The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Will this Broncos team attract top free agent talent?

Do you think this playoff run with Tebow will attract free agents this off season? I am pumped to see who we can bring in. Does anybody have a list of free agents for the upcoming off season?

I want to bring in a talented vet at safety, I don't think Dawkins has much left.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Maybe running backs. I don't know about WRs.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

We'll see in March I suppose. Should be interesting, especially the rants when Denver does not sign the guys we think would be good fits.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe running backs. I don't know about WRs.
No ****, I was about to type the exact same thing.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
No ****, I was about to type the exact same thing.
Yeah I was going to add something about that. But with the maturation of Thomas and Decker, I'm not too concerned.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I thought money attracted them?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #7
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I thought money attracted them?
I think we have some of that too
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
riiiiick
Solid Starter

I think the Christian factor will attract some and repel others.
riiiiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Keep building through the draft and get younger. We need to develop Carter and Moore right now but I would not be against renting a vet safety. Unfortunately my dream of Adrain Wilson one day being a Bronco will never happen. Hes getting old and resigned in Ariz last yr so he is locked up.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I have a feeling Broncos will be a hotter destination this offseason.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Seriously, I think there is a lot of excitement being generated in Denver by this team. Colorado is a great place to live. I think there will be players who want to go to a contender who would like to get on board on the bottom floor. This is just the beginning. IMO, a lot of players will be attracted to this team.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Just wondering though outside of Sproles has any offensive player been a better FA pickup then Mcgahee? And what about the trade for Bunkley? Isn't that one of the better trades this yr? Really its amazing Elway scored in FA, scored in a trade, and scored in the draft. Then he gets coaches in here who get more out of players then the previous regime did. Seriously how he isn't in the running for executive of the yr is beyond me. Broncos were the 2nd worst team in the league last yr.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Keep building through the draft and get younger. We need to develop Carter and Moore right now but I would not be against renting a vet safety. Unfortunately my dream of Adrain Wilson one day being a Bronco will never happen. Hes getting old and resigned in Ariz last yr so he is locked up.
I agree we need to build through the draft, but every team needs to bring in a great free agent or two. Neil Smith?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Seriously, I think there is a lot of excitement being generated in Denver by this team. Colorado is a great place to live. I think there will be players who want to go to a contender who would like to get on board on the bottom floor. This is just the beginning. IMO, a lot of players will be attracted to this team.
Everytime I go to Denver I think to myself if I had to leave Calif I could live here. I don't ski anymore but still love being in the mountains, like to fish, but also like a big city to have a good time in. Denver gives you all that.

Really i always tell my cousins who still live in Denver that Calif just adds the beach and better weather. Still though we have mountains we can go ski in, fish in, hike in etc etc. Nothing like Denver but still pretty awesome. We have med pot, you have med pot lol!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiiiick View Post
I think the Christian factor will attract some and repel others.
Prepare to root for the God Squad.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'm still looking forward to Syd'quan's return to the team next year. I think he's going to be the real deal. i watched him at Cal. He is quick, constantly aggressive and an excellent tackler. At worst, he'll give us a strong nickle package.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
Armchair Bronco

We need to draft Defensive guys in the high rounds, WRs and RB's in the middle rounds, and read-option QB's in the later rounds.

I think Defensive FA's will find Denver attractive thanks to Fox. And RB's will, too. WR's won't, so we need to draft receivers.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The Broncos need to do well in both the draft and free agency if they want to be real contenders soon. If previous regimes had drafted well, especially on the defensive side of the ball, then pretty just using the draft could work. But there are too many holes on this team in which the draft alone won't fix unless ready to wait 3-4 years for a true contending team. Trading down as I have suggested would help in acquiring more picks in the draft though.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #19
uplink
Ring of Famer

I thought EFX are going not going to pay for pricey free agents, doing things the way the steelers and packers do it by developing players.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houshyamama View Post
I agree we need to build through the draft, but every team needs to bring in a great free agent or two. Neil Smith?
I wouldn't mind seeing some FA, but the list just seems pretty thin from what I have seen. Going through it, crossing off the ones you figure will resign with their teams, and you aren't left with much.

The big guard in NO is a thought. With Brees and Colston both FA they may not be able to tag him to limit his movement. I would love a move for someone like that. Carl Nicks is his name. The Saints gave the other guard a huge deal, have other FA, so he may be let go. He's dominant and paired with a healthy Kuper could really be something. Also love Ben Grubbs OG from the Ravens. With Kuper hurt, the other guards pretty avg, dont be surprised if we dipped into the big guard FA sweepstakes.

Then I would look at FA corners. Grimes from Atl, Carr from KC, maybe trufant if hes not too pricey as a number 2. Not saying let Goodman go, but we need some more corners.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
I thought EFX are going not going to pay for pricey free agents, doing things the way the steelers and packers do it by developing players.
Elway wont forget how the FA helped the Broncos during his time though. I agree though don't look for a lot of high profile signings.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
But the Packers and Steelers for the most part, have had very good drafts for a decade, so they don't have to sign big money players with good talent waiting to take over for older players or those that leave for big money someplace else. This is why you fan not go so long and have poor drafts, especially on one side of the ball like the Broncos have had.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

why would the Broncos sign quality free agents or draft quality players...weren't EFX trying to sabotage Tebow? At least that is what I've heard many many times...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
why would the Broncos sign quality free agents or draft quality players...weren't EFX trying to sabotage Tebow? At least that is what I've heard many many times...
So you should be sick of it to the point you wouldn't be the one bringing up that nonesense.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I don't think the question is about attracting the FA's, it's about their willingness to spend the money. I think they have one more year without the salary floor, right?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote