The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
campocorto

Default Gene Steratore is this weekend's official

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-ref...ffssuper-bowl/

After Ron Winter's pitiful performance, the officiating can only get better. Steratore has a good rep around the league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Steratore

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #2
Agamemnon

Probably a Patriots fan...
Old 01-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

According to wiki, he's from Pennsylvania.

Says "he mostly works games in the North East."
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Vine

I would be absolutely shocked if the Broncos don't suffer from crooked officiating. Two reasons:

1)The Broncos are victims of crooked officiating every week, and it has come to the point that I now expect it.

2)Their opponents are Tom Brady and the Patriots. Absolutely no way any holding penalties will be called against the Pats O'line and the Patriots get all the calls and very few penalties actually are ever called against them.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Three words: East Coast Bias
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

I like him actually, I hate all refs but this guy and the ref that sounds like hes relatives of the ladys man.

I believe these are the 2 newest guys too or most recent I should say.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I would be absolutely shocked if the Broncos don't suffer from crooked officiating. Two reasons:

1)The Broncos are victims of crooked officiating every week, and it has come to the point that I now expect it.

2)Their opponents are Tom Brady and the Patriots. Absolutely no way any holding penalties will be called against the Pats O'line and the Patriots get all the calls and very few penalties actually are ever called against them.
This.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
I like him actually, I hate all refs but this guy and the ref that sounds like hes relatives of the ladys man.

I believe these are the 2 newest guys too or most recent I should say.

Wow, that's so not right.

Everyone knows exactly who you're talking about, but still.

I'm never going to be able to listen to him make a call without giggling again. Thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Don't forget the Brady Rule: Thou shalt not make the Brady cry. No touching, pushing, shoving or bumping. No players may jostle or otherwise discomfit the holy Brady.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

This. Dumervil's sack of Brady in the last game would've been a roughing the passer penalty, had the game been played in New England.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

And I've noticed for Tebow the exact opposite: Grab his face mask, kick him in the balls, stomp on him, whatever. No foul.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
OrangeSe7en

He's probably connected to the mafia.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

If the NFL has any brains at all, they will give special attention () to this crew. Why? Tebow and the Broncos are the best thing to happen to the NFL since the Jets won SBIII. (Serious)

It's in the NFL's best interest that the Broncos win this game. They will get 10 times the benefit from Tebow & the Broncos winning this game, than if NE wins it.

Think about it: the media / public attention to each Broncos game is breaking NFL ratings records each week. Can you imagine if the Broncos go to the SB? It will be similiar to when the Beatles played the Ed Sullivan show, maybe bigger. I just don't know why they haven't figured this out weeks ago.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
If the NFL has any brains at all, they will give special attention () to this crew. Why? Tebow and the Broncos are the best thing to happen to the NFL since the Jets won SBIII. (Serious)

It's in the NFL's best interest that the Broncos win this game. They will get 10 times the benefit from Tebow & the Broncos winning this game, than if NE wins it.

Think about it: the media / public attention to each Broncos game is breaking NFL ratings records each week. Can you imagine if the Broncos go to the SB? It will be similiar to when the Beatles played the Ed Sullivan show, maybe bigger. I just don't know why they haven't figured this out weeks ago.
No, no, no. You don't blow your wad all in one shot. You have to build the suspense first. Broncos/Tebow won in dominating fashion over the #1 passing defense first year, then lose to the Evil Empire in the next round. Next year we'll make it to the CG only to lose to Pitt to avenge their loss the year before. Then we will finally vanquish all and win the SB. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 01-12-2012 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Mouth
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
He's probably connected to the mafia.
I know right? Dude looks like a made man. The fix is in...
Old 01-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
No, no, no. You don't blow your wad all in one shot. You have to build the suspense first. Broncos/Tebow won in dominating fashion over the #1 passing defense first year, then lose to the Evil Empire in the next round. Next year we'll make it to the CG only to lose to Pitt to avenge their loss the year before. Then we will finally vanquish all and win the SB. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
But the world is going to end this year...
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #17
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
Absolutely no way any holding penalties will be called against the Pats O'line.
Yeah, to not have a single holding call due to speed rushers like Dumervil and Miller (even with the busted hand) was astounding.

Their tackles are pretty good, but not THAT damn good.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
The 3 game losing streak to end the season is all the suspense we need. The doubters were on a feeding frenzy, like sharks on a wounded mackeral.

I don't know if you are serious or not on your premiss, but I am dead-serious on mine: It is in the league's best interest that the Broncos win this game. Period. Next year we can worry about a repeat.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

I can see it now some phantom face masking call when someone barely grazed Brady after all the missed calls the past couple weeks.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #20
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

The holding calls were generally let go on both sides Sunday. There were pretty blatant holds on both sides, so I'm just as happy as a clam that they
weren't concentrating on the lines.

I would like to see the facemasks called, as it has been pretty obvious the last few weeks. But then maybe we won't get any this week.

As long as the crew calls things EVENLY I won't be upset. I don't want to see a bunch of BS PI calls, and I hope the refs are looking for the pick plays that all teams seem to be running against us in the secondary.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #21
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And I've noticed for Tebow the exact opposite: Grab his face mask, kick him in the balls, stomp on him, whatever. No foul.
Seems to be the theme for all scrambling QBs.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #22
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
The 3 game losing streak to end the season is all the suspense we need. The doubters were on a feeding frenzy, like sharks on a wounded mackeral.

I don't know if you are serious or not on your premiss, but I am dead-serious on mine: It is in the league's best interest that the Broncos win this game. Period. Next year we can worry about a repeat.
Ooooh I like where you're going, next year we'll go for the undefeated season? Gotta make the sequel bigger than the original!

Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 01-12-2012 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: MOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:19 AM   #23
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Ooooh I like where you're going, next year we'll go for the undefeated season? Gotta make the sequel bigger than the original!
Old 01-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
Toshiro Takashi

I Like Sterartore. He's a good fair ref. The Tebows will be fine.

Thank god it's not Jeff Triplette. Easily the worst ref in the league.