The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #1
campocorto

Default Forbes: Bowlen is the 10th worst owner in the NFL

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eimh4...enver-broncos/

Bottom 10

10. Bowlen DEN
9. Daniel Snyder WAS
8. Malcolm Glazer TB
7. Clark Hunt KC
6. Wayne Weaver JAC
5. Mike Brown CIN
4. Randy Lerner CLE
3. Ralph Wilson, Jr. BUF
2. Al Davis, OAK (they acknowledged he's dead)
1. William Clay Ford, Sr. DET
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
campocorto

Top 10

10. Steve Bisciotti, BAL
9. Dan Rooney, PIT
8. Tom Benson, NO
7. Alex Spanos, SD (WTF??)
6. Woody Johnson, NYJ
5. Jerry Jones, DAL
4. Public Stockholders, GB
3. Jim Irsay, IND
2. Robert Kraft, NE
1. Mara & Tisch Families, NYG
Old 01-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

They're being incredibly generous.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:47 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Two questions.

1) What is the basis of these rankings?

2) Where the **** is Jerry Jones?

Last edited by Agamemnon; 01-10-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Old 01-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Completely disagree -- as you can tell by my avatar, I'm very grateful for having Bowlen as an owner all these years, and hope he continues to be in place for many years.
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #6
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatFan View Post
Completely disagree -- as you can tell by my avatar, I'm very grateful for having Bowlen as an owner all these years, and hope he continues to be in place for many years.
Your username is more apt for how some of us feel about him.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:52 AM   #7
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Where do they come up with this stuff? Is it based on on-the-field success?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:53 AM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

To be fair, I'm an equal oppurtunity hater. HTF is Tom Benson in the Top 10? Or Jones? Or Irsay (what's he done, except luck into a franchise QB...twice)? Or Spanos?

And the York family (SF) should definitely be in midst of the bottom group, right alongside Pat, William Clay Ford and Mike Brown.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Wow. Al Davis is such a bad owner that even when he's DEAD they dig him up and rate him among the worst. I mean, they didn't even give him credit for all the the good non-decisions he's made since dying. They might even keep the same coach for another season.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Wow. Al Davis is such a bad owner that even when he's DEAD they dig him up and rate him among the worst. I mean, they didn't even give him credit for all the the good non-decisions he's made since dying. They might even keep the same coach for another season.
And why is Wayne Weaver still listed? Didn't he just sell the Jags?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
And why is Wayne Weaver still listed? Didn't he just sell the Jags?
The story is from 11/02/2011 , Think it wasn't sold yet Blue.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #12
Boomhauer

Forbes takes a monetary perspective to his rankings that almost no fan would. If owners were rated by how well organized their organizations were, how well and how consistent the teams played, how loyal their fanbase was and its trend, the ratings would be quite different.

Starting with the worst, I'd rate the bottom dozen...
CIN, TB, JAX = These teams are a disorganized hot mess that can show talent at times, but only as a fluke.
SEA, AZ, CAR = Only rated better because the fans have lower expectations. These owners don't even appear to try and build winning franchises. Carolina, for example, had Fox coaching almost a decade and anyone hiring him has conceded mediocrity.
CLE, MIA, BUF, KC = These also seem unable to get their act together, but show effort and have loyal fans.
SF, OAK = Again, loyal fans and also show potential year in and out, but have a tendency to suddenly turn to poo when it matters and for years at a time.

And yes, I did just name two playoff teams including one that has a legit shot at winning the Superbowl.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #13
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
The story is from 11/02/2011 , Think it wasn't sold yet Blue.
That's what I get for not clicking the link. Oh, well.

The point still stands though... that enough changes (Al Davis' death, the sale of the Jags) have occurred to make the list pretty much irrelevant from the perspective of 2 short months later.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:56 AM   #14
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The point still stands though... that enough changes (Al Davis' death, the sale of the Jags) have occurred to make the list pretty much irrelevant from the perspective of 2 short months later.
Not really. As I just mentioned, it's Forbes and monetarily ranked. Specifically, it's return on investment and winning percentage (advertising dollars). Neither will change radically over a season, much less a couple months.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #15
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Forbes takes a monetary perspective to his rankings that almost no fan would. If owners were rated by how well organized their organizations were, how well and how consistent the teams played, how loyal their fanbase was and its trend, the ratings would be quite different.

Starting with the worst, I'd rate the bottom dozen...
CIN, TB, JAX = These teams are a disorganized hot mess that can show talent at times, but only as a fluke.
SEA, AZ, CAR = Only rated better because the fans have lower expectations. These owners don't even appear to try and build winning franchises. Carolina, for example, had Fox coaching almost a decade and anyone hiring him has conceded mediocrity.
CLE, MIA, BUF, KC = These also seem unable to get their act together, but show effort and have loyal fans.
SF, OAK = Again, loyal fans and also show potential year in and out, but have a tendency to suddenly turn to poo when it matters and for years at a time.

And yes, I did just name two playoff teams including one that has a legit shot at winning the Superbowl.
Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #16
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Your username is more apt for how some of us feel about him.
Nice one -- but I was thinking about a new username anyway, and you just pushed me over the edge. I'll have to come up with something Bowlen-centric, just for you.
BowlenBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:45 AM   #17
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

I'm curious to see how far our value goes up due to Tebow after this season.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #18
Boomhauer

DB4Life - "Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass."

Re; - Only because he's a 4.5 guy, always has been, that had zero WR skills when drafted. I also said Britt Davis should have made the roster instead of him, only because he's a much better receiver.

But at least having Thomas and his LB speed, route running, ball carrying and DT hands lulls the secondary to sleep and lets him stroll around uncovered in the secondary. The only downside is defenses put 8-9 in the box to stifle the running game and the one drop/game that hits his numbers ends drives.

If "everyone knows (I'm) a dumbass" as you say -interesting that word cleared forum filters- then I suppose "everyone" doesn't know or understand football. Instead, just acts like jealous, bches trying to mend their broken Napolean complex through insults and dismissal to hide the truth from themselves that they're actually hopeless tards with limp pistols.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
Boomhauer

So DB4L, now that you've been called as a poser with a crap hand, you gonna lay out your owner rankings for all to see, or pout, fold and scurry away from the table so football fans can continue without you?

Anytime you're ready bch, but you better bring something good now that you've been sighted in.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #20
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
DB4Life - "Yeah you said that Thomas isn't a sub 4.3 guy and would be a 4th or 5th round draft pick by anyother team as well. Everyone knows you are a dumbass."

Re; - Only because he's a 4.5 guy, always has been, that had zero WR skills when drafted. I also said Britt Davis should have made the roster instead of him, only because he's a much better receiver.

But at least having Thomas and his LB speed, route running, ball carrying and DT hands lulls the secondary to sleep and lets him stroll around uncovered in the secondary. The only downside is defenses put 8-9 in the box to stifle the running game and the one drop/game that hits his numbers ends drives.

If "everyone knows (I'm) a dumbass" as you say -interesting that word cleared forum filters- then I suppose "everyone" doesn't know or understand football. Instead, just acts like jealous, bches trying to mend their broken Napolean complex through insults and dismissal to hide the truth from themselves that they're actually hopeless tards with limp pistols.
After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #21
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So DB4L, now that you've been called as a poser with a crap hand, you gonna lay out your owner rankings for all to see, or pout, fold and scurry away from the table so football fans can continue without you?

Anytime you're ready bch, but you better bring something good now that you've been sighted in.
In all fairness. your roster evaluation was pretty atrocious. Some stuff i agree with somethings i just say HUH? Just like everyone else on this forum your a fan that doesn't know as much as you'd like.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #22
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed
He did get caught on his long pass plays. he just over powered Ike Taylor on the final play ... the safety almost did catch him who was five yards back i'd say 4.4 4. 5 but then he did have a injury this year, definitely think he can get back to 4.3 though.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #23
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
He covered about 40 yards after the catch on the game-winning TD. Didn't time him myself but he did it faster than the pittsburgh secondary

So I no longer really care what his 40-time was at the combine - does that make me a bad person?
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:34 AM   #24
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
They're being incredibly generous.
I am so going to fly to LA after the Broncos win their next super bowl to watch you soft shoe around saying something good about Bowlen.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #25
Boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Just like everyone else on this forum your a fan that doesn't know as much as you'd like.

...definitely think (Thomas) can get back to 4.3 though.
1) Not everyone on this forum is a fan. Some don't even watch the Broncos or football.
2) In most ways I know a lot more than I wish, or is good for me, but I'll gladly concede I wish I could sit in on player/coach/FO meetings, attend every workout and practice, and follow the scouts on every trip. In absence of that, I'll just have to wait for intelligent or insightful comments here. Been 1 1/2 yrs and I can count them all on my toes, so please, prove me wrong.
3) What do you mean "back to 4.3"? Dude was a 4.6 player in college, timed 4.5s with scouts before his injury (but after an unverifiable 4.3 tape from his agent was circulated), and has never looked faster than Tony Scheffler.
-------------------------------------------------------------
K.James - "After seeing a lot of your posts yeah your an idiot.....if you think DT has 4.5 speed"

Re; - Nice, another poster as retarded as DB4L and the psycho-liberal faction in WRP. What goes for that clown, goes for you as well - assuming it's not two accounts - Put up, or STFU bch 'cause your juvenile cryin' and crapin' yourself doesn't phase me one bit, only gives me JV practice if I choose to f'q with you, yet always making things worse for everyone else.

Last edited by Boomhauer; 01-10-2012 at 06:59 AM..