The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default top 12 bronco plays plus one

In 2010 I wrote in different posts my personal top 12 bronco plays of all time. The Tim Tebow to Demaryius Thomas winning TD pass in overtime has to crack my top 12. I posted these videos after going through some old video tapes. I'd rate the Tebow to Thomas TD around 5a on this list:

I saw #12, #9, #7, #6, #2, and now #5A in person (yes I was in the North Stands Sunday - the biggest thrill at the new Mile High since Champ's big pick of Tom Brady #7)

In reviewing the list now I'd switch #12 with #8 on the list (immaculate deflection #12, dolbin playoff td #8). Some may question #2 and #3 being so high on the list (old time plays) - I think those two plays were key in establishing the Broncos as a franchise. If #2 didn't happen, who knows if Floyd Little is dealt by Lou Saban. #3 was key in ending the Raider dominance in 77.

See these also on my blog at:

http://sportsindenver.blogspot.com/

Here again is my list of the previous top 12 bronco plays of all time:

Craig Morton throws the clinching touchdown to Jack Dolbin on December 24, 1977 to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Broncos first playoff game ever:

#11: John Elway throws a touchdown pass to Ricky Nattiel on the Broncos first offensive play in Super Bowl 22:

#10 Gradishar's Long TD. Randy Gradishar intercepts a pass from Cleveland's Brian Sipe and runs 93 yards for a touchdown - the longest interception return for a td in Bronco history:

Louie Wright returns a field goal blocked by Dennis Smith to beat San Diego in Overtime in this 1985 game:

#8 Immaculate Deflection

#7 Champ picks off Brady

#6 Morton to Moses AFC Championship Game

#5 Elway to Jackson to end "The Drive"

#4 Elway to Rod Smith Super Bowl 33

#3 Jim Turner scores a TD

#2 Floyd Little makes a great catch after being "fired"

#1 The Helicopter and post game celebration, Super Bowl 32

which led to:

titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links