The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default suggestions for Downtown Denver next weekend

as mentioned in this thread, my wife and I are headed to Denver next weekend for the game. We have a nice hotel reserved, just off of the 16th street mall.

Need suggestions for things to do Saturday. The Wife would like to eat at some fancy place...the type of place that has table cloths (no sports bar, no Chili's, etc). Beyond that - suggestions for pre-game? Best way to/from stadium? Best place to buy some Broncos swag for the kids?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

I hear that topless steakhouse is pretty good.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

there is a buttload of bars and restaurants and stores right around where your staying you shouldnt have to go far for some fun sullivans steak house is damn good.

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-01-2012 at 09:03 PM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

chophouse for dinner
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Been wanting to try the rodizio Grill The brazillian steakhouse but heres a list.

http://denver.diningguide.com/dl1dt.htm#fin
Old 01-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

Denver has an awesome selection of very nice (but not too expensive) bars and restaurants that would be perfect date spots. I have three for you that you should check out with your wife when you're in town:

1) BoyzTown - the chef, Pierre Boyz, is a world renowned James Beard Foundation winner and was a finalist on Iron Chef America recently. Be sure to order spicy sausage and cream sauce.

2) Charlies Denver - this is a hidden gem in Denver. They have amazing rump roast. Ask to be served by Charlie himself. He's usually open to service guests who are interested in rump roast

3) Wrangler - this is a true Denver tradition. Wrangler hails back to the old days when cowboys just want to hang out with other cowboys in a nice little dimly lit bar surrounded by other cowboys. Ask them for longjohns dipped in cream and a hot spicy kielbasa (that's the locals favorite plate)
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
Denver has an awesome selection of very nice (but not too expensive) bars and restaurants that would be perfect date spots. I have three for you that you should check out with your wife when you're in town:

1) BoyzTown - the chef, Pierre Boyz, is a world renowned James Beard Foundation winner and was a finalist on Iron Chef America recently. Be sure to order spicy sausage and cream sauce.

2) Charlies Denver - this is a hidden gem in Denver. They have amazing rump roast. Ask to be served by Charlie himself. He's usually open to service guests who are interested in rump roast

3) Wrangler - this is a true Denver tradition. Wrangler hails back to the old days when cowboys just want to hang out with other cowboys in a nice little dimly lit bar surrounded by other cowboys. Ask them for longjohns dipped in cream and a hot spicy kielbasa (that's the locals favorite plate)
lol...something tells me that you and I have different ideas of perfect date spots.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

The broker is always good
Old 01-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Been wanting to try the rodizio Grill The brazillian steakhouse but heres a list.

http://denver.diningguide.com/dl1dt.htm#fin
Rodizio is the place for Mane weekend. 25 different types of meat to make one happy **** before you can leave the joint. That place has a good bar too as you wait for your table to be ready.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #10
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I ate at The Keg on new year's eve. Steak was delicious per usual.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

so: trip report:

Yesterday, we me a buddy of mine in Boulder for tapas. Fantastic. I'm not really a tapas guy, but could be easily converted. Next, we went to Avery Brewing, which was ok. Tried not to drink too much as we had to drive back to Denver. Dinner was @ Keg, which was fantastic. I was a bit put off...how tf can a place call itself "keg" and only have three beers on tap?

anyways, we pregamed today in lot G. awesome. Went to the game, had a fantastic time. Waved my orange towel like my life depended on it. It was my wifes second Bronco game, what a game today!!!

Headed back 2morrow.Had a good time in Denver and definitely will be back. next time Hinkenlooper (or whomever) argues about the economic benefit to having a team, I'm living proof that therer is a boost.

Go Broncos!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

also, I've been to Charlies before. We went to see Megadeth a long time ago at the fillmore, and ended up up in Charlies by accident. Good beer, awkward looks. Pretty much par for the course for orange mane recommendation.