The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco

Default Skip Bayless: Tebow should DEMAND a trade at the end of the season

On ESPN First Take today, Skip Bayless said that after the way Tebow was allegedly treated by the coaches and the FO in the Pittsburgh game, he should think about a trade. In fact, Bayless said he would use his position on the show to encourage Tebow "to DEMAND a trade".

Seems like Bayless has bought in to the rumor that Fox was ready to yank Tebow, at least on 3rd downs, for Brady Quinn if Tim struggled. Bayless said: "Where else could this story have come from? Someone from the Front Office *must* have leaked it."

Now...I've appreciated Bayless' support as much as the next guy, but is there any evidence that Fox or Elway or anyone else had a REAL plan in place to plug in Brady Quinn? This story never seemed to have any legs. Bayless apparently thinks the story is completely credible and that it's proof that Denver's coaches and FO don't believe in Tebow's long-term future with Denver. Skip said Tebow should be traded to Jacksonville in the offseason.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-12-2012 at 04:20 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Powderaddict

I hate Skip Bayless. The only good thing he's done is provide the material for the "All he does is win" song.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

every report by DENVER writers was that if denver was down big early, hed be pulled. coming off 3 straight losses and poor games by tebow, its not crazy to imagine. quinn, however, had 2-3 first team practice reps on the day they implement the gameplan, so he was never realistically gonna be put into the game if denver had any concievable way to win the game.

id bet it was as much a motivational tactic as anything else.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
BroncoBeavis

Yeah, the whole thing seemed like it was manufactured by the haters' brigade echo chamber.

Skip needs to lay off the Red Bull.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Despite Bayless's support of Tebow, he is still one of the biggest douchebag sensationalists getting paid to talk into our ears. In fact, I ****ing hate the media as a whole. They took the fact that Quinn got what was it, 8 reps in practice and turn it into the whole, Tebow is on a short leash bull****. If he was really on that short of a leash, then why wasnt he pulled after 8 yards in the first quarter? Now they take it even further and report that Tebow was deeply hurt...as reported by Mr Mustache Ed Werder, who I find to be one of the rudest ignorant and willing to manipulate words reporters out there. I really want to stop listening to the media bull****, but it is sooo difficult when we get coverage every five minutes.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
every report by DENVER writers was that if denver was down big early, hed be pulled. coming off 3 straight losses and poor games by tebow, its not crazy to imagine. quinn, however, had 2-3 first team practice reps on the day they implement the gameplan, so he was never realistically gonna be put into the game if denver had any concievable way to win the game.

id bet it was as much a motivational tactic as anything else.
I don't buy it. Absolutely no upside to that. You'd be allowing Tebow supporters to say he didn't get a fair shot. You're never going to win the game bringing in Brady Quinn while down big.

That would've been a lose/lose strategy regardless of how Fox or the FO felt about Tim. I'm completely relieved that none of it matters anymore though.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Oh, Skip... shut up.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
g00fyfoot
Seasoned Veteran

Hey Skip, did you know that the word gullible isn't in the dictionary?
g00fyfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

So...why should he demand a trade exactly? Im lost
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Armchair Bronco

Skip also said "the entire locker room turned on Tebow" after the KC game. He mentioned Champ Bailey and McGahee by name.

What the hell did these two guys say after the KC game?

Skip made it appear that the team turned on Tebow like a snake. In fact, IIRC Skip used the term "snake pit" to describe the atmosphere in Denver's locker room last week.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

LMAO skip Bayless videos all over the mane , everyone lovin on him , and now .....
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
So...why should he demand a trade exactly? Im lost
If the coaches were planning to yank him, either completely or even just for 3rd downs, it means that they still had no confidence in him despite him having rescued the season.

So, if they don't trust him after his (at one point) 7-1 record, they'll never trust him. This also means that they'll never build a team around him (because building around Tebow means drafting backup read-option QB's).

For these reasons, Tebow should demand a trade to Jacksonville this offseason since: A) he's already been betrayed by Denver; and B) Jacksonville is in complete top-to-bottom rebuilding mode and is Tebow's natural "home" in the NFL.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I've got to give that at least one Picard:

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Armchair Bronco

What, if anything, did Bailey & McGahee say about Tebow after the KC game, or during the week of practice before the game with Pittsburgh?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #15
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #16
mustangtoby

What a tool.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #17
BroncoBeavis

Wonder if he's thought about the fact that this would be totally out of character for Tim to do. I think he's more likely to work harder to overcome the doubt rather than skip town because of it.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #18
DarkHorse
RPM Racer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley

Skip is funny only because he's so far over the top that it becomes comical.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
MacGruder

Call me crazy but I had actually realized the same thing before Skip did. The reason I feel this way as well is because I don't think Tebow has been developed at all by this coaching staff and I don't think he will be developed at all if he remains.

The problem Tebow has though.. will ANYONE want to take on Tebow outside of Denver. They SHOULD.. but so should the Broncos. What if Tebow asks or demands to be traded and he ends up in just as bad or a worse situation?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Ah, playoff distractions.

Why not.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Call me crazy but I had actually realized the same thing before Skip did. The reason I feel this way as well is because I don't think Tebow has been developed at all by this coaching staff and I don't think he will be developed at all if he remains.

The problem Tebow has though.. will ANYONE want to take on Tebow outside of Denver. They SHOULD.. but so should the Broncos. What if Tebow asks or demands to be traded and he ends up in just as bad or a worse situation?
I won't call you crazy, because I think the same thing.

Sure, Denver has switched up its offense, but they haven't "re-tooled" and they aren't really putting Tebow in a position to win on a consistent basis. Tebow is, IMO, performing well *IN SPITE OF THE COACHING*. So if he stays here, it will be more of the same.

Now, if he gets traded to Jacksonville just to get recast as a pocket passer, that isn't going to work, either.

Maybe this is "The Plan" that the big man upstairs has for Tebow: he's regularly challenged by his coaches, even unfairly, and kept on a ridiculously short leash. They call for running plays 23 out of 24 times on first down, for example. They spread rumor and innuendo, but Tebow just ignores it and somehow manages to keep winning games. Eventually, the coaches loosen up, Tebow also polishes up his pocket passing, and for at least a couple of years, the Team *partially* commits to a sort of hybrid read-option, I-formation scheme.

Last edited by Armchair Bronco; 01-12-2012 at 04:52 PM..
Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #22
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Haven't you been called crazy enough? you masochistic loon.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #23
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Is this thread real?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #25
uplink
Ring of Famer

Bayless needs to understand teams try to be deceptive about what they plan to do when the battle begins. The broncos wanted the steelers to prep for Quinn and Tebow playing so they would spend less time on prepping for Tebow, seems like a no brainer to me.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote