get a penalty for "grazing" the facemask with your hand.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #6
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
nope, but they are staring, and Zoning in with the eyes on a clear grab and pull facemask on Tebow, and Not throwing a flag, when your supposed to get a penalty for "grazing" the facemask with your hand.

the ref was 5 yards from it zoning in on it with his eyes.

The announcers pointed this out with several slow motion replays with the ref looking right at the penalty and not calling it. The announcers continued to say how shocked they were that a flag wasnt thrown.

And this was the same case in both of the KC and Pitt games.

Last edited by Peoples Champ; 01-13-2012 at 11:00 AM..
Old 01-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
the ref was 5 yards from it zoning in on it with his eyes.

The announcers pointed this out with several slow motion replays with the ref looking right at the penalty and not calling it. The announcers continued to say how shocked they were that a flag wasnt thrown.

And this was the same case in both of the KC and Pitt games.
The league did get the memo that Tebow is America's favorite athlete right? So this should change...right?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
The league did get the memo that Tebow is America's favorite athlete right? So this should change...right?
Correct, the league needs to make the Tebow rule.

It is not ok to grab anyones facemask besides Tebow.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

It would seem that as Tim Tebow is the most popular celebrity in America, the league would wise up and pave the way to get Tim into the Super Bowl.
Can you imagine the ratings for an event that already gets huge ratings if Tebow were in it? The only reason for all the Brady rules was the Patriots
were a hot property. But Tebow trumps the Patriots right now and would only be even more huge if the refs give the Patriots game to Tebow.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I dont get why people keep saying the refs are out to get us. Its a good thing the broncos are doing well, its been great for ratings.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #11
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

/Preemptively blaming refs.

The NFL has a cash cow in Tebow. It's about time Tebow gets some calls.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont get why people keep saying the refs are out to get us. Its a good thing the broncos are doing well, its been great for ratings.
You didn't watch the last 5 games?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Especially since it is public knowledge that they've blown numerous face mask calls already.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
You didn't watch the last 5 games?
I understand it hasn't gone in our favor, but i dont think they are purposely doing so.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
KO5K

Quote:
The NFL should want Tebow in the superbowl, Tim Tebow playing in the AFCCG and the superbowl benefits the NFL.

I've been expecting to get some calls the last few weeks in our favour because of this yet it's been the exact opposite. Maybe Roger Goodell's memo finally reaches the refs and they do their bit to ensure we make the game next week.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Win or lose Saturday, lets not blame the refs because we know its coming.

The league refs favor the Patriots. The refs will make a bogus call that favors the Patriots, and then after the game, if its not in the NFL playbook, they will make it a rule and name it after New England. Examples of this: The Tuck Rule and the hit QB below the knee rule. The league called the in completion in favor of tom brady, then once they realized it wasnt in the rulebook, they altered the rulebook in favor of New England.

Now we have seen several non call facemasks on Tim Tebow in the last few weeks, and I expect several more tomorrow during the Pats/Broncos game.

Lets not blame the refs, we know the bad calls are coming, lets overcome the adversity and just win baby.
Don't tell me what to do.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post
The NFL should want Tebow in the superbowl, Tim Tebow playing in the AFCCG and the superbowl benefits the NFL.

I've been expecting to get some calls the last few weeks in our favour because of this yet it's been the exact opposite. Maybe Roger Goodell's memo finally reaches the refs and they do their bit to ensure we make the game next week.
I'd just be happy if the Refs keep things EVENLY CALLED, and not get flag happy. As long as they don't give Brady and CO. breaks with ticky tack defensive penalty calls every time we stop him on third downs, and vice versa I'll be okay.

Call REAL fouls, not bogus ones, and just keep it fair.

And Yes maybe the league will stress that the Facemasks that are being repeatedly missed ( ooops...something in my eye there...didn't see anything) ,
need to be called. Running or not he is a QB, and the Helmet is a no no, even for him, when in the pocket.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
Boomhauer

Quote:
When it happens to Breeze, it's a fumble recovered by the defense that cannot be advanced because the inadvertent whistle. When it happens to Brady, it's still his ball and there can be no argument.

Yes, NFL fans can certainly blame the refs and look at solutions to the problem that causes it.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran

Refs constantly make mistakes. Frustrating, but I have to believe they don't favor any particular team. The enjoyment of sports is based on this. Otherwise there is no point of watching sports over, say, professional wrestling or soap operas.
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Agamemnon

If we lose, I'll blame whoever I want. And if they blow calls like in the Pittsburgh game, I'll be justified in blaming the refs.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

This is what I'm saying. I want to be a darling for a while.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #22
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO5K View Post

This isn't the NBA. I'd much rather win fair and square with the game called evenly. The missed face masking calls are bogus and hard to explain how they miss them every week for seemingly a month straight.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

They better give the pats oline a first half holding call or 2 or I'll be b****ing.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Ok,

I predict 10 penalties against the Broncos for 120 yards. Several holding calls and pass interference. I expect several no calls for the pats holding dumervil and miller. I also expect 1 or 2 no calls on facemask for Tebow or Mcgehee. Most of the penalties will come during crucial moments of the game.

I predict 4 penalties for 25 yards against the patriots all coming at NON-crucial times. I think a few false starts and delay of game penalties when the punter is killing clock and giving himself 5 more yards of room to punt. With the 4 penalties, the refs will use that as evidence that the game was called fairly.
Jets had 3 penalties for 35 yards last year in the playoffs vs the Pats. We had 7 for 39 yards vs the Pats in week 15. Just play smart football and we don't have to worry about the refs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote